Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

That's wierd. My TV is displaying čćđšž in EPG without any problems. Do you have any channels with multiple subtitle languages? Can you switch between them?

Yes, wired. Serbian chanal not display our character, but Croatian and Slovenian chanal display utf8 character.

Hi,

Enthusiastic users installed 05.10.x, I am curious to know what is the WebOS version displayed under about TV menu ?

I have installed on my 42LB650V and everything is working properly. All menus works much faster and smoother than in all previous versions. Finally, after many earlier updates, webOS in my LG became useful. Do not install 4.65.50 or older, it does not make sense. 05.10.01 is the one for which we waited for so long. Just install it and have fun with your LG. ;)

O2LoH9P.png

Regards,

SIMON

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Enthusiastic users installed 05.10.x, I am curious to know what is the WebOS version displayed under about TV menu ?

Hello Jai

Model - 42LB650V-ZN

Software version - 05.10.02

webOS TV Version - 1.4.0-2502 (afro-ashley)

BTW My enthusiasm stems from fact that before upgrading to 05.10.01, my TV from novelty was useless, every day more and more irritated, I was tempted to throw it away or sell. Now, after many months, TV really works as it should when I bought it. And I don't have any problems after this update.

I have also lb650v it's a new life for this model. Still its not perfect but very big upgrade.

Why there is no APP for facebook, google photos, google drive, the app for spotify is useless because we have to pay to use it.

• Like 1

I have also lb650v it's a new life for this model. Still its not perfect but very big upgrade.

Why there is no APP for facebook, google photos, google drive, the app for spotify is useless because we have to pay to use it.

Because Facebook didn't support WebOS and the app were discontinued and Google haven't released (and I think that never will release) new Google Apps for WebOS. 

I also installed 05.10.02. All seams work fine except simplink... Last official version fixed simplink issue already, so I hope next beta will fix it as well...

I aslo don't know why Spotify was removed form beta version?, hope this will be avalaible again later..

Well tried a reset on my LB731V after installing 05.10.01 and its was working for a while with simplink turned off. Then used apps and menus and appeared the app/memory close Problems. Might go for a downgrade when time. Seems ok with hdmi Raspberry pi only. Will wait and see before a downgrade. How long will be for a full version, any ideas anyone?

Also anyone know where the webpage for these downloads I can't seem to access the page directly always ask for user/password.

Still unable to update to 05,10,02. Usb not recognised.

Cheers Jon

I aslo don't know why Spotify was removed form beta version?, hope this will be avalaible again later..

Teemon, if you want Spotify back, change location for German, install Spotify, and then go back to your location.

Hi guys

I watch this blog for a while and notes with pleasure that the topic is debated so intensely.

I am the owner of a LG 42lb731v in Romania, acquired in May 2015 and by day worked with software (04.30.16) properly (DLNA, MHL, WIDI, USB stick, WEB).

I was prepare a USB stick with the update (05.10.02) for the try, but my wife accidentally run it (he thought I had a movie on it) and here I am with the update I did not wanted right now.

It seems to work OK with this update, for now (no more memory error), but no longer accept my password to wirless so I connect it only with LAN.

If some one have Software_File(Version_04.30.16).zip please put a link maybe I will need it.

Here is the link to downgrade page : http://blog.techflaws.org/2014/05/26/firmware-downgrade-for-lg-smart-tvs/comment-page-3/#comment-16027

If I can help I will, so please be specific.

with regards

Mihai

Also my tv will not see version 5.10.02, maybe just not compatible on this one.

However disappointingly I am getting 'APP WILL RESTART TO FREE UP MEMORY' while watching streaming video such as from Amazon.

The tv seems doesn't seem to like it when you go into settings say while in an app such as AMAZON or NETFLIX.

Also the delay started to increase slightly becoming jerky when operating a function.

Just done a factory reset and everythings quicker again, cant comment yet on the FREE UP MEMORY ISSUE.

I just hope the release version has these things ironed out.  Ive got a couple of the previous generation LG SMART tv, and apart from a duff wifi card the actual OS is faster and more robust.

Just for reference SIMPLINK turned off as is MOTION recognition just in case these are causing problems.

That is because you guys are downloading the wrong version. Look at 5.10.01 what is the prefix (atsc or dvb) replace at the download url and be happy.

Enviado do meu S5 Duos usando o Tapatalk

I test the TV all day long and all it is OK, no app closed, no memory errors, I hope everything will be fine.

On the TV Is now installed : starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2502-05.10.02-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

ok, found the right version of 5.10.02 - all sorted and updated.

Could you guys try something ?

AMAZON prime, watch a streaming video, then on the tv > select settings , then select advanced settings,  

Within 5-20secs For me, most times - this invokes a APP WILL RESTART to FREE UP MEMORY.

Other times it may just stop the video streaming.

Maybe its my configuration, but if universal will be useful for the developers to know.

Thanks

That is because you guys are downloading the wrong version. Look at 5.10.01 what is the prefix (atsc or dvb) replace at the download url and be happy.

WTF is atsc - starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk andreluigo? Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic.

How do all, I've a LG webOS TV (Version 1.3.3-3866[afro-arches]  -   TV  model:  49UB850V-ZD.

This afternoon i updated the software version to 04.55.55 (from 04.55.40).

Reason for update - wanted the Spotify App installed but couldnt find prior to the software update.

(Now if i could just cast from a google chrome tab  :blink:  )

ok, found the right version of 5.10.02 - all sorted and updated.

Could you guys try something ?

AMAZON prime, watch a streaming video, then on the tv > select settings , then select advanced settings,  

Within 5-20secs For me, most times - this invokes a APP WILL RESTART to FREE UP MEMORY.

Other times it may just stop the video streaming.

Maybe its my configuration, but if universal will be useful for the developers to know.

Thanks

Gulfstream2000, Very spontaneous problems with memory I have of day, in which I bought my TV, on each firmware, especially when I use web browser. Nothing changed after updates. I think this is a joke from LG.

WTF is atsc - starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk andreluigo? Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic.

Hello balrom.
Beta ~2.0 suitable for your UHD LG is available here: 05.10.01 for UB850 - UB980 / UC970.

Today new beta firmware was released version 5.10.02 for LB630-LB870 and EC930

Link is from officialy LG site:

http://su.lge.com:80/GlobalSWDownloadCdn.laf?IMG=/201508/starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2502-05.10.02-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

If you don't know what are you doing, please don't flash...It is only on your own risk!!!

I'am flashed today on my 42LB700V-ZG and everything goes fine. Speed and memory improvement...A little bit different fonts style and size..

Also for UHD LG05.10.02 for UB850 - UB980 / UC970

Everything works fine again. 

WTF is atsc - starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk andreluigo? Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic.

Really that nobody gave it?

Could you be more polite instead a big asshole!

Also my tv will not see version 5.10.02, maybe just not compatible on this one.

However disappointingly I am getting 'APP WILL RESTART TO FREE UP MEMORY' while watching streaming video such as from Amazon.

The tv seems doesn't seem to like it when you go into settings say while in an app such as AMAZON or NETFLIX.

Also the delay started to increase slightly becoming jerky when operating a function.

Just done a factory reset and everythings quicker again, cant comment yet on the FREE UP MEMORY ISSUE.

I just hope the release version has these things ironed out. Ive got a couple of the previous generation LG SMART tv, and apart from a duff wifi card the actual OS is faster and more robust.

Just for reference SIMPLINK turned off as is MOTION recognition just in case these are causing problems.

I will try this tonight never had a memory issues my self my model is ub950v I think

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1536-webos-tv-firmware-version/?p=4147

Really that nobody gave it?

Could you be more polite instead a big asshole!

Oh, I'm sorry master, please forgive me, I did not know you were so sensitive...  :huh:

Anyway, none url in your post does not lead to firmware with atsc prefix. In other words: Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic

So maybe now you will be more polite instead a big asshole, and explain to us what you have actually a problem, instead of doing redundant confusion and make people astray.

BTW

This isn't working in my LB6500 with 5.10.01 (starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk). Anyone has any idea?

No...this is only for LB630-LB870   :unsure:

• Like 1

It's a bad idea posting model specific firmware in a generic thread anyway people need todo a little research before throwing beta firmware on there tv

• Like 1

It's a bad idea posting model specific firmware in a generic thread anyway people need todo a little research before throwing beta firmware on there tv

You're right uklad. Therefore we give names of models for which are these updates.

Hi magdymans. You must do it manually - read my previous post for instructions. 

Here is download link: 05.10.01 *for HD LGLB630 - LB870 / EC930.

*For UHD LG available here: 05.10.01 for UB850 - UB980 / UC970.

Regards

*Updated 24.08.2015

It would be good that users wrote in their posts, in which TVs they have installed these updates and how it works.

You're right uklad. Therefore we give names of models for which are these updates.

It would be good that users wrote in their posts, in which TVs they have installed these updates and how it works.

Installed 5.10.02 on my 42LB650V-ZN and no problems until now.

Tv faster and nicer

• Like 1

Oh, I'm sorry master, please forgive me, I did not know you were so sensitive...  :huh:

Anyway, none url in your post does not lead to firmware with atsc prefix. In other words: Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic

So maybe now you will be more polite instead a big asshole, and explain to us what you have actually a problem, instead of doing redundant confusion and make people astray.

BTW

Ok, your highness of crap... I am sure u know but just for saying, you sound like a shit that consider yourself better than everyone else, but you are just a big jerk...

This isn't working in my LB6500 with 5.10.01 (starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk). Anyone has any idea?

For those who has the same problem (TV doesn't recognize new update) i had, look the prefix dvb or atsc in the name of first update 5.10.01 http://su.lge.com/GlobalSWDownloadCdn.laf?IMG=/201508/starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk and change at the link of second update 5.10.02 with your right prefix http://su.lge.com/GlobalSWDownloadCdn.laf?IMG=/201508/starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2502-05.10.02-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

This solved my issue. TV wasn't recognizing the update because was the wrong file. I changed the name on the link and updated!