Quantcast

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:

- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v

- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB

- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for your amusement this is an example of the level of control I have on ALL LG TVs: the menus you see are custom made.

Guys, please refrain from attacking each other in a topic on this site. You are welcome to PM each other and/or take it offline. Thank you.

"Out of memory. App is closed" is replaced with "This application will reset to free up much memory" hahahaha   

Posted Images

Interesting. Southern hemisphere is at 4.00.13. Northern at 3.23.xx. Why LG?

Do we know the difference between 3.2 and 4.0? Maybe it is just localized features such as "today"? I have no clue as of LG's version policies, but a change in major from 3->4 would in my world suggest a major overhaul, multiple new features etc.

Is there NO way to get a changelog?

/H

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

My TV just auto-updated to software version 04.30.08. 

I noticed a lot of cosmetic updates:

* there are now tool tips when hovering over the settings options

* icon updates - my live tv icon is now an antenna (because i use an antenna), i think some other icons have been updated.

* i see an option for screen capture which i havent noticed before

On the downside, i can no longer watch movies through the web browser, such as using plex web. 5 minutes in to the movie the www app is crashing and complaining about not enough memory. :(

Software version 04.30.08

WebOS TV version: 1.3.0-3208(afro-arches)

Canada

47LB6300

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jjufyu23
      Hi,
      I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
      Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
      My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
      I tried to use (with no success):
      - Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
      - Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
      - VLC UPnP feature - same as above
      What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
    • By Spraoí
      Recently bought an LG Smart TV in Ireland. 43Nano796NE .

There is a button on the remote for Google assistant. Nothing happens when it is pressed. I downloaded the ThinQ app and have paired it to the TV and Google home assistant. I can turn on off the TV via Google and at best turn on Netflix via Google . Just wondering am I missing something else here given the button on the remote doesn't do anything? There is  also a buttonn for opening up Disney plus and that doesn't open up the app. The app button for Netflix and Prime does work. Maybe a first world problem only. Apps for Ireland are not great, would love to be able to download Virgin media player and All Four.
    • By Khamikaze
      Hi Everyone,

OK, so what does it take to have full Chromecast support in LG TVs (webOS)?
      a. Either builtin support.
      b. Via webOS app.

The goal / use is simple as any other Chromecast device / TV: be able to say to "hey Google, play this video/music from service-X to LG-TV".

Looking forward to good news and your thoughts.

Thanks,
    • By rami zapi
      Hi all, i have 2018 LG webOS TV UK6540ptd , my tv and laptop both connected to same wifi. when i try connect my laptop for screen share this message come up to LG TV. 
      request screen sharing to your tv - Decline  unable to connect for screen share
      my laptop is windoes 10   64 bit
      anyone can help me fix this issue.
    • By Moon
      How can I set a custom screen saver? Or a group of pictures/videos to cycle through?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By siddhu
      is  disney+hotstar app  available for LG LF6300 tv  web os version is 04.06.40.??

• By News Reporter
      LG Opens Popular Platform and Integrated Content Services to
      Manufacturers to Deliver Better TV Experience to Even More Consumers

SEOUL, Feb. 24, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the availability of its popular webOS TV platform ecosystem to other TV brand partners, disrupting the status quo in an industry known for its proprietary operating systems across different manufacturers. LG is now expanding its expertise beyond TV manufacturing to encompass webOS TV software platform development and adoption by other TV brands. This has the potential to reshape the TV business for both technology and content providers while significantly growing LG’s presence and prominence in the global home entertainment market.
      As an integral component of LG’s preeminent home entertainment ecosystem, webOS has delivered exceptional ease of use for LG TV owners through its intuitive interface design since 2014. Licensees of webOS TV receive the familiar and highly acclaimed UX design along with a rich pool of features such as voice search and control, integrated AI algorithms and easy connectivity that have earned webOS positive industry and consumer accolades. With LG webOS TV, partners also get a diversity of content options including access to global streaming service apps such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video and sports streaming service DAZN as well as LG Channels, the company’s free premium content streaming service.* Compatible TV models also include the dedicated Magic Motion remote controller.
      Over twenty TV manufacturers from around the world have already committed to the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka with more partners expected to join in the future. The webOS ecosystem is supported by technology partners such as Realtek, Nuance, Gracenote, CEVA and Universal Electronics, among many others.
      “The webOS platform is one of the easiest and most convenient way to access millions of hours of movies and TV shows,” said Park Hyoung-sei, president of the LG Home Entertainment Company. “By welcoming other manufacturers to join the webOS TV ecosystem, we are embarking on a new path that allows many new TV owners to experience the same great UX and features that are available on LG TVs. We look forward to bringing these new customers into the incredible world of webOS TV.”
      # # #
      * Content app availability vary by region.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported