Quantcast

Popup messages: Wired Lan cable disconnected / Wired network is connected

I had 2 of the problems mentioned here. I kept getting the LAN disconnected / reconnected messages and my Wi-Fi connection did not work at all. The message was "Wi-Fi not turned on" and it would never give me a list of available Wi-Fi connections. After reading much of this thread and other places on the web, including YouTube, I decided to give this a try. Removing the screws from back of my 50UK6090PUA was the easy part. (Except for the one cleverly hidden among the RCA jacks.) Releasing all the clips around the edges was a challenge. An old credit card would probably be a good tool for this job. 

Instead of alcohol I used spray electronic contact cleaner. Home Depot lists at least 3 brands, but only one was in stock at my local store. I didn't do any thing with the 90 turns (a 45 degree crease) as this is pretty normal procedure for routing ribbon cable and I felt I might do more harm than good trying to straighten them. I did find one place the looked very crimped right where 2 ribbons were entering my Wi-Fi card. I straightened this one and sprayed both ends of the ribbons connecting the mother board to the Wi-Fi board and around the ethernet connector. 

Putting it all back together was extra simple. Both of my problems are now gone and I am especially happy to be done with the irritating LAN pop-up messages. Thanks to everyone here that volunteered their solutions. Without the encouragement I probably wouldn't have tried this solution.

Just wanted to thank everyone who shared their solutions here. My 65UJ6200 TV was also in pretty bad shape. Youtube and  amazon prime video would freeze the picture but the audio would keep playing. And then after a second the picture would speed up to catch up to the audio. I kept getting LAN disconnect and reconnect messages. My wifi also didn't show any networks and sometimes just crashed.

I took apart the TV just removing 19 philips screws. I then gently unplugged the ribbon cables, some of which were a little stuck, and gave them a wipe with rubbing alcohol. My wifi connector wasn't a ribbon cable when it connected to the wifi module, so I just unplugged and replugged that connector a few times. I also didn't mess with the 90 degree bend, since it seemed normal.

Everything is fixed! If you're having this issue, seriously try taking it apart and cleaning the ribbon cables. I wouldn't be surprised if just disconnecting and reconnecting them would fix it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this just started happening on my LG65 two weeks ago.  Had problems with wifi a few months after buying this TV.  tried a few things and some of them worked for some time. i gave up the WIFI and desided to use  a wired connection. that was working fine untill 2 weeks ago. Same popup messages everyone here is facing. also noticed that even my .HDMI feed would cut off randomly from time to time.   i did a factory resett.. but to no avail.   cant even watch some decent NETFLIX anymore without pressing back and then play again because of the random connection loss.  i love LG products.. but when it comes to tv's  i think i should stick to samsung and panasonic.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 2:16 PM, Tider said:

Has anyone done a hard reset on the tv to see if it helped any?

I did the hard reset but it did not help. I also think it is a software issue because my Bluetooth and Wifi is disabled after one of the update and there is no way to turn them back on. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2022 at 11:26 AM, Roy Packham said:

I hd this problem constantly.  I turned of "Automatic" on my Wired connection Internet so it is now "normal" and it seems to have solved the problem.

Where did you change this setting? Do you still get the notifications?

Hey all. Having the same problem with my OLED65B6T.

So far I've tried:

- Different router, ethernet cables & factory resetting it. When I connect via WIFI I get the same problem.

- Disable QuickStart+, hard shutdown (turn it off, unplug from the wall, manually press and hold the power on button at the bottom of the screen for 15 seconds)

- Opened up the back cover, but couldn't see any ribbon wires that need uncrimping - see photos attached. The cable I circled I removed & cleaned with electronic cleaner.

Things that I might try later:

- Replace RF module board - they go for about $50 on aliexpress

- Get an ethernet to usb adapter - anyone know which one works on the B6?

- Replace the main board - prefer not to lol

This is so frustrating as I upgraded from my 10 year old 40" LG TV that had zero issues. I'm hoping I can fix it, otherwise I'm going to avoid LG products in future.

Screenshot 2022-09-11 111353.png

On 9/10/2022 at 7:15 PM, Zakum said:

Hey all. Having the same problem with my OLED65B6T.

So far I've tried:

- Different router, ethernet cables & factory resetting it. When I connect via WIFI I get the same problem.

- Disable QuickStart+, hard shutdown (turn it off, unplug from the wall, manually press and hold the power on button at the bottom of the screen for 15 seconds)

- Opened up the back cover, but couldn't see any ribbon wires that need uncrimping - see photos attached. The cable I circled I removed & cleaned with electronic cleaner.

Things that I might try later:

- Replace RF module board - they go for about $50 on aliexpress

- Get an ethernet to usb adapter - anyone know which one works on the B6?

- Replace the main board - prefer not to lol

This is so frustrating as I upgraded from my 10 year old 40" LG TV that had zero issues. I'm hoping I can fix it, otherwise I'm going to avoid LG products in future.

Screenshot 2022-09-11 111353.png

Have you given those two ribbon cables on the left a clean? I dont think having a ribbon cable with a bend is the issue, their ribbon cables just seem to be prone to oxidizing badly. Wouldn't hurt to at least try unplugging and replugging anything you can see a few times?

On 9/13/2022 at 10:53 AM, JuanPotato said:

Have you given those two ribbon cables on the left a clean? I dont think having a ribbon cable with a bend is the issue, their ribbon cables just seem to be prone to oxidizing badly. Wouldn't hurt to at least try unplugging and replugging anything you can see a few times?

I gave them a look over & they honestly looked spotless. I didn't disconnect them, but I haven't seen the message pop up for about 2 days now. Touch wood it's all good.

One thing I did do was upgrade my router firmware to Asuswrt-Merlin - that might be contributed to the fix as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Spoiler: it works! All Solved! Get your screwdriver ready!

It was great to find you all guys. Not only because I did not feel alone about the poltergeist happening in my 55UJ7750 like ethernet cable messages, youtube videos freezing for seconds, lower and lower image quality, and the worse: some basic magic control functionalities stopped working (back button, play/pause), but because you helped me to solve all of them with the last “internal cable maintenance” option.  

And I say remote control issues were the worst because I though the remote was the problem and a new remote is on its way (well, buying a backup remote maybe was not a bad idea, only if the light cable surgery gave the tv some more years of youth). 

Well, after reading the whole topic and the shared ideas, I dared to follow the self technical service approach. Magically straightening up the internal cables worked! I did not dared to disconnect them, but tried to check that they we well connected, moving them a little (it seemed that they didn’t move at all, but who knows). I used compressed air on the ethernet connector, around the cable connectors and all around the internal area, from a safer distance, longer than the recommended one. Air was the only thing I had at home (no alcohol or connector cleaning products at home, so… please do not shout to me if air was not a really good idea).

Finally, it all worked and image, performance and even remote control works perfectly again. We were all surprised how even the image looks really crisp and vivid (video quality was getting worse day by day without us really noticing)… all issues are gone for now. 

Thanks to all, and try it by yourself if you are having some or all of the shared issues. 

Let’s hope that we do not need to go again through the same process in the future.

It really felt amazing saving us from spending on a new tv (yesterday I was the hero of the evening at home… yeeesss!)

Thanks thanks!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Michael beardsworth said:

I have the same problem had it for years now coming up 4 I assumed for years it was my intention provider but nothing ive done has resolved it wont be buying another LG as ive always bought sumsung with no issues.

I just disconnected the Ethernet cable to my TV and it stopped. I have a Fire cube so I don’t need a smart TV. I agree though, never buying an LG again. 

After years of tolerating this frustrating annoyance relating to this chronic LAN disconnect issue, I may have just discovered, if only by chance, the solution to this issue. For a brief timespan, my set stopped detecting any other wireless connections (i.e. other neighbors.)  Because I had chosen to finally just get a new set, I had moved to problematic one to a different room.  In that new location, the problem has since RESOLVED 100%!  Now it detects every neighbors signal in my apartment building, but it instantly connects wirelessly and the the signal no longer EVER drops.  So perhaps, device location in one's living quarters may be direct impacting the modem's signal.  All I know, is that the problem NO LONGER EXISTS!  That's the rap.  I hope this almost 'serendipitous' action works to everyone else's benefit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,
thank you guys! IT WORKS, LG TV and remote repaired!
(mainly: Oly34, GroteBerg, alterniTECH, frenkygo but also everyone who added something valuable in the thread)

was:
- message "network disconnected".. "network connected"
- the functions of the remote control (red dot, microphone) - didn't work, the remote control worked slowly, it hung up (interestingly, the application on the phone simulating the LG remote control worked much smoother)
- platforms and movies were hanging, loading during the movie, errors popped up, etc.
- the last few days even the TV itself started to randomly turn off and on.
In one sentence - my LG TV (65SJ800V) began to sink to the bottom ...

And then - EUREKA:
-> we open the patient (read: TV),
-> clean the neurons (read: connector of the Wifi module),
I bought a liquid for cleaning and maintenance of contacts - I sprayed these and other connectors, removing and inserting them several times). 
I didn't straighten the cables, just moved them gently, not to broken.

The result? - EVERYTHING WORKS.

Is:
- the TV responds to every single delicate move of the remote control (e.g. you don't need to select letters on the on-screen keyboard by clicking the arrows several hundred times, just move the red dot...),
- you can give voice commands, (my LG remote: AN-MR650A)
- you can finally watch a movie without any interruptions, a better picture (than through a PC) without loading, without errors - pure viewing pleasure...
- and of course, without messages about no network, etc.

Great job!

moabie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, LG UHD TV user said:

I have the same problem, anyone has a solution yet?

Hi I had the same problem. Called LG customer service. What they proposed: add  DNS: 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 or 1.1.1.1 and that's it. It solved the p...

• 2 weeks later...

I found a solution!

Get an Amazon Fire Stick, or some other streaming stick of your preference, just be sure that it connects directly with your Wi-Fi network - bypassing the TV’s system.

Insert the stick in one of the HDMI ports of our less than reliable LG television, and either disconnect the TV from the Wi-Fi network or disconnect the LAN wire.

Voilà! Say goodbye to those ridiculous notifications! 

Hey everyone!

It’s unfortunate having to resort to this solution. But, I rather spend $55 bucks on a fire stick than hundreds of dollars on a new TV just because of these ridiculous “pop up” messages saying the wired lan is disconnected or that the wireless network is not available.

We’ve had this same issue for over one year already. Considering that multiple people continue to have this issue since 2018 and many years thereafter, it’s safe to deduct LG is not focused on fixing this issue. 

I hope this message finds you well and this solution is viable for you. 

Hello, 

I had the same issue, basically lan disconnect/connect messages accompanied by inability to turn Wi-Fi on and network cuts during those pop-up. After reading all the posts in the forum and someone mentioning he removed Netflix and Amazon prime, I decided to try the following:

1. Removed all necessary icons from start menu (royku, lg channels, filmin, etc,) only left YouTube Netflix and Amazon Prime and Disney+.)

2. I disabled LG channels

Amazingly the messages have now stopped completely and WiFi networks now appear so I am now connected to both Ethernet and WiFi! 

Good luck to you all and I hope it works for you. It is definitely a software issue since what really seems to have helped in my case was removing shortcuts from the start/home menu, I didn't even have to uninstall anything... Weird

Will let you know it thenfix is permanent, but I have a good feeling after being able to scan wireless networks, this wasn't working for ages. 

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Hello, 

I had the same issue, basically lan disconnect/connect messages accompanied by inability to turn Wi-Fi on and network cuts during those pop-up. After reading all the posts in the forum and someone mentioning he removed Netflix and Amazon prime, I decided to try the following:

1. Removed all necessary icons from start menu (royku, lg channels, filmin, etc,) only left YouTube Netflix and Amazon Prime and Disney+.)

2. I disabled LG channels

Amazingly the messages have now stopped completely and WiFi networks now appear so I am now connected to both Ethernet and WiFi! 

Good luck to you all and I hope it works for you. It is definitely a software issue since what really seems to have helped in my case was removing shortcuts from the start/home menu, I didn't even have to uninstall anything... Weird

Will let you know it thenfix is permanent, but I have a good feeling after being able to scan wireless networks, this wasn't working for ages. 

Correction, I removed all unnecessary shortcuts from home menu 😉

I have done a full reset to initial settings, i had this pop up also for wired network connection on/off . Besides this the remote control also has become erratic the magic pointer does not show up consistently.

The full reset wiped out my installed apps had to reinstall them, worked fine that day but the next day the same problems have started , notification pop up and erratic remote control functioning.

Definetly requires a update to the Firmware , Hope LG does something soon 

19 hours ago, gbharat said:

I have done a full reset to initial settings, i had this pop up also for wired network connection on/off . Besides this the remote control also has become erratic the magic pointer does not show up consistently.

The full reset wiped out my installed apps had to reinstall them, worked fine that day but the next day the same problems have started , notification pop up and erratic remote control functioning.

Definetly requires a update to the Firmware , Hope LG does something soon 

Have you checked if you have the option LG channels disabled? 

On 7/18/2023 at 3:10 PM, Nomad said:

Have you checked if you have the option LG channels disabled? 

The webOS seems to have resolved the issue on its own. The remote control is functioning normally. The pop up notifications have vanished.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:40 PM, Anu said:

Hello everyone, 

I am facing the same issue as wired lan disconnected pop up message appearing every 5 min. This disconnects my netflix and i have to go back and start again. It is very annoying.  My LG tv model is 43UJ6200 . The wireless stopped working altogether so I am using ethernet cable.

I have circled back with internet provider and netflix team, both mentioned connections from their side is fine.  Now I m stuck with this issue.

Has anyone got their issue resolved?  My tv is out of warranty now, so I don't want to call a technician if its of no use. I have already changed motherboard a year back.

Please let me know if anyone got this fixed. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks so much!

Regards, AV

I found the answer. Go to settings, general, then down to bottom of menu list change tv from home to store mode. In store modedo the same, go to settings general, pop out menu, give you the option to remove notifications from top right hand corner of screen. Switch off notifications. Go back to home mode. Done! Yes. Only took me several hours of phaffing around 🙂

On 7/15/2023 at 11:01 PM, Expect the unexpected said:

I found a solution!

Get an Amazon Fire Stick, or some other streaming stick of your preference, just be sure that it connects directly with your Wi-Fi network - bypassing the TV’s system.

Insert the stick in one of the HDMI ports of our less than reliable LG television, and either disconnect the TV from the Wi-Fi network or disconnect the LAN wire.

Voilà! Say goodbye to those ridiculous notifications! 

Hey everyone!

It’s unfortunate having to resort to this solution. But, I rather spend $55 bucks on a fire stick than hundreds of dollars on a new TV just because of these ridiculous “pop up” messages saying the wired lan is disconnected or that the wireless network is not available.

We’ve had this same issue for over one year already. Considering that multiple people continue to have this issue since 2018 and many years thereafter, it’s safe to deduct LG is not focused on fixing this issue. 

I hope this message finds you well and this solution is viable for you. 

See my earlier answer which hightlighted changing from home mode to Store mode then cancelling notifications and then back to home mode. Honestly it works and takes 2 mins annoyingly. 

I have multiple problems. I have a wired connection from a secondary mesh router.

The cursor is unavailable most of the time. It just come and goes. 

The magic remote works/does not work in a very random fashion.

The amazon firestick remote is able to give some minimum functionality on the amazon app. But the direct amazon and netflix buttons provided just don't work properly at all.

LG, I am even unable to go to settings to do a factory reset. What should I do?