Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

LG webOS Firmware Update

UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE

The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.

Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.

HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE?

Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month.

HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES?

Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates.

Use this diagram if you need help getting set up:

nonsmart3dtv_article_updatefirmware_11.g

ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:

• Press the MENU
  • Click SYSTEM SETTINGS
  • Then ABOUT
  • Then SYSTEM UPDATES
  • You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically.

FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.

• Like 1

I bought the LG 50UH5500 Smart WebOS TV few months back and it was working fine and I was happy with it. We dont have cable at home and mainly use apps like amazon prime or youtube on our tv - in other words rely on internet connection for using the TV. We have centurylink as internet provider and supposed to get 40 Mbps connection - however a lot of the time the internet speed is poor to be frank. So I had switched from using wifi on my tv and instead plugged ethernet cable onto the TV and all was working fine until two days back when suddenly none of the apps like youtube would open up- no error codes or anything just wouldnt open up.

Attempt to check for automatic software update would also not work.Attempt to reset to initial factory settings also would not work. Spoke to customer service , manually downloaded,unzipped the latest software onto usb drive and then plugged in the tv which would not give me an option to install the exe file in the usb drive.

1) Finally frustrated- pulled the powercable of the TV and the internet modem from the socket and replugged them in. Then apps finally started to launch back !!

Spoke to customer service why manual update wouldnt work and they helped resolve it. These are the takeaways:

1) Delete everything in the usb drive. After unzip/extracting the exe file, create a new folder with name 'LG_DTV' and put the exe file in that Then plug it in to TV and then TV finally gave me an option to install it.

2) Dont connect both ethernet and wifi to TV as it could cause internal conflicts within the TV.

3) Ensure you have a fast reliable internet-perhaps I will upgrade my 40MBPS connection to something better. This can also cause some apps to not work.

Posting it here since LG customer service is not available during weekends and I was stuck with this problem for the weekend. Sharing so others wont have to go through the same problem.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2017 at 6:23 PM, Alex said:

UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE

The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.

Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.

HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE?

Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month.

HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES?

Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates.

Use this diagram if you need help getting set up:

nonsmart3dtv_article_updatefirmware_11.g

ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:

• Press the MENU
  • Click SYSTEM SETTINGS
  • Then ABOUT
  • Then SYSTEM UPDATES
  • You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically.

FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.

It took about 45 minutes for the latest update with a Wi-Fi HS Internet connection.

11 NOV 2020

US

LG 50UK6500AUA

WEB OS 4.2.0-8404 (goldilocks-gomolsha)

(TV FIRMWARE 05.20.04)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By siddhant choudhary
      The recently released version of hotstar app for smart tv's is not up to the mark. You can not select the video quality nor can you turn on the subtitles option coz that option does not exists.can any one tell me if its just with my version or if its everyones headache?
    • By Des Battersby
      My TV is a LG webOS TV UJ634V mobile. Can this TV be set up for both headphones and speakers to work at the same time 
    • By Apulat
      Merhaba arkadaşlar,
      55LB670V-ZA smart Tv mevcut, Tv açılışta LG logosu bekleme bekleme süresi uzadı. Bazen takılı da kalıyor, TV'yi kapatıp açınca düzeliyor. Bazı formlarda Yazılım güncellemesi yapılması gerekli olduğu belirtilmiş, LG nin kendi işletim ve TV de olan son yazılımı 05.05.70 mevcut webOS 1.4.0-2532 (afro-ashley) mevcut. Yeni firmware ve webOS sürüm nereden bulabilir ve yükleyebilirim. Yardımcı olursanız çok sevinirim.
      Teşekkürler
      Türkiye / İstanbul
      ------------------------------
      Hello friends,
      55LB670V-ZA smart TV is available, the waiting time on the LG logo screen at the TV startup has been extended. Sometimes it gets stuck, it gets better when the TV is turned off and on. In some forms, it has been stated that it is necessary to update the software, LG's own page and the latest software 05.05.70 available on the TV is webOS 1.4.0-2532 (afro-ashley). Where can I find and install the new firmware and webOS version. I would be glad if you help.
      Thank you
      Turkey, Istanbul

• By Sushmita banerjee
      How to download Google play store in LG smart TV 32LH576D
    • By jianglai
      I bought a 77-inch GX at the end of December last year. The TV came about a week later and I paid for professionally installation because it needs to be wall mounted. I used it for about a week and it is dead -- it won't turn on and pressing the power button would just cause the screen to flash white and made a clicking sound.
      I bought the TV on Amazon through a third party vendor, so I contacted them on Amazon to have it exchanged. They told me no can do because I don't have the packaging any more. I am a bit upset because who keeps a 77-inch TV's box in an NYC apartment after making sure it works for a few days. They said if they were to take it back I'll have to pay $600 restocking fee.
      I thought that's not the end of the world because the TV is clearly under warranty. So I contacted LG. LG contracted some local technician to come and replace the logic board a week later -- there was a delay in shipping the board, so I had to wait for a week.
      The tech came, replaced the board, but still no luck. He thought the problem was with the power assembly unit with where all the capacitors are. He took a photo, sent it to his people, and told me that the parts are backordered so I'll need to wait for up to 2 weeks. If I don't hear from them in 2 weeks, call them and they'll submit a request to LG to replace the unit.
      Obviously I was upset because I've now paid more than $4k to have a giant slab of dead screen sitting on my couch -- it needed to be unmounted for the repair. I'll probably have to pay someone to help me mount it when it is fixed. So I contacted the vendor again and vented all the problems. They said they want to do good by me and they are one of the biggest vendors for LG on the east coast so they had some pull. They asked for my case number and said they'll escalate with LG.
      One week passed and they still haven't heard anything back from LG. I tried calling LG and I've must spent more than 3 hours on the phone with them at this point. I spoke to like 6 or 7 different people from different department, and was able to have them create a refund/exchange case for me because they told me the parts won’t be ready till March. After I uploaded the receipt, I called again but now I'm being told all sorts of conflicting information.
      All of them told me that it'll take another 7 business days for my case to be reviewed. At this point I'd be without a TV for more than 3 weeks. After that they don't know what's gonna happen. I've been told:
      I'll buy a box from Home Depot or whatnot and LG will reimburse me the money, and then I ship the TV back.
      LG will ship me a box to ship the TV back.
      Because I bought it on Amazon from this vendor, they cannot do exchange so the best they can do is a refund. This is kind of ridiculous because if it depends on the vendor I'd try to work with the vendor.
      They have a procedure to return the TV without its original packaging, but they can't tell me what it is until my case is approved.
      I even asked if I can buy the same TV from a different vendor (the vendor that I originally bought from have the TV on backorder), use it in the meantime, and return the broken TV in the new TV's box. And the rep doesn't know if that'll work. I was a bit mad at this point because a box from Home Depot would work but a box for the same model from a different vendor wouldn't?
      It'll take 7 business days to approve, and after that up to 7 weeks for full resolution, whatever that means. I guess that means me receiving a replacement or a refund?
      I do like this TV (when it works), and I really don't want to return it and deal with the damages on my wall. But it looks like all signs point to me not able to get even my money back for another month or so, not to mention to get a exchange. I sometimes say to myself maybe I should just wait it out and buy the G1. Also the price of GX dropped like $300 between when I bought it and now, so I basically spent $300 more for one week of watching and countless hours of complaining on the phone.
      The vendor says they are still working with their LG contact but honestly I'm not hopeful. Not that I don't trust the vendor, but given my experience with LG, they don't seem to know what they are doing and they definitely don't know what is a good customer experience.
      I guess the moral of the story is, keep your TV box as long as you can...
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      LG's webOS 6.0 smart TVs have a new UI, NFC-equipped remote
      The new smart TV software from LG also has more voice commands for use with Alexa or Google Assistant

Seven years after introducing webOS as the platform for its Smart TV lineup, LG is introducing version 6.0 with a new look and feel for its 2021 4K and 8K TVs. The old blade lineup of apps is gone, with a more modern tile-based layout. LG Home Entertainment president Park Hyoung-sei calls this “the most significant update since we first introduced webOS in 2014.”

An upgraded version of its ThinQ AI has more voice command control than ever whether you’re using Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. For traditional control, this year’s edition of its Magic Remote is a bit more standard than some of the previous versions, but also includes NFC for the first time, which allows users to share content from phone to TV (and back) simply by tapping it.
      The new software includes Magic Explorer, which can pull up related content about actors, locations and items of interest for “select broadcast channels, while Next Picks analyzes viewing preferences to suggest things you might like. There’s no word on opt-in or opt-out preferences for these settings, but we’ll ask about them as the show progresses next week. It’s also unclear whether the updates will extend to older TVs in LG’s lineup, one way or another, the old HP software platform is still rolling on, powering new OLEDs and LCDs for another year.
      News source: 
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By Tobin
      Hello I have a 2020 LG oled 65 inch tv and I am connected to internet via wifi. I checked connections and they are all good and working. I have standard apps that came with TV installed Netflix, Disney plus ect. And now TV is saying they both need to be updated to have access to those apps. Everytime I go to update and click on update it says the app is not installed so it won't update when I look to make sure app is installed it shows they are.
      I am confused on what's going on and how to update these apps and get access to them again. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated thx

Tobin 
    • By michaelbr
      How can I update firmware of this TV? I can't find firmware update anywhere!
    • By michaelbr
      Is it possible to install/add different browser in webOS? The default browser that came with TV has some issues (playing videos in Youtube, in full screen mode, just kept refreshing, in other modes plays find, other online streaming seems not working as well). In PC those sites worked just fine, without any problem.