Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

I am almost certain that this is not the reason, considering that i already have the 5.10.01 version!

You're absolutely right. I think you must wait for next update for your TV.

So am I right in thinking the LG630-LG870 quote is for all models between this range. I have the LB731V-ZE and I'm a little nervous of installing beta software.

Cheers Jon

Right Jon.

BTW LB not LG.  ;)

Guys i checked on official site of India region beta firmware is not available for LG 42 LB750T

Since beta version isn't official version?  :P

Hello everyone .

if I upgrade to fw 05.10.02 I'll see Cyrillic characters?

I will check, wait a minute...

Updt: Everything looks right with cyrillic.

Well Simon you were right. Easy 2 mins work. Put the software on the stick then restarted TV. Installed and working but the Misses wants to watch tv now, so unable to play but input changing seems quicker.

Thanks for the info

Jon

(Edit) just seen ive updated to 5,10,01 will have to find time to upadate to 5,10,02

Yes, 05.10.02 was released yesterday. Cosmetic changes compared to 05.10.01, nothing special.

Tried to update 5,10,02 but not recognised when usb pluged in. Strange.

I made the LG_DTV folder put the software in and pluged into TV.

Smart share opens with dtv folder showing.

Also App closed to free up memory every 5-10 mins.

O man I'll hve to downgrade later. ;(

Tried to update 5,10,02 but not recognised when usb pluged in. Strange.

I made the LG_DTV folder put the software in and pluged into TV.

Smart share opens with dtv folder showing.

Also App closed to free up memory every 5-10 mins.

O man I'll hve to downgrade later. ;(

Bad news, Jon. :/

Which applications do you mean? Have you tried to restore factory settings?

Bad news, Jon. :/

Which applications do you mean? Have you tried to restore factory settings?

Updated my 50LB650 to version 5.10.02 yesterday and the dreaded "out of memory" force close reappeared when watching a HDMI output and using simplink. Roled back to 04.45.25 and all is well again.

Not tried the reset yet. Out for the day so maybe before anything else I'll try that.

App restart seems to be worse after changing apps and changing channels. If you only use the input that opens when the tv first turned on then there seems less problems. Will see tommorrow if I get chance to try a reset.

Not tried the reset yet. Out for the day so maybe before anything else I'll try that.

App restart seems to be worse after changing apps and changing channels. If you only use the input that opens when the tv first turned on then there seems less problems. Will see tommorrow if I get chance to try a reset.

That is pretty much how I use mine. TBH I didn't buy it for the smart features just the nice large screen and 3D capability. I use a Virgin Media TiVo for my TV so it just gets turned on straight to HDMI 2 and gets left like that with the only input being volume changes. That said I still get app closure errors on 5.10.02 and did on versions previous to 04.45.25. It's all down to ARC I have setup using SIMPLINK on HDMI 1. Turn SIMPLINK off and no problems anymore but like I said for the time being I am sticking with the working version.

That's wierd. My TV is displaying čćđšž in EPG without any problems. Do you have any channels with multiple subtitle languages? Can you switch between them?

Yes, wired. Serbian chanal not display our character, but Croatian and Slovenian chanal display utf8 character.

Hi,

Enthusiastic users installed 05.10.x, I am curious to know what is the WebOS version displayed under about TV menu ?

I have installed on my 42LB650V and everything is working properly. All menus works much faster and smoother than in all previous versions. Finally, after many earlier updates, webOS in my LG became useful. Do not install 4.65.50 or older, it does not make sense. 05.10.01 is the one for which we waited for so long. Just install it and have fun with your LG. ;)

O2LoH9P.png

Regards,

SIMON

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Enthusiastic users installed 05.10.x, I am curious to know what is the WebOS version displayed under about TV menu ?

Hello Jai

Model - 42LB650V-ZN

Software version - 05.10.02

webOS TV Version - 1.4.0-2502 (afro-ashley)

BTW My enthusiasm stems from fact that before upgrading to 05.10.01, my TV from novelty was useless, every day more and more irritated, I was tempted to throw it away or sell. Now, after many months, TV really works as it should when I bought it. And I don't have any problems after this update.

I have also lb650v it's a new life for this model. Still its not perfect but very big upgrade.

Why there is no APP for facebook, google photos, google drive, the app for spotify is useless because we have to pay to use it.

Because Facebook didn't support WebOS and the app were discontinued and Google haven't released (and I think that never will release) new Google Apps for WebOS. 

I also installed 05.10.02. All seams work fine except simplink... Last official version fixed simplink issue already, so I hope next beta will fix it as well...

I aslo don't know why Spotify was removed form beta version?, hope this will be avalaible again later..

Well tried a reset on my LB731V after installing 05.10.01 and its was working for a while with simplink turned off. Then used apps and menus and appeared the app/memory close Problems. Might go for a downgrade when time. Seems ok with hdmi Raspberry pi only. Will wait and see before a downgrade. How long will be for a full version, any ideas anyone?

Also anyone know where the webpage for these downloads I can't seem to access the page directly always ask for user/password.

Still unable to update to 05,10,02. Usb not recognised.

Cheers Jon

Hi guys

I watch this blog for a while and notes with pleasure that the topic is debated so intensely.

I am the owner of a LG 42lb731v in Romania, acquired in May 2015 and by day worked with software (04.30.16) properly (DLNA, MHL, WIDI, USB stick, WEB).

I was prepare a USB stick with the update (05.10.02) for the try, but my wife accidentally run it (he thought I had a movie on it) and here I am with the update I did not wanted right now.

It seems to work OK with this update, for now (no more memory error), but no longer accept my password to wirless so I connect it only with LAN.

If some one have Software_File(Version_04.30.16).zip please put a link maybe I will need it.

Here is the link to downgrade page :

link hidden, please login to view

If I can help I will, so please be specific.

with regards

Mihai

Also my tv will not see version 5.10.02, maybe just not compatible on this one.

However disappointingly I am getting 'APP WILL RESTART TO FREE UP MEMORY' while watching streaming video such as from Amazon.

The tv seems doesn't seem to like it when you go into settings say while in an app such as AMAZON or NETFLIX.

Also the delay started to increase slightly becoming jerky when operating a function.

Just done a factory reset and everythings quicker again, cant comment yet on the FREE UP MEMORY ISSUE.

I just hope the release version has these things ironed out.  Ive got a couple of the previous generation LG SMART tv, and apart from a duff wifi card the actual OS is faster and more robust.

Just for reference SIMPLINK turned off as is MOTION recognition just in case these are causing problems.

ok, found the right version of 5.10.02 - all sorted and updated.

Could you guys try something ?

AMAZON prime, watch a streaming video, then on the tv > select settings , then select advanced settings,  

Within 5-20secs For me, most times - this invokes a APP WILL RESTART to FREE UP MEMORY.

Other times it may just stop the video streaming.

Maybe its my configuration, but if universal will be useful for the developers to know.

Thanks

That is because you guys are downloading the wrong version. Look at 5.10.01 what is the prefix (atsc or dvb) replace at the download url and be happy.

WTF is atsc - starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk andreluigo? Nobody gave a url to this firmware on this topic.

How do all, I've a LG webOS TV (Version 1.3.3-3866[afro-arches]  -   TV  model:  49UB850V-ZD.

This afternoon i updated the software version to 04.55.55 (from 04.55.40).

Reason for update - wanted the Spotify App installed but couldnt find prior to the software update.

(Now if i could just cast from a google chrome tab  :blink:  )