Quantcast

Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

2 hours ago, MikeWWW said:

1. Disguising symptoms doesn't address the underlying problem.

2. Your guaranteed solution doesn't work to hide the connection/reconnection messages.  The store setting probably refers to a different class of messages that appear near the top right hand corner, regarding system updates, license changes etc.

Well I am telling you now  it does work, there are no more messages once you turn off notifications in the Store Mode.  Those messages you refer to show up in home mode  until you turn them off in Store Mode. LG put it there for a reason but it works on the entire TV not just the store mode.  I urge everyone to ignore MikeWWW and test for yourselves, there is no disguising of anything. Since I turned off the notifications I see no more annoying messages about anything, my screen is clear.  I am afraid Mikewww is an idiot because there is no "different class of messages" it is one damn TV and the turn off notification button just happens to be in the Store Mode settings.  LG probably dumped it there to make it easy for Retailers to set the TV's all in one section ready for displaying for customers. 

For all other people and not Mikewww, Go to General scroll down to Home/Store mode once in Store Mode bring up Settings again scroll down to General again then scroll all the way down to store settings in there you will see the turn on/off  Notifications. The switch off works and you will see absolutely zero notifications, once you disable it just swap back to Home Mode and you will have no more issues.

Mikewww explain what you mean by disguising symptoms there is nothing to disguise, the only problem is if you allow messages to appear or not  there is no underlying problem. The only problem ever was the messages, TV's were not actually disconnecting and disconnecting.  Anyway people test for yourselves and I will eat my hat if your messages do not disappear!!   

Elaborate? Lad do you need a nanny? Set TV into store mode okay? re-open settings as normal and go to "general" then scroll right down to the bottom where you will see a setting that says "Store mode settings" and lo and behold even Stevie Wonder will see the setting to turn off notifications. Lad I am in my 70's and even I had little trouble figuring it out. As I said in my original post I guarantee this is the solution. I see no more annoying Wired Network or any other messages since discovering the solution. After you uncheck the notifications box just switch back to Home Mode and that is it result. It makes no difference that the option to switch notifications on or off is in Store Mode settings as the settings work on the "whole" TV.   

You seem to be unnecessarily abusive . Note you haven't figured out how to even make forum posts without replying to yourself and messing up quotations. 

Please  pay attention to the multiple classes of system messages appearing at the top of the screen. I have designed user interfaces for consumer devices such as these, and I can tell you that the message styles are distinctly different. 

Please also attach a video of yourself eating your hat, as connect/disconnect messages do appear after following your "guaranteed"solution. 

Mike wanker wanker wanker. Leave it to others to confirm or deny because you have some unseen agenda. I have an SK8000PLB and was getting the same annoying messages as everyone else and the fix is there, and it does work as I have completely stopped the messages, my TV is clear. Perhaps I don't know how to do these boards properly but I am smart enough to perform a simple fix on my TV, something you seem unwilling to believe, so lets leave it to all the others who have the same problem. And I will be back to shove your hat up your arrogant ass! 

And as for multiple messages appearing on screen the only ones ever to appear on mine are about app updates or the constant one about Wired Connection. 

You are an absolute liar to say the messages continue to appear because I have proved they do not and I will ask LG to confirm and post here when they reply. In the meantime tosser let others try and tell us their results. Don't bother posting to me again as you are a self absorbed narcissistic moron who just trolls to provoke arguments, and then try and take the high ground as if you are an expert which you certainly are not. Get lost creep. ,

Reply From LG

"Good Morning Phylip,

Thank you for your email and I hope you are well.

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue with your TV but I am glad to hear that this issue has now been resolved.

I can confirm that we do not have a reported problem with customers experiencing this message. However, notifications can be turned off which will stop this message and therefore, this is a method to resolve this issue

Sophie | LG Electronics UK Helpdesk
----------------------------------
LG Customer Services
UK: 0344 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954
Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm
Closed bank holidays
www.lg.com/uk
Please feel free to contact us via our new Twitter account for Technical Support. You can follow us and interact with the team here -> @LGUKCare"

Now where is MikeWWW  to eat his cruddy words?  LG confirmation that what I posted does indeed resolve the issue with the wired connection messages. MikeWWW if I post something it is because it is true, unlike your claim that my fix did not work!! 

16 minutes ago, Fametune said:

@PhylipR thank you you saved my day. This popup kept coming up while I don't even have a lan cable connected. Finally the annoyance is out. Thanks again

Actually ths was premature. As soon as I go back to home mode, the notifications are back. Brand new TV, no cable connected (or ever planning to)

20 hours ago, Alex said:

@PhylipR please keep it civil on these forums.  The comments below are unnecessary.

How funny, there's dozens of messages here, but this is the first response from an admin. How about giving us information and actually solving the issue @Alex ? 65" OLED CX, no cable connected, popup messages happen. Turning them off in store mode, then going back to home mode, messages still pop up. Just spent £1800 on this and the forum admin activity is very underwhelming.

Fametune sorry if it has not worked for you, might I suggest you plug in a Lan cable and stop the messages in the store mode and see if actually having a cable connected does the trick. It worked first time for me and I am clear for days. Good Luck and I hope you get it sorted as I know how darn annoying it all is. 

PS Fametune just check the turn off notifications again as my TV turned it on by itself and maybe yours has flicked it back on. Failing any of the above if your TV is still under warranty force LG's hand to fix it as it is not functioning correctly if any part of the system is failing to respond. Threaten them with small claims court if you have to, try all you can and once again good luck.

Maybe the fix I discovered only works on older TV's mine is a year and a half and is a nano cell model.  Good luck and please keep us up to date as it will be interesting to see what happens, for all of us. And thanks for giving the Admin a prod.  Good lad they need it!! 

It just dawned on me, two days! Go back to the retailer as I believe it is their responsibility for the first six months, I may not be correct though but I know that is the case in Ireland.  Not so long ago I had a Samsung that failed just under two years old and I sued the retailer in the small claims court and was fully reimbursed the total price of the TV new, plus compensation for the inconvenience and costs.  You have options and you will get sorted.

2 hours ago, Fametune said:

How funny, there's dozens of messages here, but this is the first response from an admin. How about giving us information and actually solving the issue @Alex ? 65" OLED CX, no cable connected, popup messages happen. Turning them off in store mode, then going back to home mode, messages still pop up. Just spent £1800 on this and the forum admin activity is very underwhelming.

This forum is NOT owned or operated by LG. It’s a user to user support forum. Sorry, wish I could help you solve your issues, but I don’t work for LG.  

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

This forum is NOT owned or operated by LG. It’s a user to user support forum. Sorry, wish I could help you solve your issues, but I don’t work for LG.  

Oh wow, thanks for clarifying. So essentially we all just waste our time here, as there's zero presence from LG on this domain?

1 hour ago, PhylipR said:

Maybe the fix I discovered only works on older TV's mine is a year and a half and is a nano cell model.  Good luck and please keep us up to date as it will be interesting to see what happens, for all of us. And thanks for giving the Admin a prod.  Good lad they need it!! 

So talked to LG, they advsed me to turn of the QuickStart+ mode. so far no notifictions...

55 minutes ago, Fametune said:

Oh wow, thanks for clarifying. So essentially we all just waste our time here, as there's zero presence from LG on this domain?

If you look at the logo of this site, it’s pretty clear. Now, if discussing LG webos products with others who have LG webos products is a waste of time for you, well that’s for you to decide. As far as LG themselves having an official presence here, the answer is no. With that being said, I do know that some LG support teams read these forums. 

On 11/23/2020 at 7:07 PM, PhylipR said:

Elaborate? Lad do you need a nanny? Set TV into store mode okay? re-open settings as normal and go to "general" then scroll right down to the bottom where you will see a setting that says "Store mode settings" and lo and behold even Stevie Wonder will see the setting to turn off notifications. Lad I am in my 70's and even I had little trouble figuring it out. As I said in my original post I guarantee this is the solution. I see no more annoying Wired Network or any other messages since discovering the solution. After you uncheck the notifications box just switch back to Home Mode and that is it result. It makes no difference that the option to switch notifications on or off is in Store Mode settings as the settings work on the "whole" TV.   

There’s no need to act so arrogant and smug.

In my case, there is no such option that appears in General Settings after enabling Store Mode. By the way, in your initial post you described the notification setting as being located in the “upper right” of the TV, which based on your post here was in error and is partly why I asked you to elaborate.  

Instead of assuming everyone is an idiot, maybe consider the fact that each TV model has implemented its OS a bit differently and your solution isn’t as “guaranteed” for everyone’s TV as you so quickly assume.

Screenshot below, Home/Store Mode remains the last setting under General after Store mode is set and I’ve gone back into the Settings menus.

B1E040AE-A4F3-4ACE-B6F2-C3D92EF3D4D1.jpeg

@ClarksonCote  you are just a helpless ninny unable to something simple and basic for yourself , you wanted me to lead you by the nose,  and I bet if you go into settings in store mode you will find a setting saying store mode settings. Lg are hardly going to leave that out of some TV's unless you bought the cheapest one you could find! 

`This site seems to be populated by helpless cry babies (with the exception of Fametune who figured out, like I did, a solution) The rest of you just stamp your feet and incite someone trying to help everyone, but as I am sorted I hope the rest of you continue to suffer your annoying pop ups for as long as possible. You are simply put a, bunch of new generation Jerks who cant do buggar all for themselves and as for you Alex you arsewipe please delete my membership as I don't want to interact with the nannied, cant do shit all for themselves, inhabitants of a site that is completely pointless. 

1 hour ago, PhylipR said:

`This site seems to be populated by helpless cry babies (with the exception of Fametune who figured out, like I did, a solution) The rest of you just stamp your feet and incite someone trying to help everyone, but as I am sorted I hope the rest of you continue to suffer your annoying pop ups for as long as possible. You are simply put a, bunch of new generation Jerks who cant do buggar all for themselves and as for you Alex you arsewipe please delete my membership as I don't want to interact with the nannied, cant do shit all for themselves, inhabitants of a site that is completely pointless. 

No problem pal.

2 hours ago, PhylipR said:

@ClarksonCote  you are just a helpless ninny unable to something simple and basic for yourself , you wanted me to lead you by the nose,  and I bet if you go into settings in store mode you will find a setting saying store mode settings. Lg are hardly going to leave that out of some TV's unless you bought the cheapest one you could find! 

As far as I can tell, on my TV (or the specific OS version) it seems they just never show those notifications in Store Mode, rather than providing an explicit setting to disable them. 

If only you were as intelligent as you are arrogant...

I've got a calibrated E6V - If I enable store mode, it says settings get reset every few mins.  I wouldn't be happy losing all my settings - can anyone confirm?

I do have quickstart+ in the menu, but it was off.  I switched it on, switched off TV, switched it back off.  Will report if it fixes it.   I don't have any options to disable notifications in home mode.

I too reported it to LG recently and they said that it isn't a known problem.  I think everyone with it should raise a ticket and then they might realise that it's not just one or two people.

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow Members, this is not a solution but a “workaround” on my 4 year old LG B6 OLED:  I connected the TV to the net solely through a very good wireless connection. It has streamed well this way for about a year. Although I would prefer a wired connection, it appears that capability is not possible on my model without the annoying, stupid, pesky messages.

Has LG fixed this bug on the new models?  If not, it may impact future purchases, although I believe the OLED picture is still the best. 

Take Care. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got rid of my lg and got a sony but just spoke to a tv engineer I mentioned the problem with the lg cable not connected etc. He immediately said motherboard said he had done hundreds and said lg have taken the Warranty in store so only they repair under warranty but 1 day after 12 months they are saying take it up with the retailer