Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

I have a 47LB720T Tv in South Africa, running 04.62.43

My main reason for this tv is to stream Netflix and Hulu, and using UnoTelly I have this working fine. I was able to change the region using the IR LED and sound file hack, and could get into the Service menu fine, change region, download apps, and then change back to South Africa.

Now for the past few months, the TV has been telling me about the update to 05.00.15 however I have always denied the update. I have a feeling that if I update, I will probably lose the ability to access the service menu, change region, and will probably lose the apps that are loaded currently (or won't be able to update them when they need updating)

Can anyone confirm or deny this? In other words, from a streaming media/region code/service menu aspect, would this update make me go backwards, and prevent me from using those apps again?

Appreciate any advice.

05.00.40 firmware released for your TV, but I recommend NOT to update because new firmware is very bad (HDMI/ARC ocassionaly pop-up, revert back to TV speakers etc.)

Stay with 05.00.15 and enjoy :)

Hi Dejan,

Thank you for Information. I am still wondering about the rumors which said that in the Summer of 2015 webOS 2 will be available for the 2014 TVs. Does anybody know anything about it?

I have 42lb6500 05.00.20.. from philippines..cant connect to lg store or youtube..connected to wifi..said network unstable but i hav fast connection...pls help

It may sound stupid but check that your time is correctly set , I had an issue similar to this and found that it was due to having a different time zone set .

Good luck

• Like 1

Come on Kusie, put our minds at rest, is it going ok or are there any more bugs to report. You're a brave man.

I have just set it downloading for an install at a later date. if your comments are favorable.

Jonny

LOL sorry pal, I have good news, still works fine with no popups so far, BUT i don´t have an AV via ARC attached, no external Receiver, no optical Connection to a Sound System etc... So the basic functions are OK, with no major Problems, at least non I have encountered..

Kusie

LOL sorry pal, I have good news, still works fine with no popups so far, BUT i don´t have an AV via ARC attached, no external Receiver, no optical Connection to a Sound System etc... So the basic functions are OK, with no major Problems, at least non I have encountered..

Kusie

Good to hear! Do you have anything else connected to hdmi on the TV? And did you have pop-ups on 05.00.40?

Hi,

Exactly how do you upgrade to a BETA firmware, i have tried to find out by reading posts and others webpages but i am unsure as to what process to do, some people are saying about using the firmware in a LG_DTV folder on a USB but this doesn't work and others are suggesting some sort of changing IP address etc.. but not sure if this is correct.....

Regards,

Robbie

Can confirm that 05.00.55 is OK and no hdmi/arc pop-ups :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Just a couple of questions Dejan,

1. Any picture improvement with the new firmware?

2. How are the picture adjust setting menu (less adjustment options on the later 5.00.** firmwares)

3. Out of memory errors (possible a little early for this)

Cheers Jonny

Happy new year to all