Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

U can try 

link hidden, please login to view

I do have DLNA server running in my home network on Synology DS214play NAS. LG TV is detected OK and everything is working within limits of DLNA as a standard. I would like my TV to behave more like standalone media players where you can add network shared location as movie, TV or whatever library and then use scrapers to download artwork and info for specific shows or movies. My Synology NAS supports Plex server which will do that,but client app is not free on LG Store. I also have a high-end HTPC connected to that LG TV so I don't really care about that that much.

Thanks for link to this version 5.01.10.

I had got seriously fed up with the sluggish nature of webos 1, so much worse than the previous LG smart tv os. So much so i was on the verge of selling this tv at a hugh loss just to get something useable.

However ...... this update is a MASSIVE improvment. Much quicker channel change, and the missing info banner on change is now there. Boot up is quicker, switching between apps ( once they have been started initially ) is instant - impressivly so

Quick menu is 'quick' now.  It feels like a completely different tv.   :D :D :D :D :D  

Just to balance my input the negatives are TV GUIDE is still too slow load up to be used( however 'Programmes' is quick but just displays current, rather than NOW and NEXT ) Advanced settings are also slow, but being objective this is isnt used that often. Initial boot of apps switches to a blank coloured screen rather than the app front screen such as Netfllix, Amazon etc ....

Some of these issue's may be Beta related anyway.

Overal - a much happier LG Tv owner this week. :)

Hi all.

can someone Please tell me how to downgrade and what software to use.

i have a 55lb730v

i still get memory error after 1-2 hours use with beta 5. i use simplink to transfer sound via hdmi to my DTS reciver. do any one have this problem, or is it just me. and would and optical cable stop the memory error?

and yes i did a factory reset :-(

P.s. Tnx Tehknic just saw ur reply :-) ill try that later.i

Thank you Simon

I have updated to 5.10.01

Have a nice time with your LG azizout .  ;)

Thanks for link to this version 5.01.10.

I had got seriously fed up with the sluggish nature of webos 1, so much worse than the previous LG smart tv os. So much so i was on the verge of selling this tv at a hugh loss just to get something useable.

However ...... this update is a MASSIVE improvment. Much quicker channel change, and the missing info banner on change is now there. Boot up is quicker, switching between apps ( once they have been started initially ) is instant - impressivly so

Quick menu is 'quick' now.  It feels like a completely different tv.   :D :D :D :D :D  

Just to balance my input the negatives are TV GUIDE is still too slow load up to be used( however 'Programmes' is quick but just displays current, rather than NOW and NEXT ) Advanced settings are also slow, but being objective this is isnt used that often. Initial boot of apps switches to a blank coloured screen rather than the app front screen such as Netfllix, Amazon etc ....

Some of these issue's may be Beta related anyway.

Overal - a much happier LG Tv owner this week. :)

05.10.01 Gulfstream2000.  ;)

Anyway, nice to see that you are happier after this update. And you're right, it's now completely different, much better TV.  :D

Hi guys

is Flash player working with New Beta Firmware ?

Hi kanwar80. Unfortunately not. Maybe soon in final almost 2.0 version.

Can people stop asking for Flash?

Flash is dead. Don't ask for tech providers for Flash compatibility, ask for web devs to stop using Flash!

Oh, seriously? Therefore, please write to devs and ask them to stop using flash. - We'll be grateful to you.  :D

Meanwhile, flash still not quite died, so thank you very much for your teaching and here we are talking about webOS firmware.

• Download Software_File(Version_04.51.49).zip and unzip to HDD/SSD
  • Format usb flash drive in FAT32
  • Create folder LG_DTV on your usb flash drive (LG_DTV with _ )
  • Copy starfish-atsc-secured-goldfinger-38.arches-3849-04.51.49-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk file into folder LG_DTV
  • Safely remove usb flash drive from PC
  • Connect usb flash drive to your TV USB port (any free port)
  • Wait message for update and confirm with remote controller
  • After sucessfuly update, reboot your TV (switch off/on)
  • Go to Settings and Reset to initial factory settings
  • Set your TV 
  • Enjoy :rolleyes:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Dear all, 

i'm so exited about the availability of WebOS 2.0 beta.

Do you know if this firmware is suitable for the 49UB850V model?

Dear all, 

i'm so exited about the availability of WebOS 2.0 beta.

Do you know if this firmware is suitable for the 49UB850V model?

Hello balrom.
Beta ~2.0 suitable for your UHD LG is available here:
 for UB850 - UB980 / UC970.

Today new beta firmware was released version 5.10.02 for LB630-LB870 and EC930

Link is from officialy LG site:

If you don't know what are you doing, please don't flash...It is only on your own risk!!!

I'am flashed today on my 42LB700V-ZG and everything goes fine. Speed and memory improvement...A little bit different fonts style and size..

• Like 1

Also for UHD LG for UB850 - UB980 / UC970

Everything works fine again. 

Mp3cAQP.png

If you don't know what are you doing, please don't flash...It is only on your own risk!!!

I'am flashed today on my 42LB700V-ZG and everything goes fine. Speed and memory improvement...A little bit different fonts style and size..

This isn't working in my LB6500 with 5.10.01 (starfish-atsc-secured-m14tv-25.ashley.m14tv-2501-05.10.01-prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk). Anyone has any idea?