Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

I dont believe the memory error is due to the size of the memory. Its how its managed. Most people seem to find intermittent watching time before the error occurrs and i know myself, sometimes its been every few minutes other times its gone all evening with no errors.

If the physical memory size was not sufficient then basically it would never work !

I think its a poor show of LG with webos1.x  How it could be worse than a previous tech generation is disgraceful.

The only saving grace is they have improved the firmware with these latest versions, and without wishing to tempt fate 5.00.20 looks good.

• Like 1

I have the 05.00.15 firmware installed now and have only had the out of memory close after a 30-40 minutes whilst using web browser. I got side tracked doing somthing else and the browser was left open for 25-30 minutes on the same page, when I returned and started using it again that's when the app closed and restarted the browser I used for a further 10-15 minutes with no problem.

I've had no problems with the simplink activated and watch a couple of films through my Raspberry pi2.

Might even go for a 05.00.20 next.

Jon.

gulfstream2000:

I am sorry to contradict you , but if you're so convinced , see the ' image below

hi feraug, no problem :) - i am not an IT expert just my opinion.

however in this case are we not actually saying the same thing ?

so no matter what architecture the firmware is using, so in your picture - risc, should the firmware not work within its limitations ?

if we had larger physical memory would that not just be hiding  potential dynamic memory issue ?

or am i missing something ?

New *TEST* firmware version 05.00.20 for LB630-LB870, EC930 (Europe)

I've a LB650, everything seems smooth, except for DVB-T2. My TV crashes while watching DVB-T2 channels. It crashes so fast that it is difficult to change the channel to a DVB-T(1) one.

EDIT: I just figured: DVB-T2 *video* support is only enabled in the beta versions. I reverted back to the latest stable version for my TV as of now. 

I will be waiting for them to confirm I can revert to a previous version before I try it. Mind you, the fact that an official update has not happened anywhere else yet makes me a bit doubtful we will actually see anything today.

I have seen members here successfully going back to previous versions but the process seems rather involved . But who knows with the new firmware if that will still be an option .

I reverted my FW back from 05.00.20 to the latest stable on the website, 04.45.25 in my case, recently.

Whether it is difficult or not depends. I used 

link hidden, please login to view
and it was quite ok. If you're on Windows you may have luck with the "LgDTVUpDater" which claims to be a one stop solution (untested by me, the manual seemed rather complicated).

HTH

• Like 1

I reverted my FW back from 05.00.20 to the latest stable on the website, 04.45.25 in my case, recently.

Whether it is difficult or not depends. I used 

and it was quite ok. If you're on Windows you may have luck with the "LgDTVUpDater" which claims to be a one stop solution (untested by me, the manual seemed rather complicated).

HTH

Hi , what problems were you having with the 05.00.20 version

Hello,

42LB671V updated to 05.00.04 and now there is a problem in Smart Share section becouse TV cant play mkv files from usb stick anymore.

Never had this issue before on older fw-s. This problem has occurred after resetting to factory settings. It was not present right away after OTA update to this fw.

Any idea how to fix this?

Hello,

A firmware version 05.00.20 for LB630-LB870, EC930 (Europe)

includes the following models:for UB850 - UB980 / UC970 ?????     to date , we are Version: 05.10.02 

My models : 60UB850V, 

thanks for your answer

This is NOT for UB models! Just LB630-LB870, EC930!

Here you can find TEST/BETA firmwares 05.00.25 for UB850-UB980, UC970:

(EUROPE)

(CN, HK)

(CO, TW)

(AUS, NZ)

There is no possibilities to downgrade from Test/Beta to Official firmware, but you can downgrade with un-official tool :)

• Like 2

Hello,

A firmware version 05.00.20 for LB630-LB870, EC930 (Europe)

includes the following models:for UB850 - UB980 / UC970 ????? to date , we are Version: 05.10.02

My models : 60UB850V,

thanks for your answer

any update for my LG 42LB6520-TB 3D tv model?

Currently on ver. 4.65.05 & country (b/cast & service both) set to S. Africa

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk