Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Just an update: I've received a straight answer from LG support, that there wil be no WebOS 2.0 via Update for the 2014 models, and generally for models running older WebOS... (well, who knows if that's really true for all those models, because of the other official press statements saying otherwise -for higher models/series).

Anyhow, I'm no longer concerned ... decided to rather go with Panasonic TX-48AX630 (and I'm absolutely happy with it). Bye

I have different news about webOS 2.0  :P

link hidden, please login to view

• Download Software_File(Version_04.51.49).zip and unzip to HDD/SSD

Format usb flash drive in FAT32

Create folder LG_DTV on your usb flash drive (LG_DTV with _ )

Copy starfish-atsc-secured-goldfinger-38.arches-3849-04.51.49-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk file into folder LG_DTV

Safely remove usb flash drive from PC

Connect usb flash drive to your TV USB port (any free port)

Wait message for update and confirm with remote controller

After sucessfuly update, reboot your TV (switch off/on)

Go to Settings and Reset to initial factory settings

Set your TV 

Enjoy :rolleyes:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

• 2 weeks later...

04.45.25 42LB630 I have problem after update. TV random reboot when i change program.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

i have same problem with my.LG 47LB650V with last two firmware updtes. changing chanel od exting apps tv reboots

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have a Spanish 32lb650v-zn model

The last version I found about a month ago was via auto update location UK it was

4.45.25 and webOS was 1.3.3.3251 (Afro-arches)

Today after trying lots of things I found a new version

4.65.05 and webOS 1.3.3.3253

It auto downloaded from South Africa

Started up good and so far no,problems

I confirm the update is available for download from South Africa.

Just installed (automatically) on LB650v, with no problems thanks for the tip davidisom.

For now I can't notice any changes.

The speed seems the same, maybe a little fast showing of the launcher. The setting still have to load for the first time.

The version is 4.65.05.

I confirm the update is available for download from South Africa.

Just installed (automatically) on LB650v, with no problems thanks for the tip davidisom.

For now I can't notice any changes.

The speed seems the same, maybe a little fast showing of the launcher. The setting still have to load for the first time.

The version is 4.65.05.

Update you are correct I typed version number wrong it is 04.65.05 as you say.

Sorry you did not notice speed improvement mine has been quite dramatic. Whether the factory reset makes a difference maybe ?

Spanish bought 42LB731V-ZE changed from UK to South Africa checked manualy for update and updated from 04.45.25 / 1.3.3-3521 to 04.65.05 / 1.3.3-3953, updated just fine. Once again the menus seem a bit snappier only played with it for an hour or so. Looking good to me. Keep em coming LG. I'm liking thos tv more now. Lets see how it pans out over time. Fingers crossed.

Jon T

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Magdymans,

Had a quick look at the link on my phone, then I realised it was a dowload link for the firmware (haha) just used the last of my data allowance 690 mb. lol

Teach me to read more carefully.

Might not risk the usb update just yet. I'll wait to download from tv

Thanks anyway,

Jon