Quantcast

Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

Hello everyone, 

I am facing the same issue as wired lan disconnected pop up message appearing every 5 min. This disconnects my netflix and i have to go back and start again. It is very annoying.  My LG tv model is 43UJ6200 . The wireless stopped working altogether so I am using ethernet cable.

I have circled back with internet provider and netflix team, both mentioned connections from their side is fine.  Now I m stuck with this issue.

Has anyone got their issue resolved?  My tv is out of warranty now, so I don't want to call a technician if its of no use. I have already changed motherboard a year back.

Please let me know if anyone got this fixed. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks so much!

Regards, AV

A technician came to the house today and repaired the TV. Unfortunately, I was not here so I don’t know what he did. This was all a result of me calling into LG tech-support and explaining the problem. LG Tech Support acknowledged that it was a known problem and initiated a local contractor to come out and replace a part in the TV.  So far so good after the repair

19 minutes ago, Badblackdog said:

A technician came to the house today and repaired the TV. Unfortunately, I was not here so I don’t know what he did. This was all a result of me calling into LG tech-support and explaining the problem. LG Tech Support acknowledged that it was a known problem and initiated a local contractor to come out and replace a part in the TV.  So far so good after the repair

Maybe call the technician/company and ask for a description of the work and part replaced?

56 minutes ago, Badblackdog said:

Hello,

You mentioned that its a known issue and you were offered free service.  Is your tv still under warranty?  My warranty for the tv has expired so I wonder if they give me free service.  Do you have any data or evidence where it says that its a known issue? May b that might help me claim the technician charges. 

Also, it would be helpful to know what they did to rectify the issue. I am assuming its hardware related.

Thank you!

23 hours ago, Anu said:

Hello everyone, 

I am facing the same issue as wired lan disconnected pop up message appearing every 5 min. This disconnects my netflix and i have to go back and start again. It is very annoying.  My LG tv model is 43UJ6200 . The wireless stopped working altogether so I am using ethernet cable.

I have circled back with internet provider and netflix team, both mentioned connections from their side is fine.  Now I m stuck with this issue.

Has anyone got their issue resolved?  My tv is out of warranty now, so I don't want to call a technician if its of no use. I have already changed motherboard a year back.

Please let me know if anyone got this fixed. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks so much!

Regards, AV

Hi Does the tv say short of memory and needs to restart?

31 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Mine did but I found the answer on another post,

By the way mine also has the "lan not connected "messages also wireless network will not turn on?

Yes , the wireless shows switched off and sometimes shows few network but doesn't connect.  Did you get this resolved?  

31 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Mine did but I found the answer on another post,

By the way mine also has the "lan not connected "messages also wireless network will not turn on?

Yes , the wireless shows switched off and sometimes shows few network but doesn't connect.  Did you get this resolved?  

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this, my LGtv has the same issue. It will randomly display Wired Lan Disconnected / Connected messages, and half the time the tv will not let me turn on the wifi as the option doesn't appear there. We got this tv maybe 2 years ago so I'm not sure of the warranty status on it.

This is a persistent problem experienced by many -including myself, virtually ALWAYS starting virtually after the warranty ends.  I bitched to LG for several months and threatened a class action lawsuit as this is a pernicious issue in three levels: (1) the hard-wired internet goes on and off maddenly, primarily in the evenings, (2) the wifi connection menu becomes UNAVAILABLE further making internet totally unavailable and (3) in our case the sound synchronization being lost even through a single movie.  ASK FOR SUPERVISORY REPONSE....you will have put put up with the BS attempts by "technicians" to fix the problem.  They won't call back as promised to check in with you. Soooo, then call again and struggle through the crappy connection and the almost unintelligible response, hang in there and insist on talking with a supervisor.  Then, if you are lucky or a totally miserable nag, you may get forwarded to "EXECUTIVE SERVICE" with a CLEAR CONNECTION to a HUMAN AMERICAN whom you should be able to convince (I hinted around about a class action lawsuit because this is an ACROSS-THE-BOARD WELL KNOWN ISSUE).  Just today, we got an offer of paid repair for our issue for which the local service company called us just today, after I girded my loins for a final call on this BS.  Hope this helps.

33 minutes ago, William W. said:

This is a persistent problem experienced by many -including myself, virtually ALWAYS starting virtually after the warranty ends.  I bitched to LG for several months and threatened a class action lawsuit as this is a pernicious issue in three levels: (1) the hard-wired internet goes on and off maddenly, primarily in the evenings, (2) the wifi connection menu becomes UNAVAILABLE further making internet totally unavailable and (3) in our case the sound synchronization being lost even through a single movie.  ASK FOR SUPERVISORY REPONSE....you will have put put up with the BS attempts by "technicians" to fix the problem.  They won't call back as promised to check in with you. Soooo, then call again and struggle through the crappy connection and the almost unintelligible response, hang in there and insist on talking with a supervisor.  Then, if you are lucky or a totally miserable nag, you may get forwarded to "EXECUTIVE SERVICE" with a CLEAR CONNECTION to a HUMAN AMERICAN whom you should be able to convince (I hinted around about a class action lawsuit because this is an ACROSS-THE-BOARD WELL KNOWN ISSUE).  Just today, we got an offer of paid repair for our issue for which the local service company called us just today, after I girded my loins for a final call on this BS.  Hope this helps.

So don't buy LG TVs in the future, gotcha

10 hours ago, James Julian said:

So don't buy LG TVs in the future, gotcha

I am in the UK and all calls end up in India talking to people who cannot speak English,

The tv is probably 2 years old got it from my son in law he bought it new and used it as a monitor so never connected to internet, he then decided on a better one when mine packed up he sold me this cheap,  he only used it a couple of months, I hate LG I had one before cost me a fortune picture took 20 minuets to start and the sound was crap, I had new circuit board new speakers, still did not work, I had to accept this as money a bit tight at the moment with the virus, so I don't expect any help from LG!

Guys, I had this problem on my LG 49UH770V. It was always hard wired to my router, never tested wireless. I constantly had the LAN disconnected and reconnected problem. This however stopped happening when I upgraded my old Ethernet cables (connected to my TV, Sky Q and PS4) to these: 

link hidden, please login to view

This is the link, although the title has changed so I'm not sure if they are the exact same ones.  

Hope this helps.

On 6/15/2020 at 8:52 PM, Badblackdog said:

So a month later...has the fix stuck? We have the same problem and I'm debating between fighting LG about it or just buying a new TV.  Was yours under warranty still and that's why they covered it or are they covering it for everyone?

4 hours ago, William W. said:

Mine was the usual 1-1/2 years.  Technician is due Monday 20th July.  They will be bringing motherboard to cover cable disconnect issue and sound synchronization issues, plus wifi connector to reestablish wifi connection menu.  LG is paying for it. 

Is it under warranty? If not how is LG paying for the same?  Are they fixing it for everyone?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 9:00 PM, Monz87 said:

Guys, I had this problem on my LG 49UH770V. It was always hard wired to my router, never tested wireless. I constantly had the LAN disconnected and reconnected problem. This however stopped happening when I upgraded my old Ethernet cables (connected to my TV, Sky Q and PS4) to these: 

link hidden, please login to view

This is the link, although the title has changed so I'm not sure if they are the exact same ones.  

Hope this helps.

I bought all new of the above connectors replaced all the old one's with these, made no difference at all, so save your money folks!

• 1 month later...

Hi

For my part I have the message on the connection and disconnection of the network cable I look at the options on my manageable switch, different cables and options to disable on the TV menu but without conviction and certainty ...

This notification story is completely crazy, I've been browsing the forum it's been appearing for 5 years on a multitude of problems it would just be enough to have an option in web os to be bothered or not to be bothered with a notification bubble as it is the case on IOS/ANDROID/MACOS/WINDOWS OS!

PLEASE THE DEVELOPERS OF LG WEBOS ADD US A BOX TO CHECK TO ACTIVATE OR DEACTIVATE POP-UP NOTIFICATIONS sound easy for 5 years complaint of people about that !!!

• 1 month later...

Ive been having this message constantly flashing on my TV.  Wired Lan disconnected followed by Wired Network connected. I replaced the Ethernet cable form my router to TV and still getting the message. I noticed people having the same problem dating back to 2018...thats the year i purchased my TV.  I wonder if it a defect with this model TV?  Can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this for months on my LG C9  (OLED55C9PTA).  Frequently when it happens, it also triggers a problem with one of my HDMI-connected devices suddenly failing e.g. AMP drops audio, or my BluRay is "discovered"even though it's turned off. 

I've tried turning off CEC and all the various "magic"device management features with no result. Ethernet and HDMI cables have been replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

The solution is simple and I guarantee it works. Go to Settings-General-Scroll down to Home/Store Mode wher you will easily find the option to turn on or off messages in the upper right of the screen. I had the message Wired Lan cable is disconnected quckly followed by Wired Lan Cable connected appearing constantly and after the above fix all messages stopped for good! My messages began after the recent update to the Disney App the update must have somehow switched on the messages for the upper right of screen by voodoo. Anyway it is the fix that everyone seeks. But how utterly amazing the Technicians at LG don't even know where the issue lies! I have read of service calls parts changed etc. etc. when it is just a simple act of using the menus! Happy Days. 

There is no option to turn off messages in Home mode.

It's not just the messages that are the problem. As soon as the Wired Lan Cable disconnected/Connected message appears ( which appears even if you're using WIFI and there is no LAN cable), but there is a subsequent problem with other HDMI connected devices being triggered by this event.

MikeWWW You do not need to be in home mode, you go to store mode turn off the messages and then go back to home mode, and the messages are gone for good. Is that too difficult to understand??  Also I am not interested in any alleged HDMI events ,as I did not have any. I am trying to help people who have the constant annoying pop up messages in the top right hand of the screen. 

The fact is the option of turning off the annoying messages,is in the store mode section, and I assume LG put it there so when the TV is on display the distracting and annoying messages don't show and spoil chances of a sale! However the fact is when the option to display or not is turned off in store mode that selection is for the whole TV not just store mode okay?

20 hours ago, PhylipR said:

The solution is simple and I guarantee it works. Go to Settings-General-Scroll down to Home/Store Mode wher you will easily find the option to turn on or off messages in the upper right of the screen. I had the message Wired Lan cable is disconnected quckly followed by Wired Lan Cable connected appearing constantly and after the above fix all messages stopped for good! My messages began after the recent update to the Disney App the update must have somehow switched on the messages for the upper right of screen by voodoo. Anyway it is the fix that everyone seeks. But how utterly amazing the Technicians at LG don't even know where the issue lies! I have read of service calls parts changed etc. etc. when it is just a simple act of using the menus! Happy Days. 

Can you elaborate a bit?  I tried enabling store mode as you suggest, but I don't see any option to turn off messages in the upper right of the screen.  Does that option only appear when the disconnected message appears? Is there a screenshot you could share?  Just trying to discern if this is a potential fix for my own TV, as I would love to have these messages disappear for good.

Elaborate? Lad do you need a nanny? Set TV into store mode okay? re-open settings as normal and go to "general" then scroll right down to the bottom where you will see a setting that says "Store mode settings" and lo and behold even Stevie Wonder will see the setting to turn off notifications. Lad I am in my 70's and even I had little trouble figuring it out. As I said in my original post I guarantee this is the solution. I see no more annoying Wired Network or any other messages since discovering the solution. After you uncheck the notifications box just switch back to Home Mode and that is it result. It makes no difference that the option to switch notifications on or off is in Store Mode settings as the settings work on the "whole" TV.   

11 hours ago, PhylipR said:

MikeWWW You do not need to be in home mode, you go to store mode turn off the messages and then go back to home mode, and the messages are gone for good. Is that too difficult to understand??  Also I am not interested in any alleged HDMI events ,as I did not have any. I am trying to help people who have the constant annoying pop up messages in the top right hand of the screen. 

The fact is the option of turning off the annoying messages,is in the store mode section, and I assume LG put it there so when the TV is on display the distracting and annoying messages don't show and spoil chances of a sale! However the fact is when the option to display or not is turned off in store mode that selection is for the whole TV not just store mode okay?

1. Disguising symptoms doesn't address the underlying problem.

2. Your guaranteed solution doesn't work to hide the connection/reconnection messages.  The store setting probably refers to a different class of messages that appear near the top right hand corner, regarding system updates, license changes etc.