Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Hello Frederic,

Official update for your TV does not exist.

Hello Simon !

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any unofficial/beta firmware out there ?

I've got plenty of bugs with my TV set, including the Netflix app which doesn't work properly and menu micro-freeze/remote loss. Resetting the TV to factory doesn't solve the issue.

I was wondering if reinstalling a new firmware may help...

Thanks!

Fred

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes it's possible! I did it on my LG smart tv 49uf852v some day ago! But you should tell us what model of tv you have and firmware version!

You must download last firmware on LG website for your tv! Unzip it and you put the file that you obtain (.epk) into a folder (that you must create in the pendrive) called LG_DTV. PUT pen drive into usb port in your tv and you should see a pop up that require you an update! Confirm it and await for the finish of update! IF pop-up doesn't appear check Update manually in setting- general -info tv

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I am a new happy owner of a 65EF950V. I live in France.

My TV had the firmware 3.01.01, but there was an update yesterday, and it is now the version 4.20.50.

I tried to look for a change log everywhere on the web in order to know what are the changes comparerd to the prvious version, but unsuccessfully.

That is why I call upom your help. :)

Please, do you know where to find information about the content of the WebOS 2.0 firmware updates and where to find new firmwares for downloading?

Thank you!

Hello I am looking to buy the 49uf850v , but the lack of Freesat is holding me back as I am in a bad aerial signal region.

Supposedly LG will be updating all current sets that support satellite to Freesat with a firmware upgrade.

Does anyone know if these new firmware release this week include Freesat support or could check please?

No information about change logs for LG devices, or we don't know how to find ;)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Finally, someone gave me the below web site where you can find the firmaware and the change logs:

link hidden, please login to view

It is in Korean, but with Google/Chrome, you can easily translate.

Unfortunately the change logs are not very detailled.

Best regards.

• Like 2

Hi,

Finally, someone gave me the below web site where you can find the firmaware and the change logs:

It is in Korean but with Google/Chrome, you can easily translate.

Best regards.

Thanks for this tip!

I found this over there: (it is translated from Korean to English by Google)

The software is probably in Korean as well.

Version 05.00.35 Apply model (44)

NB.AKRWLH-42LB650042LB6500.AKR42LB6560-NA.AKRWLHclose

42LB6560.AKR42LB6580-NA.AKRWLH42LB6580.AKR47LB6500-NB.AKRWLH47LB6500.AKR47LB6560-NA.AKRWLH47LB6700-NB.AKRWLH47LB6700.AKR47LB6780-NA.AKRWLH47LB6780.AKR47LB6800-NC.AKRWLH47LB6800.AKR47LB7300-NA.AKRWLH47LB7300.AKR47LB7500-NE.AKRWLH47LB7500.AKR50LB6700-NB.AKRWLH50LB6700.AKR50LB6780-NA.AKRWLH50LB6780.AKR50LB6800-NC.AKRWLH50LB6800.AKR55EC9300-NA.AKRVLH55EC9300-NA.AKRWLH55EC9300-NA.AKRZLH55EC9300.AKR55EC9310-NB.AKRVLH55EC9310-NB.AKRWLH55EC9310-NB.AKRZLH55EC9310.AKR55LB6700-NB.AKRWLH55LB6800-NC.AKRWLH55LB6800.AKR55LB7300-NA.AKRWLH55LB7300.AKR55LB7500-NE.AKRWLH55LB7500.AKR65LB7100-NA.AKRWLH65LB7100.AKR70LB7570-NA.AKRMLH70LB7570.AKR

WebOS1.0 (M14_05.00.35) .zip (650 megabytes (MB))

Hi, released in 2014 Cinema 3D Smart TV final S / W will be shared.

1. Applicable model

- 60/55/50/47 / 42LB6580

- 55/50 / 47LB6780

- 55/50 / 47LB6800

- 65LB7100

- 55 / 47LB7500

- 70LB7570 2. Final Ver - 05.00.35

Changes> Im currently a final

SW> LG Store

Open> Setting Removes duplicate

menu> AC Off / on problems back to the First

Use> EPG scheduled recordings USB stick storage

issues> STB-free function corresponding (C & M, Tbroad cable broadcasters

correspondence)> Primary Function Response and U +, SKB MVPD

respond> Repeat Recording / specific CH reception should not issue

corresponding> Fixed a problem with playback of specific video Slow Video

Response> HDCP 2.2

corresponding> Win7 notebook with WiDi 32 characters on the TV when connected Connections should not issue improved

settings> Web Browser modified to support my image

file> 2D to improve upon the video Broken switch from

3D> Movie Subtitles Auto (Unicode UTF-8 / UTF-16)

auto> TV after rebooting in Win7 PC WiDi Not

connected> Schedule Recording Schedule recording devised during the next scheduled day schedule set in question

(4.45.30)> HDMI external ilbyeok List appears to improve problems

(04.45.35)> USB Contents playback, Out Of Memory pop-up

output> Value Pack Upgrade ( webOS2.0 1.0 also applies to the corresponding

UX)> C & M STB Less VOD CH free images corresponding improvement> STB simple link to the On state when OOM (Out Of Memory) PoP up generating corresponding improvements> Voice-related bug fixes

• Like 1

Hi,

It is in Korean, but with Google/Chrome, you can easily translate.

Best regards.

Unfortunately javascript link download doesn't open.

By the way, anybody still with 5.10.02 beta version? Would be worthy to 5.00.35 final from this?

My 55LB650V did that update a couple of days back, to 5.00.20 - as far as my limited capabilities with technology can see, its exactly the same.  I'm guessing whatever this update did it fixed some stuff that was previously crap.... the UI looks pretty much the same - the speed is however better these days following this and the last update.  LG seemingly don't give a crap about their customers as we've all griped about before, the absence of change logs in a language more people can actually read (who is fluent in Korean besides Korean people?) - is just another example.  Down here in little backwater New Zealand, the LG store is bollocks, over-run with crap no one would want but actual useful apps aren't available.  They (LG and broadcasters) have been busy tweaking about with the Smart services here given Freeview Plus, which has been rather more miss and hit as well.  Given the anticipated shelf life of a TV these days (2/3 years?) I'm guessing my next TV will be a Sony or a Samsung.... it will almost certainly NOT be an LG not because they are rubbish in and of themselves, but because as a company LG just suck a lot.

I am in NZ also and cannot see any difference in the latest firmware , I was hoping they may have fixed the Free view guide issues I am having but apparently that will be in the next update . There does seem to be a lack of knowledge and support from LG when it comes to this country having said that the responses you get from the LG NZ Facebook site are usually prompt and helpful . I have had Samsung TVs in the past and cant say they were any better for support .

Did anybody notice sharpness function changed for the worse?

With the 5.00 and newer firmware thes changed something and I can not get picture to be good as before upgrading..

When you apply sharpess to 40 or 50 picture gets very bad. Before it was very clear and now it is just strange. You can see the all the dots and it looks as if the source is bad, but I am talking about remuxes of bluray.

Anybody noticed something similar?

Did anybody notice sharpness function changed for the worse?

With the 5.00 and newer firmware thes changed something and I can not get picture to be good as before upgrading..

When you apply sharpess to 40 or 50 picture gets very bad. Before it was very clear and now it is just strange. You can see the all the dots and it looks as if the source is bad, but I am talking about remuxes of bluray.

Anybody noticed something similar?

I cant say I have seen any difference but I was thinking that DTV broadcast use to look clearer on one of the previous firmware's but that could be my imagination .

I gotta say I've always thought for an LED/LCD TV the picture when you get up closer is very pixelated indeed, when using my mac via hdmi the picture is decidedly grainy no matter what settings I use on the mac or the TV.  I don't really watch any broadcast TV so I can't say i've noticed a difference/lowering of the picture quality there.  @LGSAM, I agree, the NZLG Facebook site is the only place one does seem to get a response, it's a pity their actual support people aren't as good as their social media people.

I gotta say I've always thought for an LED/LCD TV the picture when you get up closer is very pixelated indeed, when using my mac via hdmi the picture is decidedly grainy no matter what settings I use on the mac or the TV.  I don't really watch any broadcast TV so I can't say i've noticed a difference/lowering of the picture quality there.  @LGSAM, I agree, the NZLG Facebook site is the only place one does seem to get a response, it's a pity their actual support people aren't as good as their social media people.

Yeah I think they believe they can treat us the same as the Australians but unfortunatly we have differences with our DTV broadcast so you cannot use the one size fits all approach software wise .

Indeed, demonstrated by the WebOS2.x lite version for 2014 models, it was delayed here because they evidently had to do some rejigging to work with the NZ Freeview/Plus set up.  The recent (last week I think) changes that Freeview made have however created problems with my TV where a stupid splash screen pops up all the time and won't go away.  Good thing I don't watch actual TV (avoidance of all that advertising and the Kardashians)....  This is the last time I buy LG though, I think their over sales marketing in NZ is a joke, what they say/show it as being able to do isn't what happens here.

Use your brain. If you don't have your own, borrows from someone. 

No answer - maybe nobody still with 5.10.02 beta version... O_o

If u can't answer being just a little polite, just keep your mouth shut up (just like your avatar or even sucking a big c0c% - apparently you like very much)... Or simply fu$# yourself...
You are not everyone to say for everybody!
  • Like 1