Quantcast

Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

12 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I got rid of my lg and got a sony but just spoke to a tv engineer I mentioned the problem with the lg cable not connected etc. He immediately said motherboard said he had done hundreds and said lg have taken the Warranty in store so only they repair under warranty but 1 day after 12 months they are saying take it up with the retailer 

The frustrating part is they should be able to solve this in firmware. Like allow people to turn off the messages, or only display the message if the TV stays “disconnected” longer than 5 seconds without reconnecting, or change how they decide it’s disconnected since the TV keeps playing streaming videos with no problems. 3 potential ways to fix without the need for a new motherboard. At least 1 of them is absolutely possible in firmware (allowing consumers to turn off messages).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 47SJ810V had the wired connect/disconnect messages. It could go for a few hours without, other times minutes between and occasionally every few seconds.

It is connected by ethernet and have tried different ports and cables. The PC is on the same switch and doesn't pick up any connection drop. Wifi is turned off. Remote wake up is also by wifi signal so presume the wifi module isn't truly inactive and it has the active bluetooth connection, as well. The partition wall with the neighbours is about 12 feet away so I wonder if same wifi/bluetooth device is trying to establish a link and the 'wired connect/disconnect' is just a general network alert. Both Bluetooth connections for the TV are picked up by my phone on the other side on the house, on another floor with a brick wall between. The TV is also against the wall with a busy-ish pavement outside so phones go by.

It seems to be a different issue but Netflix and Amazon are unwatchable for me now as they keep getting disconnected after a minute or 10. This has been the last month or so. The 'wired connect/disconnect' has been a year or so. If I set the input to PC and watch Netflix and Amazon on that, absolutely no problem except the alerts still pop up.

I did use store mode that stopped it but it seems more aggressive now and it's nearly impossible to use the TV guide before it resets and Vivid picture mode is horrible.

I did power off at the wall overnight and the TV absolutely flew in the morning, back to normal after a few days though.

Wifi module out next as I now plan on using the TV as a media monitor for the PC but got to get rid of those alerts.

• 4 weeks later...

We are having this issue too. Bought our tv in November 2018--only just over 2 years old. The disconnection problems, first with wifi, then with ethernet started around this summer. We've done a couple of hard resets. Planned obsolescence? We will never buy another LG! 

Hi

I did dump the tv and bought a 

link hidden, please login to view
  from John Lewis,  anyone thinking of doing the same don't bother Sony (and John Lewis) are as bad as LG they could not care less about their customers, from 1 month the picture has been pixelating if someone or something moves in front or behind someone/something!  Obviously Sony have never seen anything like it , taken 3 months and still not fixed John Lewis refuse to exchange! 

Hi,

My almost 4 years old LG 55UJ6510 had several issues for a long time:

- muliple messages connect/disconnect  on the ethernet connection to my router 
   replaced the cable, without result
- magic control didn't work most of the time
- tv  lost power without any cause and started up again  automatically (sometimes 3 times in 5 minutes)

My solution:

I cleaned the ethernet connector. I scrapped the contacts thoroughly with a very small screwdriver.
Started up the tv set and all the issues are gone.
I did this about 2 weeks ago and tv set works like new.

So in my opinion the connector contacs had corrosion and interfered with eachother causing pulses that influenced the tv software and hardware.

Maybe this can be of any help for others facing the same kind of problems .

On 8/17/2019 at 2:44 PM, Tider said:

I called LG customer service and they wanted  me to do a total reset on the tv.   I was  afraid it would wipe out my calibration that was done by a professional calibrator , so I didn’t try it.   

There has had to be some solution.   

Don't reset.. I did and it did nothing to fix it... I still have the problem and other issues as well with the network connection including NO WiFi ... So stuck with CAT 5 and very slow speeds. I have a Service Tech coming out this week - I hope.. I will update after this..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2018 at 7:16 PM, John Bizeray said:

I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.

I have this problem while connected with an Ethernet cable. How do I stop the pop-up messages?

In case this is of use to anyone, I called John Lewis about my new LG OLED55CX5LB (2020).

they said they would replace as it’s been less than 30 days but I could speak to LG and I did. The tech support guy was aware of the wired connect/disconnect pop ups that I was getting and said it was the WiFi module incorrectly kicking in and overriding the wired connection and it could not be fixed. He said he has seen it happen often in older machines but rarely in new ones. I ordered a replacement and we’ll see how it goes.

it does suggest to me that using WiFi instead might work, and also if you can manage to switch off the pop ups (I was advised you couldn’t ) then at least you won’t be distracted as it doesn’t seem to cause any viewing issues, probably as the stream is buffered.

Today March 27,2021 I received a reply back from LG Service saying:

Regrettably there are no specific time yet as to when the patch will be released they only advise that it should be rolled out by the third week of April 2021. 

On 3/20/2021 at 1:53 PM, Daverb70 said:

In case this is of use to anyone, I called John Lewis about my new LG OLED55CX5LB (2020).

they said they would replace as it’s been less than 30 days but I could speak to LG and I did. The tech support guy was aware of the wired connect/disconnect pop ups that I was getting and said it was the WiFi module incorrectly kicking in and overriding the wired connection and it could not be fixed. He said he has seen it happen often in older machines but rarely in new ones. I ordered a replacement and we’ll see how it goes.

it does suggest to me that using WiFi instead might work, and also if you can manage to switch off the pop ups (I was advised you couldn’t ) then at least you won’t be distracted as it doesn’t seem to cause any viewing issues, probably as the stream is buffered.

My wifi is blanked out can only use adsl cable

I’m having the same wired disconnect-connect problem with my UJ6300. So I thought I would try going back to Wi-Fi. But I can’t set it because it’s not turned on. But do you think there is any way to turn it on? No. Apparently they forgot that on a software update. Anyone knows?

To fix this problem for the LG 65UJ6300 go to:
Settings,
General and scroll down to
Home/Store
Select Store mode and wait for TV to switch to Store mode
Press down arrow
Turn off Notifications
Exit
Go back to Home/Store and turn Home mode back On
Exit
This stopped the LAN Notifications but some time later I started seeing the notification again and when I went to the store mode to check the notifications setting it was set to on again. Must be a software update that turned it back on.
I just turned them off again.
Hope this helps everyone with this problem.

Yes did that but didn't work. 

I did solve the no wifi problem by doing what an earlier post suggested. Popping off back of tv and straightening any crimped wired out flat.  Wifi works now, but still get the notice in top right corner saying: 

Wired lan  cable disconnected

Wired network is connected

Lg still suppose to be putting out a fix for this in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Customer service was quite useless, they told me to change location and do a hard reset on my UK6090PUA, and nothing helped. Notifications for LAN disconnected and connected again to network keep popping up since the last OS update.

16 minutes ago, S G said:

Customer service was quite useless, they told me to change location and do a hard reset on my UK6090PUA, and nothing helped. Notifications for LAN disconnected and connected again to network keep popping up since the last OS update.

Do you have the ability to switch to WiFi? Since I switched there is no button I can find to switch back from Wired. 

My wifi is intermittent. Sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. Others on this forum have stated that there is a problem with the wifi module. I never thought that lg would release something without making sure that it functions as it should. 

Without wifi and wired working the smart features are useless. :(

Since I've straightened the wires in the back of my tv and was able to connect to wifi once again instead of a wired connection I've had no problems. The pop up message has now disappeared also. Haven't tried connecting with a wired connection since (little scared to) to see if would work or go back the way it was with not been able to connect to wifi and seeing the pop ups again.

19 minutes ago, Oly34 said:

Since I've straightened the wires in the back of my tv and was able to connect to wifi once again instead of a wired connection I've had no problems. The pop up message has now disappeared also. Haven't tried connecting with a wired connection since (little scared to) to see if would work or go back the way it was with not been able to connect to wifi and seeing the pop ups again.

When I go to the Wifi settings, it says I have to turn on Wifi before I can connect using WiFi. However I cant find anything in the settings to turn it on.

So I had the extended coverage with Square Trade. They sent out a service tech and it was figured out the that WiFi card - part of the main mother board was bad. After a few attempts to replace it it was found that the connector was bad. They ended up covering it under the extended warranty and  refunded me my money to get a new TV. It did work for a few weeks better till I found the replacement TV and got the check. I did get a new one.. But if you are not covered by warranty, and have a little technical talent. You could take the back off and try to check the connectors   on the main Motherboard and WiFi Card. Seems to be a common problem on these TV.

• Like 1

I have 5 LG TVs but only my largest and newest 65SJ8000 model has this exact "Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected" issue.  I have taken the TV back to factory settings with "no" change in its habits. 

Very disappointed that it seems to be a common issue and even more disappointed that no one has been able to find a solution.   Since this TV is only 2 years old LG has let us all down. 

On 4/11/2021 at 12:53 PM, Dtorg said:

When I go to the Wifi settings, it says I have to turn on Wifi before I can connect using WiFi. However I cant find anything in the settings to turn it on.

The only way I got wifi back was the way I explained above by taking the back of the tv off and uncrimping the wires. It was then that access to wifi came back. 

@Oly34 When you "uncrimped" (presume you meant "repositioned") the WiFi card connection wiring, did you unplug and re-plug the little socket by any chance? The little plug, like many connectors, has what is called "bifurcated" connectors inside, these are designed to have a wiping action when plugged in or taken out, to clean any dust or oxide layers off the mating surfaces. From what I gather, this often improves the very low-level signals and voltages to/from this component, and fixes the issue for a while, until more "dusty particles" get inside it.

17 minutes ago, td47 said:

@Oly34 When you "uncrimped" (presume you meant "repositioned") the WiFi card connection wiring, did you unplug and re-plug the little socket by any chance? The little plug, like many connectors, has what is called "bifurcated" connectors inside, these are designed to have a wiping action when plugged in or taken out, to clean any dust or oxide layers off the mating surfaces. From what I gather, this often improves the very low-level signals and voltages to/from this component, and fixes the issue for a while, until more "dusty particles" get inside it.

Uncrimped is what I did. The wires are crimped and pinched. After that you reposition and tape them down. No didn't touch the socket at all. 

My fix is the following, and is guaranteed to solve the issue with these annoying messages. Firstly my Router is in my kitchen and TV in the sitting room, too far and awkward for a lengthy Ethernet cable. So I bought a top of the range TP link Range Extender, RE650 model. Originally connected to my LG SK8000PLB by Ethernet cable. Like everyone else each time my Router blinked for a split second up came the message Wired Lan cable disconnected, immediately followed by Wired Lan cable connected. Now the easy and permanent fix is simply this, you buy a USB 3 to Ethernet adapter, plug the Ethernet cable from your Range Extender into the Ethernet end of the adapter and plug the USB end into a spare slot on your TV and you have internet connection. Your TV will now report in settings that you are not connected either by wired or Wifi connection. So therefore you will never see the annoying messages again. An added bonus is that as your TV Ethernet port is 10/100 you now increase the speed that your TV is getting from your Internet connection. For example I have gigabit and on Netflix speed test before using USB connection I was getting 94 mbs max, I am now getting 310 mbs on Netflix test. When you initially connect your Internet via USB it will take a few moments for your TV to adjust but it is only moments. I promise this is the solution, my soundbar still works perfectly and all visuals are as they should be. The reason I tried this solution and found it works perfectly is my upstairs PC internet connection  was slow  so used the same method for it, and decided to try it on my TV and problem of annoying messages are permanently in the past. I think I have proven it is not an LG TV problem but regular split second disconnects by the Router. The USB to Ethernet adapters are cheap on Amazon and you could use any range extender with an Ethernet port on it.