Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

This is model for German area and i can't find firmware download on their official site. Don't use from other LG site firmware that isnt for your model. I think its better to download via automatic update in tv menu. Wait for new update..

There is no update files.. 

link hidden, please login to view

I found same page. I bought this model in Czech Republic! Automatic update in tv menu saying "There is no update"... 

I found same page. I bought this model in Czech Republic! Automatic update in tv menu saying "There is no update"... 

Then just wait a new update..Sorry...I would not recommend to update different firmware and i think tv dont update that file anyway...Ask LG support what is solution..or just RMA it :)

Then just wait a new update..Sorry...I would not recommend to update different firmware and i think tv dont update that file anyway...Ask LG support what is solution..or just RMA it :)

Yes, if there will be no solution I will return it and take my money back and I will buy different version. But I believe that my version has only white back and that's all.

Yes, if there will be no solution I will return it and take my money back and I will buy different version. But I believe that my version has only white back and that's all.

There is no difference in firmwares for different EU countries. So, if you find FW for your (exact) model on any EU site it is OK to use it.

There is no difference in firmwares for different EU countries. So, if you find FW for your (exact) model on any EU site it is OK to use it.

I agree, but for some reason this model 47LB678V is not listed in firmware list for similar models such as LB679V or LB677V. I think this model is some kind of special edition for Germany because only on this site have description, but not support usb updating. Hm, strange..

I agree, but for some reason this model 47LB678V is not listed in firmware list for similar models such as LB679V or LB677V. I think this model is some kind of special edition for Germany because only on this site have description, but not support usb updating. Hm, strange..

I contacted LG support and they said me that is ok to update so I did it and TV works properly. And they also said me that 2014 models will not receive full webOS 2.0 but just webOs light which just improve response of OS.

my 55LB671V has been updated to 04.55.15 yesterday, this is beta build for DE/GB region, Im from CZ

it seems better speed of TV guide and response when Im changing channels. Im using DVB-T only. But still EPG is downloaded just for selected multiplex without any caching :(, so when you turn off TV you will se empty epg when you start tv again :(, for 5multiplex you need to change the channel :( WHY THERE IS NO CACHING OF EPG!!!! e.g. for 1k channesl 1day cache will be 1MB..? the tv has 1GB!!!

and I hope that slim version of webOS 2.0 will be soon

• 2 weeks later...

i have bought 47lb731v, but the firmware is 4.40... . i see in the last post that this firmware is not the newest. If I go to check for updates, the system dont find new firmware. the country is set to germany. can me help someone? thanks

OK, go to 

and under SOFTWARE UPDATE tab download file "Software_File(Version_04.45.04).zip" on to your hard drive and unzip. Next step is to prepare usb stick formated in fat32, next create folder LG_DTV and put into this folder this file "starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-32.arches-3246-04.45.04-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk"

Then stick it that usb flash drive into your tv usb port and wait a message about upgrade..Confirm with remote control, wait to file upload and after confirmation message just restart your tv (swich off/on with remote control) Usb drive don't unplug during update process...After tv is started then you can unplug usb flash drive...I recommend to do a "factory restore" and then set your tv as you wiish...

• Like 1

They sometimes just don't syncronise ota updates with usb updates..

There are some improvements in speed and stability.Some bugs is resolved.Bug with memory is now rarer.

Anyway, tv will be faster with 04.45.04 but dont expect miracle :)

In this year LG preparing for us 2x faster WebOS 2.0...so till then we will wait and hope..

Hi guys,

I have the LG 50LB670V and just today I asked via chat support if is planned for 2014 tv with WebOs 1.x an update to webos 2.0.
He told me NOT.

The chat support doesn't have any info from LG about future updates on 2.0.

I hope he is wrong.

Chat contacted in Italy.

WebOs sucks..

They should add at least flash player support to webos

I don't need 2.0 update

Only flash player support enough. And Memory full bug should be fixed

First time poster. Long time lurker...

Why Flash? Its buggy, it makes websites sluggish and slow. Instead of asking for Flash support, ask for better coded websites. Steve Jobs was right when it came to Flash. As is Google taking Flash support out of Android.

Anyhoo, 55LB6500 user here. Got the update to 1.3.3 earlier this week. Ran thru flawlessly. Interface seem snappier and the built in apps are a tad better "browser and YouTube".

First time poster. Long time lurker...

Why Flash? Its buggy, it makes websites sluggish and slow. Instead of asking for Flash support, ask for better coded websites. Steve Jobs was right when it came to Flash. As is Google taking Flash support out of Android.

Anyhoo, 55LB6500 user here. Got the update to 1.3.3 earlier this week. Ran thru flawlessly. Interface seem snappier and the built in apps are a tad better "browser and YouTube".

yehh if they dont want to provide flash player support or web os 2.0 update 

at least they should develop dedicated app for streaming

like in india Hotstar and Sony LIV these are popular video streaming website in india and there is dedicated application available for android and ios and windows

at least they should add these app to LG APP store 

Model: LG 42LB700V-ZG

Firmware: 04.32.20

WebOS: 1.3.1-3220(afro-arches)

Place: Poland

Hi i have bought my LG tv this month and i want to update my firmware. Some updates come automatically in first few days. Now i have firmware 04.32.20 but on LG website i found out for my tv the most current firmware is 04.45.04 from 18/05/2015. When i try update via OTA there is "no updates" i don't know why :P (set place as Poland). Anyway if OTA is not working i tried download update from LG website and now what.... i download this update and when i try to unzip file the error coming (like the download file is buged). I download this file few times on different PCs and try unzip with different programs and still the same i can't unzip file. Someone had the same problem with this file ? LG upload bugged file on website or what ? Maybe someone can check this file try to download and unzip maybe my pc is a problem or i don't know. Thx for help.

P.S.

Do you know something about updates for LG TV models from 2014 for webOS 2.0 ? I heard diffrent reviews. Someone tells there will be full update to webOS 2.0 and others says ther will be only updates of some parts/functions of webOS 2.0 for models from 2014.

Do you know something about updates for LG TV models from 2014 for webOS 2.0 ? I heard diffrent reviews. Someone tells there will be full update to webOS 2.0 and others says ther will be only updates of some parts/functions of webOS 2.0 for models from 2014.

webOS 2.0 is coming :wub: 

Hi mladjokis,

is this file for 47LB731v too. i heard, that this update damage the lgs. :(

I can confirm that this firmware working on 47LB671V-ZB. I have this one and everything is OK. I just posted correct zip archive because on LG site is corrupted one. There you can check is it compatible with your device.

ive had my new LG 47LB650V for 5 days now i updated to the newest firmware 04.45.04 but some times when exiting apps or using favourites for selecting chanels, the tv will turn its self off and back on again,does any one else have same problem.thanks.

I've just installed the 5.99.99 firmware on my 42 LB650V (UK) and i can confirm there is a definite improvement in web OS speed for me, Q.menu is now actually reasonably quick, still not quite instant but definitely an vast improvement over the previous 4.4 whatever it was, also a lot faster at navigating around my external HDD.

I'll add the link to the site but I can't take credit for it

direct link to 5.99.99 firmware

Installation instructions (USB must be FAT32)

The root directory of the USB-drive, create a folder "LG_DTV" and copy the firmware file. Turn on the TV, insert a USB flash drive. You will see a message "open in smart ball", select "No", and then will be prompted to upgrade. The installation progress can be seen in the Settings-General-Information on the TV. Do not turn off the TV or remove the USB flash drive until the end of the upgrade process.