Quantcast

Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

9 hours ago, PhylipR said:

My fix is the following, and is guaranteed to solve the issue with these annoying messages. Firstly my Router is in my kitchen and TV in the sitting room, too far and awkward for a lengthy Ethernet cable. So I bought a top of the range TP link Range Extender, RE650 model. Originally connected to my LG SK8000PLB by Ethernet cable. Like everyone else each time my Router blinked for a split second up came the message Wired Lan cable disconnected, immediately followed by Wired Lan cable connected. Now the easy and permanent fix is simply this, you buy a USB 3 to Ethernet adapter, plug the Ethernet cable from your Range Extender into the Ethernet end of the adapter and plug the USB end into a spare slot on your TV and you have internet connection. Your TV will now report in settings that you are not connected either by wired or Wifi connection. So therefore you will never see the annoying messages again. An added bonus is that as your TV Ethernet port is 10/100 you now increase the speed that your TV is getting from your Internet connection. For example I have gigabit and on Netflix speed test before using USB connection I was getting 94 mbs max, I am now getting 310 mbs on Netflix test. When you initially connect your Internet via USB it will take a few moments for your TV to adjust but it is only moments. I promise this is the solution, my soundbar still works perfectly and all visuals are as they should be. The reason I tried this solution and found it works perfectly is my upstairs PC internet connection  was slow  so used the same method for it, and decided to try it on my TV and problem of annoying messages are permanently in the past. I think I have proven it is not an LG TV problem but regular split second disconnects by the Router. The USB to Ethernet adapters are cheap on Amazon and you could use any range extender with an Ethernet port on it.    

My router is literally next to the TV next to the inlet on the wall, constant 50mps , the wireless button is faded so cannot use but I literally cannot get nearer the router and I still have this problem!

• Like 1

@PhylipR That is an innovative and interesting fix, although a bit expensive at around AUD$150 + usb Ethernet adaptor. I guess it seems to prove that the Ethernet chip Driver, and the API (software layers) on top of that have big issues, or at least "timer" issues. By that, I mean inside a lot of software, there are "timers" for "waiting" for an event. With IP (TCP/IP, Internet protocol),  The Internet is a very large and variable "data space" where data packets can come and go unreliably, mainly because of bottlenecks, and routing issues, as well as web-server performance variabilities. Many of the "timer values" recommended for the TCP/IP protocol were documented years ago, when the hardware (servers, routers, DNS servers etc) were very much slower and less powerful than todays systems. Plus of course the VAST increase in both user number and device numbers that are now "connected" over time, has tended to dlute that technology shift, where gains are now negated by sheer vast numbers and far higher complexity. Even my new Fridge has an IP adress!!

All that raises the chance that those "old spec" timer values (see the RFC docs - started in around 1974 for TCP-/P), being totally unrealistic in todays high-speed internet requirements. What makes the problem even worse, is that many Software Developers rely on "Libraries" of standard "routines" (Object code libraries) to perform specific tasks within a large API/Driver/Interface, or collectivley an "APP". I suspect that MANY devices (including Smart TV's) are still running on outdated "library" code inside the Drivers and API's and "APPS". 

Now those libraries might not have been updated to the latest software, but the "company servers" still provide them, and they work, and they "link" to make a viable and workable "APP" or driver. However, it may contain an untold amout of "bugs", or even "vulerabilities", until said developer company updates their "software libraries".

As many are finding on this forum "There is no such thing as perfect software"!! Going back to the thread points - someone quoted an LG engineer saying that "The WiFi card module has a design fault, and is kicking in when it should not". That may well be part of the issue, BUT, with a properly written Software Driver, both on THAT AND the Ethernet interface side, they should NOT be getting in the way of each other, when ONE SIDE is still active. All operating systems that I have worked with, have had the ability to "ignore" or "defer" interrupts from unwanted sources or data lines.   That SHOULD include WebOS!!

• Confused 1

On 7/6/2018 at 7:16 PM, John Bizeray said:

I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.

Hi

I had the same problem. Called LG customer service. What they proposed: add  DNS: 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 or 1.1.1.1 and that's it. It solved the problem for me. They told me that common situation after updates. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 6:41 AM, Steel said:

Hi! Did anybody with that problem restarted their internet operator's router after updating the Tv ? Or when the network message pop up ? I ask this by curiosity 
Thanks

I did everything and like I said add DNS and that is it. It solves the problem. Also you could disable IP6. That was also suggested by LG support. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if these messages can be stopped by disconnecting the cable from the wireless board?

I read on this forum that the wireless has priority over the ethernet hard wired  connection, so I am wondering if disconnecting the wireless board will finally stop these recurring annoying messages.

49 minutes ago, Michael H said:

Does anyone know if these messages can be stopped by disconnecting the cable from the wireless board?

I read on this forum that the wireless has priority over the ethernet hard wired  connection, so I am wondering if disconnecting the wireless board will finally stop these recurring annoying messages.

Did you try to add DNS? 

On 5/8/2021 at 5:27 PM, Patryk said:

Did you try to add DNS? 

I added DNS and it still happens. So yes, disconnecting the cable solves the issue but renders it a dumb TV. I'm using Apple TV anyway, but it's crazy that LG will not address it. There should be a class action done. 

10 hours ago, S G said:

I added DNS and it still happens. So yes, disconnecting the cable solves the issue but renders it a dumb TV. I'm using Apple TV anyway, but it's crazy that LG will not address it. There should be a class action done. 

Have you tried the solution I posted earlier. Take the back of tv off and straighten all the wires. This is what causes the no wifi and gets rid of the messages. Simple task.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 9:12 AM, PhylipR said:

My fix is the following, and is guaranteed to solve the issue with these annoying messages. Firstly my Router is in my kitchen and TV in the sitting room, too far and awkward for a lengthy Ethernet cable. So I bought a top of the range TP link Range Extender, RE650 model. Originally connected to my LG SK8000PLB by Ethernet cable. Like everyone else each time my Router blinked for a split second up came the message Wired Lan cable disconnected, immediately followed by Wired Lan cable connected. Now the easy and permanent fix is simply this, you buy a USB 3 to Ethernet adapter, plug the Ethernet cable from your Range Extender into the Ethernet end of the adapter and plug the USB end into a spare slot on your TV and you have internet connection. Your TV will now report in settings that you are not connected either by wired or Wifi connection. So therefore you will never see the annoying messages again. An added bonus is that as your TV Ethernet port is 10/100 you now increase the speed that your TV is getting from your Internet connection. For example I have gigabit and on Netflix speed test before using USB connection I was getting 94 mbs max, I am now getting 310 mbs on Netflix test. When you initially connect your Internet via USB it will take a few moments for your TV to adjust but it is only moments. I promise this is the solution, my soundbar still works perfectly and all visuals are as they should be. The reason I tried this solution and found it works perfectly is my upstairs PC internet connection  was slow  so used the same method for it, and decided to try it on my TV and problem of annoying messages are permanently in the past. I think I have proven it is not an LG TV problem but regular split second disconnects by the Router. The USB to Ethernet adapters are cheap on

link hidden, please login to view
and you could use any range extender with an Ethernet port on it.    

Hi... I have tried this fix but did not have any success. Unfortunately when I plug in the cable via the USB port, no internet connection is established. I suspect that there needs to be some kind of driver installed  in order for the  ethernet to USB converter to work?? 

On 5/13/2021 at 8:34 AM, S G said:

Class action anyone?

6 hours ago, ClarksonCote said:

Knock on wood, but I haven’t seen this problem at all since the latest firmware update. 

My E6V got an update last week.  I still get the error.  On top of that when I switch it on now, I get the WebOS menu displayed for 5 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 1:13 PM, GroteBerg said:

Hi,

My almost 4 years old LG 55UJ6510 had several issues for a long time:

- muliple messages connect/disconnect  on the ethernet connection to my router 
   replaced the cable, without result
- magic control didn't work most of the time
- tv  lost power without any cause and started up again  automatically (sometimes 3 times in 5 minutes)

My solution:

I cleaned the ethernet connector. I scrapped the contacts thoroughly with a very small screwdriver.
Started up the tv set and all the issues are gone.
I did this about 2 weeks ago and tv set works like new.

So in my opinion the connector contacs had corrosion and interfered with eachother causing pulses that influenced the tv software and hardware.

Maybe this can be of any help for others facing the same kind of problems .

I did same, and opened tv and unplugged and plugged back the wifi flat cable, remove some dust...

Tv is working as normal as before.

Hope it helps

Edit: I had remote control problems, the cursor never moved. It has fixed now

I tried every solution mentioned except one, removing the back and straightening/flattening the wifi module cables because I have a 65" model and would have to handle it myself. Well I bit the bullet and got it down and after flattening the cables I have not had the notification in the past 11 days.

This appears to have fixed it and also fixed the issue of the wifi being off and no way to turn it on. Wifi is working now like it always has. I have had this TV for more than 2 1/2 years. 

So if you haven't tried this, give it a try. Hope this helps.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:44 PM, Tider said:

I called LG customer service and they wanted  me to do a total reset on the tv.   I was  afraid it would wipe out my calibration that was done by a professional calibrator , so I didn’t try it.   

There has had to be some solution.   

Hi, I did this and the tele was fine for the whole of a month!!
i lost my data for Prime and had to rejoin.

I also have problems with the tele freezing for a couple of seconds then unfreezing and speeding up to catch up! This happens when watching Netflix and Prime, I don’t know if this is my broadband or tele. 

On 4/17/2021 at 1:49 AM, [email protected] said:

My router is literally next to the TV next to the inlet on the wall, constant 50mps , the wireless button is faded so cannot use but I literally cannot get nearer the router and I still have this problem!

I had a similar issue (constant LAN disconnect messages in addition to no wireless connection detected, as well as frequent reboots and interrupted streaming on things like Netflix with the 25% issue) dealt with this for a couple of years trying various things suggested on here, new cable, router, even swapping out the main board with the Ethernet connector to no avail.

Now that I’ve been running for about a month error free, I’m confident to post how I fixed it. Basically I did all of the above and found the fix to be the uncrimping of the WiFi board cable inside the TV.  Even though I don’t use wireless to connect Internet to the TV, it is evident that the signal bouncing of the WiFi board caused by the overly-crimped cable causes the microcontroller on the main board to malfunction over time.  Basically follow this: https://youtu.be/gRrBZ2Eu5-I

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, Lynda2 said:

Hi, I did this and the tele was fine for the whole of a month!!
i lost my data for Prime and had to rejoin.

I also have problems with the tele freezing for a couple of seconds then unfreezing and speeding up to catch up! This happens when watching Netflix and Prime, I don’t know if this is my broadband or tele. 

I too have this issue with it "freezing", it happens not only on netflix, prime, but also Tablo, AND reguluar over the air channels.  The sound goes away for a couple of seconds as well.  I also have the network cable disconnect/reconnect message from time to time, and also the "magic" remote isn't so magic anymore.  Ugh.  I see many suggestions.  I'm going to try the suggestion of un-crimping the cable, and see what happens.  I'm wondering if there's some sort of internal conflict with the networking, i.e. bluetooth, wifi, lan, and the processor just going into overload and cannnot catch up.  One thing is for sure.  With this many people having similar issues, this, is justification for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against LG.  Any lawyers out there paying attention?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 9:20 PM, alterniTECH said:

I too have this issue with it "freezing", it happens not only on netflix, prime, but also Tablo, AND reguluar over the air channels.  The sound goes away for a couple of seconds as well.  I also have the network cable disconnect/reconnect message from time to time, and also the "magic" remote isn't so magic anymore.  Ugh.  I see many suggestions.  I'm going to try the suggestion of un-crimping the cable, and see what happens.  I'm wondering if there's some sort of internal conflict with the networking, i.e. bluetooth, wifi, lan, and the processor just going into overload and cannnot catch up.  One thing is for sure.  With this many people having similar issues, this, is justification for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against LG.  Any lawyers out there paying attention?

UPDATE:  So after reading some of the recommendations about the issue of "Network Disconnected" on LG TV's, and FREEZING, sound stopping on LG TV's, I decided to follow some of them.  And, thusfare, I have solved my problem.  What I did:

I laid the TV on my bed, face down.  I removed all the visible screws on the back panel and removed it.  I found that there are some "ribbon cables" (They're called that because they resemble ribbon material) that have tight bends, and are taped together going from the system board down to the lower center of the TV where the power button and the WIFI card is.  I carefully removed the tape holding them tightly together, and carefully straightened the cables out (as best as possible, you won't be able to really straighten them) where they had tight bends.  I then tightened the screws that hold the system boards (two boards) to its frame, they were pretty loose.   I also gently pushed on the connection points of the ribbon cables to assure tight connection.  (NOTE:  On my TV, the lower portion where the wifi network card and power button is located has a plastic frame of sorts that I too losened to be able to get to those cables properly).  I then put everything back together, and, I am happy to say, NO MORE PROBLEM.  So, in my case (and more than likely in yours too) it appears to be a cabling issue where overtime the laws of gravity mess things up (and/or transportation of the unit) losening things up like the connections and/or screws).  So, I'm a happy customer on my own account.  I hope this is helpful.  PROBLEM SOLVED.  (On another note, turning off notifications or disabling features  or other items via the settings on the TV is not a fix, I don't recommend doing so).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

LG Customer Service IS A JOKE!  They offer no support for this defective piece of garbage that chronically "Connects" then "Disconnects".  It's as enjoyable as sleeping in a nest of BedBugs.  During the height of the Pandemic, they were never available and now refuse to fess-uo to their MIS-DEEDS.  They SUCK; THEY KNOW IT; and worse... THEY DON'T CARE! 

• Confused 1

The TVs have 10/100 ethernet. I always had bandwidth limit especially when streaming 80-100GB movies without any compression. 
I switched from wired to wireless 5GHz and it works perfectly.

Strange why even high priced premium models don't have a gbps ethernet. 

even stranger the problem you mentioned with the disconnections.

• 3 months later...
On 7/21/2021 at 1:58 PM, alterniTECH said:

UPDATE:  So after reading some of the recommendations about the issue of "Network Disconnected" on LG TV's, and FREEZING, sound stopping on LG TV's, I decided to follow some of them.  And, thusfare, I have solved my problem.  What I did:

I laid the TV on my bed, face down.  I removed all the visible screws on the back panel and removed it.  I found that there are some "ribbon cables" (They're called that because they resemble ribbon material) that have tight bends, and are taped together going from the system board down to the lower center of the TV where the power button and the WIFI card is.  I carefully removed the tape holding them tightly together, and carefully straightened the cables out (as best as possible, you won't be able to really straighten them) where they had tight bends.  I then tightened the screws that hold the system boards (two boards) to its frame, they were pretty loose.   I also gently pushed on the connection points of the ribbon cables to assure tight connection.  (NOTE:  On my TV, the lower portion where the wifi network card and power button is located has a plastic frame of sorts that I too losened to be able to get to those cables properly).  I then put everything back together, and, I am happy to say, NO MORE PROBLEM.  So, in my case (and more than likely in yours too) it appears to be a cabling issue where overtime the laws of gravity mess things up (and/or transportation of the unit) losening things up like the connections and/or screws).  So, I'm a happy customer on my own account.  I hope this is helpful.  PROBLEM SOLVED.  (On another note, turning off notifications or disabling features  or other items via the settings on the TV is not a fix, I don't recommend doing so).

WAU !!! 

My TV LG 65SK8100PLA was have a several problems, FREEZING, FREEZING SOUND, Network DISCONNECTED, SLOW DOWN, MAGIC REMOTE NOT WORK.

My way to solution ?

1. unscrew back of TV - there is a lot of screw - be careful all are not be same !! Remeber position of screw ! (you must put down stand too)

2. carefully put back cover out - its holding you will need a plastic tool to make it free, its holding on sides.

3. on my TV you must unscrew plastic on bottom of tv - there under is wifi card - be careful through the bottom holder there are several cables that you have to loosen before removing. ( be careful all screw are not be same !! Remeber position of screw ! 4 on up, 2 on bottom)

4. pull the white ribbon cable out of the motherboard - lift the black fuse before pulling it out!

5. now you can take bottom plastic out - now you can see your wifi card and STUPID RIBBON CABLE. 

6. on my TV ribbon cable have two lines - one to wifi, second to switch. 

7.  CAREFULLY cut the last blue ribbon and choose the ribbon cables that lead to the wifi card. As you can see from the card, the cables are extremely broken.

8. Loosen the gray tape holding the ribbon cable, and straighten the broken cables. I taped the cables with double-sided adhesive tape and glued them straight up. 

9. Clean the ribbon cable with IPA (isopropyl alcohol) before you take it back to the motherboard - double check that you have inserted the connector into the board correctly. Secure with a  black fuse.

10. now you can take all parts back.

11. DONE

I have 100% function back for my TV. All functions are back - no freezing, magic remote working all time, no disconnecting wifi and lan. Im super happy now.

THX - alterniTECH 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm writing to thank the posters frenkygo and alterniTech and many others before them for all their insite into this problem. I have an OLED65B7P which has been displaying intermittent problems with the magic remote (mainly the bluetooth enabled functions), with the frequent pop-up  "wired lan cable disconnected" messages,  and with hesitation of images on streaming while using ethernet connection, and on having no WiFi function at all (No way to turn on Wifi).  These communication issues recently culminated in most streaming and bluetooth functions failing almost completely.

After reading this entire thread, plus a few others found elsewhere, plus viewing a few videos on the subject, the solution that made the most sense to my mind is that the connector that connects the ribbon cables to the wifi module had suffered oxidation and connections that are noisy or broken. I have some training and experience in electronics, and the other potential fixes did not make it through my mental filter as making much sense. However, a bad connection on a critical high speed communication port, like the one to this wifi module, can have the effect of confusing the main board comm controller firmware, and causing constant interruptions thereby using up processing bandwidth. In the final stages of my problem, I even noticed that simple commands from the remote, like MUTE, were responded to very slowly, which reinforced my opinion that processors are overloaded with interruptions.

I also assumed that Bluetooth was also handled through the Wifi module, which would explain why I could no longer register my remote.

This solution is also consistent with those that fixed their tv by unfolding the ribbon cables because those folds are very close to the module connection, and the process of unfolding these would certainly jiggle this tiny connector enough to clean up connections through the wiping action of the internal contacts. Any slight movement of the connector relative to the module is likely to clear the problem. To my knowledge, I don't believe that those folds are the fundamental root of the problem. Their performance and behaviour is unlikely to change over time, and since the ribbons are shielded types, they are not likely to interfere with each other any more after a couple of years than when they left the factory. I may be wrong on that, and to be sure, I also unfolded my ribbon cables. There is no downside to doing this as long as you don't cause those ribbons to be caught between things on re-assembly.

While doing the fix, I attempted to brush the connector pins with isopropyl alcohol and push the connector in and out at least 5 times. The connector is tiny, so its hard to say if the alcohol  helped.   I have no idea how long this fix will last before oxidation once again rears its ugly head, but confident that a half hour of minor surgery can fix it again.

To sum up, my TV is now working perfectly.  The magic remote registers immediately and performs as new.  Hesitation on streaming sources is gone.  I believe that this has also cleared the problem of the popup messages "Lan cable disconnected" followed by "lan cable connected", but need to give it some time for proof.  I think all problems have all been eliminated.

Edit: Jan 3: Yes indeed the recurring popup messages about "lan cable disconnected" are gone.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 3:06 AM, frenkygo said:

WAU !!! 

My TV LG 65SK8100PLA was have a several problems, FREEZING, FREEZING SOUND, Network DISCONNECTED, SLOW DOWN, MAGIC REMOTE NOT WORK.

My way to solution ?

1. unscrew back of TV - there is a lot of screw - be careful all are not be same !! Remeber position of screw ! (you must put down stand too)

2. carefully put back cover out - its holding you will need a plastic tool to make it free, its holding on sides.

3. on my TV you must unscrew plastic on bottom of tv - there under is wifi card - be careful through the bottom holder there are several cables that you have to loosen before removing. ( be careful all screw are not be same !! Remeber position of screw ! 4 on up, 2 on bottom)

4. pull the white ribbon cable out of the motherboard - lift the black fuse before pulling it out!

5. now you can take bottom plastic out - now you can see your wifi card and STUPID RIBBON CABLE. 

6. on my TV ribbon cable have two lines - one to wifi, second to switch. 

7.  CAREFULLY cut the last blue ribbon and choose the ribbon cables that lead to the wifi card. As you can see from the card, the cables are extremely broken.

8. Loosen the gray tape holding the ribbon cable, and straighten the broken cables. I taped the cables with double-sided adhesive tape and glued them straight up. 

9. Clean the ribbon cable with IPA (isopropyl alcohol) before you take it back to the motherboard - double check that you have inserted the connector into the board correctly. Secure with a  black fuse.

10. now you can take all parts back.

11. DONE

I have 100% function back for my TV. All functions are back - no freezing, magic remote working all time, no disconnecting wifi and lan. Im super happy now.

THX - alterniTECH 

Glad your TV is working now.  Mine is still working flawlessly, couldn't be happier.  I hope others that are having this problem give this a try!  I wonder how many have been thrown away because of this, such an easy fix!!

On 12/31/2021 at 2:32 PM, RadioRon said:

I'm writing to thank the posters frenkygo and alterniTech and many others before them for all their insite into this problem. I have an OLED65B7P which has been displaying intermittent problems with the magic remote (mainly the bluetooth enabled functions), with the frequent pop-up  "wired lan cable disconnected" messages,  and with hesitation of images on streaming while using ethernet connection, and on having no WiFi function at all (No way to turn on Wifi).  These communication issues recently culminated in most streaming and bluetooth functions failing almost completely.

After reading this entire thread, plus a few others found elsewhere, plus viewing a few videos on the subject, the solution that made the most sense to my mind is that the connector that connects the ribbon cables to the wifi module had suffered oxidation and connections that are noisy or broken. I have some training and experience in electronics, and the other potential fixes did not make it through my mental filter as making much sense. However, a bad connection on a critical high speed communication port, like the one to this wifi module, can have the effect of confusing the main board comm controller firmware, and causing constant interruptions thereby using up processing bandwidth. In the final stages of my problem, I even noticed that simple commands from the remote, like MUTE, were responded to very slowly, which reinforced my opinion that processors are overloaded with interruptions.

I also assumed that Bluetooth was also handled through the Wifi module, which would explain why I could no longer register my remote.

This solution is also consistent with those that fixed their tv by unfolding the ribbon cables because those folds are very close to the module connection, and the process of unfolding these would certainly jiggle this tiny connector enough to clean up connections through the wiping action of the internal contacts. Any slight movement of the connector relative to the module is likely to clear the problem. To my knowledge, I don't believe that those folds are the fundamental root of the problem. Their performance and behaviour is unlikely to change over time, and since the ribbons are shielded types, they are not likely to interfere with each other any more after a couple of years than when they left the factory. I may be wrong on that, and to be sure, I also unfolded my ribbon cables. There is no downside to doing this as long as you don't cause those ribbons to be caught between things on re-assembly.

While doing the fix, I attempted to brush the connector pins with isopropyl alcohol and push the connector in and out at least 5 times. The connector is tiny, so its hard to say if the alcohol  helped.   I have no idea how long this fix will last before oxidation once again rears its ugly head, but confident that a half hour of minor surgery can fix it again.

To sum up, my TV is now working perfectly.  The magic remote registers immediately and performs as new.  Hesitation on streaming sources is gone.  I believe that this has also cleared the problem of the popup messages "Lan cable disconnected" followed by "lan cable connected", but need to give it some time for proof.  I think all problems have all been eliminated.

Edit: Jan 3: Yes indeed the recurring popup messages about "lan cable disconnected" are gone.

This is great!  Mine too continue to works.  No more problems!

• 3 weeks later...

This solution also fixed my LG 42UJ6200. A year ago, my WiFi connection became spotty. Videos on YouTube would play with lower and lower resolution, until they started to frequently freeze up for a few seconds and then speed up to catch back up. The sound always worked fine, the video was the only problem. I switched from WiFi to a wired connection, and the TV worked fine again until recently when it started behaving the same exact way as it had before. After removing the back of the TV, disconnecting the ribbon cables, straightening them out, cleaning the ends of the ribbon cables and the connectors on the board both with rubbing alcohol and reassembling everything, the TV appears to work a million times better. I also notice that the TV is more responsive to my remote, which was definitely sluggish before. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 1:58 PM, alterniTECH said:

Hello, I am writing to you from Italy, I had the same problems described here, slow remote control, apps like youtube lag or block for no reason, the continuous pop up of the messag “ethernet cable inserted / disconnected”, in short, a total mess. thanks to this procedure I solved the problem on my LG 55UJ750V. Maybe I also understood why LG has never given us an answer, I have worked for years in the assembly of electronic equipment and what I have seen in the boards and connections looks like the work of an unskilled worker ... some flat cables badly connected and a fixing screw was missing… in short LG could not help as they could not admit their low quality assembly…