Quantcast

Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We purchased and LG UHD SmartTV with WebOS at end of July 2018.  The following messages continuously alternate re. the Wired Ethernet connection whenever the LAN cable is plugged in, i.e.  "Wired network is connected"  followed immediately by  "Wired Lan cable disconnected".

However, the router is stable and there is a trouble-free, continous Wi-fi connnection to the same Smart TV.  There are also no failures for other devices connected via a Wired Ethernet connection to the same router.

Dear LG ... is this a WebOS software issue or is it a SmartTV network card issue ?  If this is not resolved very quickly we will dump this TV and buy SAMSUNG instead.

• Like 2

Dear John,

I suspect that you are enjoying the use of a wireless connection.  Whereas, if you disconnect from the wireless connection (ensure you have the password on hand for re-connection) you may see that you have no internet connection (via Wired Ethernet) whatsoever.  If in addition, you unplug the LAN cable (at the SmartTV socket's end) you will note that the repeat message re. Wired Ethernet disappears.

There is an outside chance that your Wired Ethernet connection distribution point (opposite to the end of the LAN cable connected to your Smart TV) may be faulty.  To check this, connect some other device e.g. a laptop computer (perhaps even using a replacement Ethernet Cable) and observe whether that device can establish a trouble-free internet connection, or not as the case may be.  If you find a trouble free internet connection this way, the problem is narrowed to the LG Smart TV, and it may be either a software or hardware issue, or both of these.

• 11 months later...

I have the same problem. It is very annoying.

I have wireless disconnected and only ethernet connected. 

Already switched cable to other ports in the router, switched physical cable,  and the problem remains.

I wonder if this is a hardware fault (ethernet board on tv) or is this a webos (software) problem?

LG, please resolve this as it seems that more people have the same issue.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I called LG customer service and they wanted  me to do a total reset on the tv.   I was  afraid it would wipe out my calibration that was done by a professional calibrator , so I didn’t try it.   

There has had to be some solution.   

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Similar problem with the annoying pop up messages for my 43 UJ6200 .

Messages most often that an unknown device is disconnected,  followed immedietly with unknown device is connected and it's repeated many times,  then stops for a short or long time, and then happens again with varying frequency.

Occasionally,  I get the pop up that my Lan connection is disconnected followed by Lan connection is connected.

By the way,   I only connect via an ethernet cable to my router so wifi isn't even set up for my tv.    The only other device connected is my cable box via an HDMI cable.

All connections have been checked and tv has been power cycled in a specific way as per LG support advice and tv dusted in back also per support instructions,   but problem persists and is very annoying at times.

Someone mentioned problem persists after changing out motherboard,  so his assumption was that it's software related.

Would be great is someone from LG could read this and pass it along to find a fix for it .

18 minutes ago, ken 43 said:

Similar problem with the annoying pop up messages for my 43 UJ6200 .

Messages most often that an unknown device is disconnected,  followed immedietly with unknown device is connected and it's repeated many times,  then stops for a short or long time, and then happens again with varying frequency.

Occasionally,  I get the pop up that my Lan connection is disconnected followed by Lan connection is connected.

By the way,   I only connect via an ethernet cable to my router so wifi isn't even set up for my tv.    The only other device connected is my cable box via an HDMI cable.

All connections have been checked and tv has been power cycled in a specific way as per LG support advice and tv dusted in back also per support instructions,   but problem persists and is very annoying at times.

Someone mentioned problem persists after changing out motherboard,  so his assumption was that it's software related.

Would be great is someone from LG could read this and pass it along to find a fix for it .

Mine was worse with the initial  motherboard Now it’s Better it’s very random now could be days And even weeks. I also think there is definitely an app triggering this from the LG content store or LG settings. The fact that multiple models and people reporting the same error is definitely  software /firmware.  Would like someone in LG R&D to acknowledge this issue and supply a fix?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello. I was able to solve this problem. In my case, I believe the messages were caused because I was using a switch, which sends data to the TV in “bite-size“ packages. The TV intermittently interpreted the gap between “bites” as a lost connection and generated the error message. I eliminated the issue by unplugging the ethernet and relying solely on Wi-Fi. (I guess I could also eliminate the issue by plugging the TVs ethernet port directly to the router or modem and not through a switch). I hope this works for you. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 1:40 PM, Phil619 said:

Hello. I was able to solve this problem. In my case, I believe the messages were caused because I was using a switch, which sends data to the TV in “bite-size“ packages. The TV intermittently interpreted the gap between “bites” as a lost connection and generated the error message. I eliminated the issue by unplugging the ethernet and relying solely on Wi-Fi. (I guess I could also eliminate the issue by plugging the TVs ethernet port directly to the router or modem and not through a switch). I hope this works for you. Good luck.

I'm using a TP-Link AV600 powerlan repeater with lan port, tryed today to connect by cable directly to the router, the connect/disconnect problem is still there.

I have also the wifi setting disabled,no way to enable wifi... I'm reading about hardware connection problems, but I think could be a software problem.

Any LG rappresentative is reading here? Any new firmware to fix this terrible bug????

LG 55UH605V - firmware 05.30.85

POS LG TV ... hey LG fix the problem WHICH IS A COMMON PROBLEM JUST AFTER THE TV GOES OFF WARRANTY.  I have tried all the LG fix propaganda but it ndoes not work.  Now I have to adjust the sound sync frequently.  Furthermore the option to connect to WiFi is not shown.  I am fed up having bought an expensive TV.  If you do nit correct the COMMON PROBLEM, I will file a class action lawsuit to address the matter.

I have been having same problems with my wifi disconnecting but no issues with other devices on same wifi. We just wired it directly to a router but reading all of your issues I do not think it will solve the problem.  

I also have issues with my tv sound, we have to run the sound test everytime we turn on TV to get sound.  Please fix!!!!

model-   75UJ6470-UC

WebOS TV version 3.8.0-61208

• 3 weeks later...

I had this issue for a while... it started off with the mouse pointer not working... then youtube video stutter and the popup coming up on and off more and more frequent. I had the TV wired through a 1 Meter cat5e cable to Dlink Gigabit Switch which is then connected through a 10Meter cat5e cable to the Router. I changed the switch to a TPLink unmanaged Pro switch and toggled the port to 100MF and it was alleviating the issue for a while before it get bad again. Then I swap out the 1Meter cable from a CAT5e to CAT6 and surprisingly, the problem goes away. It looks like the cable might have gotten bad over time.

• Like 1

I have had the pop up “lan disconnected” message for a long time now. I finally called LG customer service and got through to a human being. I explained the land disconnect pop-up and also that the Wi-Fi menu is unable to be enabled. The technician had me go through some troubleshooting steps and put me on hold. The technician came back and asked if I would like to have a free service call to have the TV repaired. I said sure send a guy out. I’ll let you guys know what happens.

UPDATE!

There is a service bulletin regarding this problem and a free fix program. The local technician texted me to confirm model number and serial number. Parts have been ordered and the appointment has been set. 

Edited by Badblackdog
Update

I have this same behavior now On my OLED55B6P. The only things that have changed:

1. Verizon replaced my optical network terminal for my Fios service.

2. I updated my TV’s firmware  

I can’t correlate the timing to one vs the other since the error messages about disconnection/reconnection aren’t always there. But since you’re all having the problem too, it seems like it must be some issue with LG’s firmware. 

Everything else in my networking, wiring, routers, etc. have been unchanged for years.

(Some Side rants)
With the most recent firmware update, my Simplink functionality stopped working. I can’t get my LG DVD player and audio system to turn on when I switch to my TV optical output. I requested LG support multiple times on the Simplink issue and have not heard anything. It’s very frustrating. 

With the update prior to that, my smart apps have started crashing far more often than they used to. 

And the damn Disney+ app, unlike every other app, refuses to let me do a zoom to avoid letter boxing on 16:9 movies. It zooms but then letter boxing remains unchanged. Mind boggling. 
(End side rants)

Also, I tried a factory reset of the TV. It didn’t fix any of these issues. 

This is my third LG Flatscreen TV. If this stuff can’t get resolved, it will likely be my last. 

On 5/29/2020 at 9:20 AM, Badblackdog said:

I have had the pop up “lan disconnected” message for a long time now. I finally called LG customer service and got through to a human being. I explained the land disconnect pop-up and also that the Wi-Fi menu is unable to be enabled. The technician had me go through some troubleshooting steps and put me on hold. The technician came back and asked if I would like to have a free service call to have the TV repaired. I said sure send a guy out. I’ll let you guys know what happens.

UPDATE!

There is a service bulletin regarding this problem and a free fix program. The local technician texted me to confirm model number and serial number. Parts have been ordered and the appointment has been set. 

Please circulate the service bulletin number and name. Thx.