Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

ajmboy

Cutting the Cord - Dropping Cable TV Discussion

So for everyone that has a smart TV, do you still have cable service with a cable box? I'm in the US, so mostly interested to see if people are migrating away from Comcast, Verizon Fios, and services like that with a cable box to streaming services like Direct TV Now, Hulu, Youtube TV, Sling, etc. 

I have Verizon Fios currently and need to use their equipment. I'm noticing more and more that we aren't watching scheduled tv anymore and just "whenever" watching. My two young children mostly watch youtube these days.  So I'm thinking of youtube TV maybe? Not sure. 

I cut the cord about two months ago.  No more $275/mo cable bills.  Cancelled Comcast and order Verizon internet (1GBt) for $89.99.  Added Youtube TV and Philo and I have almost everything I had before for about $146.  Quality is just as good and I have not been throttled.  You can add, drop  HBO, Showtime whenever it suits you.  There has been a bit of a learning curve but not terrible.  BTW, I still use my apple TV to stream.  I'm not thrilled with the quality of native youtube TV app.  It's probably a setting, I just haven't figured it out just yet.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Question: gigabit ethernet on smart TV

Hello, Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Hulu is Ending Support For 2014 and Earlier LG Smart TVs

Hulu will be ending support for LG smart TVs running the Hulu app version 1.1 starting on July 24th, 2019.  Hulu has confirmed that LG TVs made in 2014 and earlier with webos 3.0 will no longer be supported. Supported LG models You can download the Hulu app on a variety of supported devices, but the content and features that you have access to will vary depending on your plan and the version of our app that your device supports. Latest Hulu app Some LG models support the late

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: Zee5 app was there in my LG smart TV

Zee5 app was working fine in my TV, I bought premium account and loged in in TV but still it was not playing premium videos so I reset the settings in TV now I am not seeing the zee5 app itself.  Any suggestions please 

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.

• DUMBEST SMART TV EVER CONCEIVED

LIKE THOUSANDS OF OTHERS I WANTED TO SAVE MONEY BY CUTTING THE CORD AND GET RID OF CABLE. I GUESS THAT WAS MY FIRST MISTAKE. I SEARCHED ONLINE FOR OVER A MONTH FOR A SMART TV WITHIN MY PRICE RANGE.  LOOKED AT EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF BEFORE I MADE A DECISION. ON EVERY THING I LOOKED AT NOTHING EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE MEMORY CAPACITY OF ANY SMART TV THAT I LOOKED AT SO I DIDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. THAT WAS ANOTHER MISTAKE. I FINALLY DECIDED TO GET AN LG BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE 2 LG SMART PHON