Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:

- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v

- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB

- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

• Like 1

Interesting. Southern hemisphere is at 4.00.13. Northern at 3.23.xx. Why LG?

Do we know the difference between 3.2 and 4.0? Maybe it is just localized features such as "today"? I have no clue as of LG's version policies, but a change in major from 3->4 would in my world suggest a major overhaul, multiple new features etc.

Is there NO way to get a changelog?

/H

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My TV just auto-updated to software version 04.30.08. 

I noticed a lot of cosmetic updates:

* there are now tool tips when hovering over the settings options

* icon updates - my live tv icon is now an antenna (because i use an antenna), i think some other icons have been updated.

* i see an option for screen capture which i havent noticed before

On the downside, i can no longer watch movies through the web browser, such as using plex web. 5 minutes in to the movie the www app is crashing and complaining about not enough memory. :(

Software version 04.30.08

WebOS TV version: 1.3.0-3208(afro-arches)

Canada

47LB6300

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By infiniter
      1. Either go back to a home bar or at least let the users decide what type they see, home bar (like in one in previous series) or home screen, so they can switch
      2. Make home bar/screen user definable in regards of position of app listand sources list, so we don‘t have to scroll down every time we want to start an app.
      3. Put an option to remove the annoying frames in the top part of the home screen.
      4. Use the same size for app and source icons. Why are the app icons so small?
      5. Make source icons renamable. My PS5 is connected to HDMI 4 and I cannot name the port „PS5“. This is one of the most essential things. The TV can also not recognize the PS5 as gaming  console and I would have to do that manually, but since this part of external device control I wouldn‘t do that, because I don‘t want to control the PS5 via my TV, I just want to rename the icon. 
      6. Put an option „Always go directly into full settings menu“. The side list of icons that appears when pressing thr settings button is annoying. The symbols are partially totally unclear and I would have to go down to the one that opens all settings. Too many button presses.
      7. With an app or TV or whatever running and when accessing the home screen, don‘t stop the stream and mute the audio, just put the picture as small PiP overlay on top of the home screen, including audio and continue playing until any app or source is switched.
      8. Put an option to turn off auto-update for apps or at least let the user decide!
      Always let the user decide. This UI is made for the users.
    • By Guy Madison
      Where do I go about reporting issues with webOS? I contacted tech support but their best answer was unplug the TV and plug it back in, well that's not a real fix.
      I worked on Mac OS X for 15 years in the kernel and client layers and I have found a number of issues with webOS along with reproducible restart conditions. Ideally I would like to make it a better OS as it affects me directly as a user... and I tend to own products for a long time.

• By Kanu Tomer
      Hotstar is not available for the lower versions of the tv and there are no updates applied by lg to the firmware.
      My tv is a 2016 model
    • By Stefan Hackh
      The contents of the USB sticks are listed alphabetically. How can I sort it by date of creation?
    • By San Lam
      Why Netflix is not available in LG content store? My LG smart TV model is [LG] webOS TV UM7290PTD and my country region is Cambodia.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Food Network
      I have lg smart tv model lh55959v suddenly its stuck on lg logo no reboot nothing except stuck on logo 
      If it a firmware problem how to solve it !!
    • By Alex
      Open topic for discussion as we learn more with the announcement yesterday of LG Ads River OS tv operating system and how it differentiates with webOS. Is webOS being replaced?  🤨

VS

• By monish009
      We have signage projects, all over GCC. 
      We are facing issue with Webos tv especially on model 49sm5ke-bj. It is losing connectivity overnight, the displays are left switched on at stores. But on the next day it wouldn't be connected to the Internet and hence the contents are getting corrupted. Always we need to restart the display again or exit and start the app again. 
    • By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh