Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Simon, I edited because I realized how did you downgrade and it was not the same way I did. I updated directly to version which I wanted, which was 04.45.25 but you updated to stock then later update you wanted trough USB. I did downgrade my TV but not the way you did and encounter few problems on the way, otherwise I would not post. If you would understood how programs work you would understood my way. And btw your way of downgrade, is not your way, so do not copy and edit update tools filename like _by Simon, because you did not create these programs neither did tutorial. So next time you snatch someones work, think about it.

I updated 55ec930v and no speed improvement what so ever. Now if chromecast gets a signal tv does not change input automatically, same with beta version. I was expecting improvement in speed but menu is still very slow. I hope LG still make improvements and publish better optimated firmwate. This is not even close webos 2.0. Not happy.

EDIT# Chromecast simplink systems started to work, Factiry reset took simplink option off By default. So no problems whatsoever, but still slow UI.

For me so far so good with this update 5.00.04   65LB7500 . Most things are a bit quicker apart from advanced menu that is a bit slower . It may be my imagination but the local dimming might be a bit more accurate on this version compared to 4.65.5 but that could be the placebo thing  :) Its interesting the wide range of issues appearing with this update for some and not for others .

• Like 1

Well I sent an Email to LG in Spain telling them about the issues I have with simplink on 05.00.04 firmware. They responded quickly asking for a video of the problem. So I reinstalled and reset TV. 50 mins in and app closure, interestingly I could not even get to the settings menu it just kept restaring the Live tv app or if error on web browser I couldn't close the webpage, I got a couple off videos and will send today and see what they say. The more they know about the problem might just respond with another update quickly. Will keep you posted

Jon

With 5.00.04 on an LG 55EC930V I have the same problem with Simplink ( HDMI CEC ) in Holland right after the offical update.

After 20-45 minutes Apps keep restarting (especially the "TV app". So when I watch tv an app is restarting and I have no TV picture anymore for a minute. After that the app keeps restarting until I turn off and on the TV.

I discovered that when I turn off Simplink or pull out the HDMI cable or I disable HDMI-CEC in the system menu of my Raspberry Pi2 the problem is not present anymore.

But that would not be a good option because I use LG's remote to control the Raspberry Pi and Pi2. With the former firmware this problem was not there and I was way more happy then.

Overview of the problems with Simplink when a Raspberry Pi is connected via HDMI on the different firmware versions for LG 55EC930V I have used:

04.41.32 : TV is getting slower over time and inoperable after an hour or so. TV is not responding to both remotes anymore at the end until a power off and on of the TV. Turning Simplink Off prevents this from happening, as is disconnecting the HDMI connection with the Pi or turning off HDMI-CEC on the Pi's side.

04.45.04 : Not sure about this version unfortunately.

04.45.25: This firmware works fine with Simplink turned on and a Pi or Pi2 connected and it is the best one in my opinion regarding this problem! One minor issue: The responding speed to commands given via the remote over CEC, before the problems start, is better in version 05.00.04 (the first 20 minutes at least). 

05.00.04: Apps on the TV including watching TV itself are restarting because of a memory shortage after 20-45 minutes! After that restarts occur until the TV is unresponsive completely. After a power off and on of the TV it all starts again! Turning Simplink Off prevents this from happening, as is disconnecting the HDMI connection with the Raspberry Pi or Pi2 or turning off HDMI-CEC on the Pi2's side.

The same problem possibly occurs on LG 55EC9300 (USA) and 55EC930T (Australia) because they seem to be practically the same TV.

Possibly even all other LG televisions with this software version + Simplink turned on while being connected to a Raspberry Pi may have this problem as well.

I reported the issue at LG in Holland today and I am awaiting their answer. 

LG: Please do what is necessary to fix this huge problem for a lot of buyers of LG TVs!

- Take Simplink's good code from 04.45.25 and merge it in to 05.00.04 ! 

- Test it very well! Also with the best selling computer made in the UK: Raspberry Pi + Pi2. And please do not test it for 15 minutes only but check the performance also after an hour and even after 6 hours or so. This problem does not occur on Samsung TV's in combination with a Raspberry Pi's as far as I know.

- Release it as soon as possible!

• Like 1

With 5.00.04 on an LG 55EC930V I have the same problem with Simplink ( HDMI CEC ) in Holland right after the offical update.

After 20-45 minutes Apps keep restarting (especially the "TV app". So when I watch tv an app is restarting and I have no TV picture anymore for a minute. After that the app keeps restarting until I turn off and on the TV.

I discovered that when I turn off Simplink or pull out the HDMI cable or I disable HDMI-CEC in the system menu of my Raspberry Pi2 the problem is not present anymore.

But that would not be a good option because I use LG's remote to control the Raspberry Pi and Pi2. With the former firmware this problem was not there and I was way more happy then.

Overview of the problems with Simplink when a Raspberry Pi is connected via HDMI on the different firmware versions for LG 55EC930V I have used:

04.41.32 : TV is getting slower over time and inoperable after an hour or so. TV is not responding to both remotes anymore at the end until a power off and on of the TV. Turning Simplink Off prevents this from happening, as is disconnecting the HDMI connection with the Pi or turning off HDMI-CEC on the Pi's side.

04.45.04 : Not sure about this version unfortunately.

04.45.25: This firmware works fine with Simplink turned on and a Pi or Pi2 connected and it is the best one in my opinion regarding this problem! One minor issue: The responding speed to commands given via the remote over CEC, before the problems start, is better in version 05.00.04 (the first 20 minutes at least). 

05.00.04: Apps on the TV including watching TV itself are restarting because of a memory shortage after 20-45 minutes! After that restarts occur until the TV is unresponsive completely. After a power off and on of the TV it all starts again! Turning Simplink Off prevents this from happening, as is disconnecting the HDMI connection with the Raspberry Pi or Pi2 or turning off HDMI-CEC on the Pi2's side.

The same problem possibly occurs on LG 55EC9300 (USA) and 55EC930T (Australia) because they seem to be practically the same TV.

Possibly even all other LG televisions with this software version + Simplink turned on while being connected to a Raspberry Pi may have this problem as well.

I reported the issue at LG in Holland today and I am awaiting their answer. 

LG: Please do what is necessary to fix this huge problem for a lot of buyers of LG TVs!

- Take Simplink's good code from 04.45.25 and merge it in to 05.00.04 ! 

- Test it very well! Also with the best selling computer made in the UK: Raspberry Pi + Pi2. And please do not test it for 15 minutes only but check the performance also after an hour and even after 6 hours or so. This problem does not occur on Samsung TV's in combination with a Raspberry Pi's as far as I know.

- Release it as soon as possible!

That  is a great fault description , you have done all of the fault finding for LG , now they should do something about it .

Good luck

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just had a call from LG Spain following my recent contact though their website asking for more info about the hdmi/arc simplink problem and the details of my TV. They are going to inform technincal and advise me of the outcome via Email. Sounds promising, Lg seem to be following up customer problems and taking it seriously. Will update as/If I here from them. Fingers crossed.

Jon

• Like 1

I just got a mail from LG Netherlands about the Simplink issue after the update to 05.00.04. They suggest to reset my settings to factory default (how unexpected). I must try this but I am not happy to completely reconfigure my tv again, That will take a lot of time. And I already read from other persons on fora that it didn't help for them so I am expecting it will be a waste of time and effort. But I need to try. Will keep you posted.

I am not sure if it is possible to save and restore settings. It would be handy in this case but it might copy the errors I have as well because the before and after situation may be the same then.

I intend to stay with official firmwares for the TV but if this 5.00.05 version is brand new I really hope LG is working on it!

There has been a 05.10.02 beta a little longer already. Let's hope for the best!

Hi All,

I have a LG42LB671V-ZB model and I haven't receive the new webos 2.0 update. My current sv is 04.45.25 my region and service country setting are Macedonia. Should I wait for the offical update or there is solution to the problem? 

I have also tried and changed the region and service country settings to UK but it didn't work.

Hi All,

I have a LG42LB671V-ZB model and I haven't receive the new webos 2.0 update. My current sv is 04.45.25 my region and service country setting are Macedonia. Should I wait for the offical update or there is solution to the problem? 

I have also tried and changed the region and service country settings to UK but it didn't work.

You can download and install RC via USB from here(this is NOT official):

link hidden, please login to view

So I did as LG Netherlands told me to do: A factory reset in order to try to solve the Simplink problem but it did not help unfortunately but it wasn't expected either. I made a picture of the (Dutch) error:

30318.jpg

The English version of this message is: " The app will now restart to free up more memory ".

I discovered another problem as well since the update to 5.00.04 ( LG 55EC930 ) (before and after the factory reset): I have a Quantis CI+ 1.3 card as a cable television decoder for Ziggo (dutch tv / Internet provider) with also a "Ziggo on Demand" service and when I start it with the red remote control button it tries to start but it stays black for minutes. Nothing happens further. I can however normally exit this. It is not an LG App but it is served by the CI+ card.

I have reported this as well to LG NL and I am awaiting LG's next step.

LG NL replied and they said: They are working hard on the problem to solve it. When they have a solution they will push it highly likely to the televisions, they say. Furthermore they apologise for the inconvenience and thank for the patience.

This sounds hopefull ! Could it be that version 05.00.05 is a first test version of the fix they're working on?

In the Netherlands the LG website never showed version 5.00.04 for my television so I could not say it is pulled. When an update is available the TV gets it from LG's update servers and not the website right?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

True , Here in New Zealand 5.00.04 showed for a short time on the LG NZ website but was never available over air for auto update. 

Hi all,

I sill have the same problem, my model is LG42LB671V-ZB and I haven't receive the new webos 2.0 update.

Was the sv 04.45.25 last official version? Has some one else had the same problem with not receiving the update? 

Thank you!