Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

ok, found the right version of 5.10.02 - all sorted and updated.

Could you guys try something ?

AMAZON prime, watch a streaming video, then on the tv > select settings , then select advanced settings,  

Within 5-20secs For me, most times - this invokes a APP WILL RESTART to FREE UP MEMORY.

Other times it may just stop the video streaming.

Maybe its my configuration, but if universal will be useful for the developers to know.

Thanks

Gulfstream2000, Very spontaneous problems with memory I have of day, in which I bought my TV, on each firmware, especially when I use web browser. Nothing changed after updates. I think this is a joke from LG.

WTF is atsc - starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk andreluigo? Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic.

Hello balrom.
Beta ~2.0 suitable for your UHD LG is available here:
link hidden, please login to view
 for UB850 - UB980 / UC970.

Today new beta firmware was released version 5.10.02 for LB630-LB870 and EC930

Link is from officialy LG site:

If you don't know what are you doing, please don't flash...It is only on your own risk!!!

I'am flashed today on my 42LB700V-ZG and everything goes fine. Speed and memory improvement...A little bit different fonts style and size..

Also for UHD LG for UB850 - UB980 / UC970

Everything works fine again. 

WTF is atsc - starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk andreluigo? Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic.

Really that nobody gave it?

Could you be more polite instead a big asshole!

Also my tv will not see version 5.10.02, maybe just not compatible on this one.

However disappointingly I am getting 'APP WILL RESTART TO FREE UP MEMORY' while watching streaming video such as from Amazon.

The tv seems doesn't seem to like it when you go into settings say while in an app such as AMAZON or NETFLIX.

Also the delay started to increase slightly becoming jerky when operating a function.

Just done a factory reset and everythings quicker again, cant comment yet on the FREE UP MEMORY ISSUE.

I just hope the release version has these things ironed out. Ive got a couple of the previous generation LG SMART tv, and apart from a duff wifi card the actual OS is faster and more robust.

Just for reference SIMPLINK turned off as is MOTION recognition just in case these are causing problems.

I will try this tonight never had a memory issues my self my model is ub950v I think

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1536-webos-tv-firmware-version/?p=4147

Really that nobody gave it?

Could you be more polite instead a big asshole!

Oh, I'm sorry master, please forgive me, I did not know you were so sensitive...  :huh:

Anyway, none url in your post does not lead to firmware with atsc prefix. In other words: Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic

So maybe now you will be more polite instead a big asshole, and explain to us what you have actually a problem, instead of doing redundant confusion and make people astray.

BTW

This isn't working in my LB6500 with 5.10.01 (starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk). Anyone has any idea?

No...this is only for LB630-LB870   :unsure:

• Like 1

It's a bad idea posting model specific firmware in a generic thread anyway people need todo a little research before throwing beta firmware on there tv

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You're right uklad. Therefore we give names of models for which are these updates.

Hi magdymans. You must do it manually - read my previous post for instructions. 

Here is download link:

*for HD LGLB630 - LB870 / EC930.

*For UHD LG available here:  for UB850 - UB980 / UC970.

Regards

*Updated 24.08.2015

It would be good that users wrote in their posts, in which TVs they have installed these updates and how it works.

You're right uklad. Therefore we give names of models for which are these updates.

It would be good that users wrote in their posts, in which TVs they have installed these updates and how it works.

Installed 5.10.02 on my 42LB650V-ZN and no problems until now.

Tv faster and nicer

• Like 1

Oh, I'm sorry master, please forgive me, I did not know you were so sensitive...  :huh:

Anyway, none url in your post does not lead to firmware with atsc prefix. In other words: Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic

So maybe now you will be more polite instead a big asshole, and explain to us what you have actually a problem, instead of doing redundant confusion and make people astray.

BTW

Ok, your highness of crap... I am sure u know but just for saying, you sound like a shit that consider yourself better than everyone else, but you are just a big jerk...

This isn't working in my LB6500 with 5.10.01 (starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk). Anyone has any idea?

For those who has the same problem (TV doesn't recognize new update) i had, look the prefix dvb or atsc in the name of first update 5.10.01 

dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk and change at the link of second update 5.10.02 with your right prefix dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2502-05.10.02-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

This solved my issue. TV wasn't recognizing the update because was the wrong file. I changed the name on the link and updated!

Ok, your highness of crap... I am sure u know but just for saying, you sound like a shit that consider yourself better than everyone else, but you are just a big jerk...

For those who has the same problem (TV doesn't recognize new update) i had, look the prefix dvb or atsc in the name of first update 5.10.01 

dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk and change at the link of second update 5.10.02 with your right prefix dvb-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2502-05.10.02-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

This solved my issue. TV wasn't recognizing the update because was the wrong file. I changed the name on the link and updated!

To make it clear, that sounds like shit, boy:

That is because you guys are downloading the wrong version. Look at 5.10.01 what is the prefix (atsc or dvb) replace at the download url and be happy.

You write to all users about the problem, which relates to TV like your LB6500, not LB630 - LB870 / EC930 or UB850 - UB980 / UC970, but I am an big asshole...

That's real nice shit.  :huh: I think you should go back to htforum, from where you downloaded your atsc-prefix-problem. Here the cultural level is too high for your possibilities... EOT

On 8/30/2015 at 1:45 PM, SIMON said:

To make it clear, that sounds like shit, boy:

You write to all users about the problem, which relates to TV like your LB6500, not LB630 - LB870 / EC930 or UB850 - UB980 / UC970, but I am an big asshole...

That's real nice shit.  :huh: I think you should go back to htforum, from where you downloaded your atsc-prefix-problem. Here the cultural level is too high for your possibilities... EOT

Oh yeah... Because you are better than everyone else... Because you are god... Because this forum is yours... Oohhhh, just that not!
Finishing this
Edited by Alex
Removed profanity

ok, after further viewing on ver .02 I've realised I have also lost youtube.  :(

taking my own advice I looked in the lg store but no youtube app. in fact none of the streaming apps are in the store, eg iplayer,Netflix,amazon.

So anyone know, are these part of the OS itself rather than separate apps ?

Regarding the memory error it seems to manifest itself after you've been watching a stream for a while ( maybe 45 mins + , also via the settings sequence I outlined earlier) then it will continue to happen every 60s or so until you turn the tv off then on again. Tried with direct Ethernet still the same so its not the wifi router.

ok, after further viewing on ver .02 I've realised I have also lost youtube. :(

taking my own advice I looked in the lg store but no youtube app. in fact none of the streaming apps are in the store, eg iplayer,Netflix,amazon.

So anyone know, are these part of the OS itself rather than separate apps ?

Regarding the memory error it seems to manifest itself after you've been watching a stream for a while ( maybe 45 mins + , also via the settings sequence I outlined earlier) then it will continue to happen every 60s or so until you turn the tv off then on again. Tried with direct Ethernet still the same so its not the wifi router.

i have no such problem on my tv.

I have YouTube, Netflix, Smartshare and all of them working without problems for hours.

Did you do a config reset when upgrading? Which region have you set up?

Enviado desde mi Moto G 2014 mediante Tapatalk

Hi all, 1st time here.

Recently I bought 4 LG TVs with WebOS. One 55LB6500, one 47LB6500 and two 40LF6350 for my kids.

The 40LF6350 arrived last week, and I was really upset because both came with the standard remote (not the magic), and an old WebOS version. Today (few hours ago) I was configuring one of them and found one update available. Updated and now I´ve got WebOS 2.2.0-114 (beehive-biscayne). What´s this version? Found nothing in the web. Could not even test it! 

I look for updates for the LB6500 and there´s nothing. Both are WebOS 1.1 :(

Regards,

i have no such problem on my tv.

I have YouTube, Netflix, Smartshare and all of them working without problems for hours.

Did you do a config reset when upgrading? Which region have you set up?

Enviado desde mi Moto G 2014 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for feedback.     Was this using OS 5.10.02 ?

Yes factory reset done after new firmware.

However you may have a point on the region. Its UK. maybe this has a bearing on whats installed.

When I upgrade firmware on new version and do factory reset, will I loose apps downloaded from other region. For example, I downloaded SmartIPTV from Germany region and changed back to my, because there is no mentioned app in my region. Will I loose this app after factory reset for new firmware ?

Sent from my SHV-E160L using Tapatalk

I have same version in Deutschland TV LG 42LB650V-ZN

well, out of curiosity I changed the region to spain ( just anything different from the uk ) and guess what, I now have youtube back in my list

and a number of apps I don't recognise.

so I wonder if setting the region purely dictates what apps you can see ?

Anyway, EIFollaco - thanks for your input, since I at least now have youtube back !

So after a couple of days testing I've still have app closure problem it exists with or without simplink. Turn off TV and restart again all ok for another 45 - 60 minutes

Tried the downgrade option but dont know the correct path from the tv to the software on my non NAS PC. Any ideas how to point to my pc? From the file saved in the. Lg_tv_udater file here:-

Looking like I'll have to wait for the official update.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers Jon