Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

ajmboy

Cutting the Cord - Dropping Cable TV Discussion

So for everyone that has a smart TV, do you still have cable service with a cable box? I'm in the US, so mostly interested to see if people are migrating away from Comcast, Verizon Fios, and services like that with a cable box to streaming services like Direct TV Now, Hulu, Youtube TV, Sling, etc. 

I have Verizon Fios currently and need to use their equipment. I'm noticing more and more that we aren't watching scheduled tv anymore and just "whenever" watching. My two young children mostly watch youtube these days.  So I'm thinking of youtube TV maybe? Not sure. 

I cut the cord about two months ago.  No more $275/mo cable bills.  Cancelled Comcast and order Verizon internet (1GBt) for $89.99.  Added Youtube TV and Philo and I have almost everything I had before for about $146.  Quality is just as good and I have not been throttled.  You can add, drop  HBO, Showtime whenever it suits you.  There has been a bit of a learning curve but not terrible.  BTW, I still use my apple TV to stream.  I'm not thrilled with the quality of native youtube TV app.  It's probably a setting, I just haven't figured it out just yet.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• LG to show webOS Smart Fridge at CES 2017

The news out today as reported by Pulse News is that LG is planning to debut a webOS powered smart fridge this coming week at CES 2017. So what we know now is that webOS will be shown on TVs (we have that now), the new projector, signage (we have that now), and now a smart fridge! Stay tuned as it looks like the webOS ecosystem is growing!         According to the consumer-electronics industry Sunday, LG will unveil its smart fridge which runs webOS at CES 2017 to be held from Jan. 5 to 8

in LG webOS Smart Refrigerator

• Question: gigabit ethernet on smart TV

Hello, Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Invalid Service

I  have just bought an LG Smart Tv and have tuned it in via freeview and the guide shows that i have all the channels installed. However I am a Racing tv subscriber and the guide shows channel 261 as installed but when i try to access it I get a message saying 'Invalid Service' with an animation and a blank screen. I had no issues with my previous tv so am a little baffled by the fact that i cant receive racing tv on my brand new LG tv. Is this a compatibility problem or is that i need a flash p

• Question: Invalid Service

I've just bought a new LG 49" Smart Tv. I've tuned it in and all the channels show as installed but when I try to access channel 261 (Racing Tv) I get an 'Invalid Service ' message. Has anyone else come across this message and if so can they tell me why I'm getting it and what I need to do to rectify it? Many thanks Neversaydie  

• Question: Cannot play mp3 from phone to smart TV

Hi I am trying to stream and display my favorite song collections on a smart TV, all failed. I had previously used samsung s3 to connect via bluetooth, but when i used iphone x to connect, the system reported an incompatible error. Can someone tell me why the connection was not successful? Here are the songs I want to play on my TV: https://klingeltonekostenlos.com/musik/ Thanks in advance  

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions