Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

WebOS desired apps

soundcloud spotify imdb webos webbrowser flash desired apps

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 MrNorth

MrNorth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted October 09, 2014 - 04:22 AM

Hi I just bought LG 32LB6500-TH, I found that in LG store there is no many apps compared to Andriod TV. I would like to install live tv apps for chinese channels, but I cannot find in LG store, the TV I bought, there is no location country for China. Please help, thank you.

I would also like to find some Chinese stream tv apps. My wife is Chinese but we live in Sweden, and she is having a hard time finding streamed content. ost likely it is blocked by content providers. As a sidenote I really HATE that concept. Everyone talks about how "international" we are nowadays, but if you move to Sweden, you are only supposed to watch Swedish content, no matter if you know the language or not, or if you are a native Swede. Your best bet in this case is to find media on the web, either illegal or from websites that don't use IP blocking. Usually this is of really poor quality also. I mean, who the f-ck cares if the consumer is in Sweden, China, India or whatever. It is a  CONSUMER that is INTERESTED in your content, provide it! Totally narrowminded... If I want to pay for watching CCTV1, 2 and 3, why do I have to physically exist in China? I pay for it, so why does it matter where on the planet I am located?

/H

#22 zer0future

zer0future

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 01:52 PM

Steam Game Stream is possible, but just with a Raspberry Pi!

I can Play all of my Steam Games remote. With an xBox360 Controller and a Windows Wireless USB Connector, normaly controlling the Games will be possible to. But at this time i have to wait for the delivering of the USB Adapter, then i can test if the controller works with my Raspberry to.

When the Streaming App for the Raspberry also will run on webOS, i would be so lucky, but there is no such App at this moment...

Someone maby know something about this App and the compatibility with WebOS?

The Name of the App is "Limelight"

http://www.raspberry...=65878&p=483479

It just works with some "big" nVidia GPU's and requires Java running on Raspberry/WebOS

Sorry 4 that bad spelling, i am from Germany...

SeeYa

Raoul

#23 gherman22

gherman22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 06:01 PM

It would really be nice to have HBO Go. 

For those asking for Plex there is a PLAYz Media PLEX client in the store.  Don't know how good it is because I'm too cheap at the moment to download, It's all of 5 bucks

#24 ccorreia

ccorreia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:17 PM

DS Video for Synology NAS or XBMC (Better tan Plex).

I Agree!!

#25 sensehack

sensehack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 05:16 AM

Xbmc please.. Or would love to have my .NFO files & cover photos shown on folders.

#26 briankeith513

briankeith513

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted November 28, 2014 - 12:25 AM

I'd like ESPN ScoreCenter/Sports Center

#27 Rukmaj Chandavar

Rukmaj Chandavar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 10:44 AM

A simple file explorer that allows to browse network locations just like \\192.168.1.1\ or \\homenetwork\media\movies etc., would be awesome.

#28 Flyke

Flyke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 05, 2015 - 01:00 PM

- A Plex client app (running Plex Media Server on a px in the same network as the TV)

- A pictures screensaver (configurable to show pictures of a folder in the network)

- Plex

- A smartphone app that plays the sound of the tv. So I can plug in my earphones in my smartphone and I can listen and watch what I want without disturbing anyone else in the house

- Plex

- The native smartphone lg tv remote app is missing a keyboard function

- Plex

- I want to mirror my smartphone screen on the tv

- Plex

- Shazam app: would be really nice if you could use this on whatever is playing on the tv, since shazam can also recognize tv shows and music

- Plex

- Google calendar app

- Have I mentionned Plex already ?

#29 pi314

pi314

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 05:52 AM

- A Plex client app (running Plex Media Server on a px in the same network as the TV)

- A pictures screensaver (configurable to show pictures of a folder in the network)

- Plex

- A smartphone app that plays the sound of the tv. So I can plug in my earphones in my smartphone and I can listen and watch what I want without disturbing anyone else in the house

- Plex

- The native smartphone lg tv remote app is missing a keyboard function

- Plex

- I want to mirror my smartphone screen on the tv

- Plex

- Shazam app: would be really nice if you could use this on whatever is playing on the tv, since shazam can also recognize tv shows and music

- Plex

- Google calendar app

- Have I mentionned Plex already ?

Plex exists (since July) its called "PlayZ media" and works pretty well (some problems with mks subtitles)ç

The native smartphone lg tv remote app already has a keyboard function.

A smartphone app that plays the sound of the tv? I'm pretty sure that there is a way to do that.

My props:

GOOGLE APPS, specially Hangouts

#30 Flyke

Flyke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 01:50 AM

Hi pi314,

I'm From Belgium. My WebOS version is 4.32.20. Tv is 42LB630V.

PlayZ media is nowhere to be found in the LG store on the tv. Not under 'Premium' and not under 'Apps and games'. Is there something I missed to get the app ?

The native lg app does indeed have a keyboard. But if you for example open the netflix app on your tv and want to enter your account information than you have bad luck because the keyboard does not seem to open then.

As for the app to play the tv sound: I could not find any.

#31 r4str34t0r

r4str34t0r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 08:48 AM

A Movistar Online TV App would be great for spanish users.

This is the app for the TV OTT from Movistar ISP, the bigger at Spain. (I think it could work over HTML5).

An app of this kind, will be a great push on the LG-WebOS Tv success!

:rolleyes:

#32 HanoYs

HanoYs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 04:22 AM

After using the system for a couple of weeks, the tv desperately needs a Plex application. Using SmartShare to communicate with the plex server is a bad experience. Everything appears messy and tv series do not appear.

hello there .. 

have anyone managed to play with the subtitle

i've tried and used their guide to properly setup the settings for the playing a movie with the subtitle from Plex .. but no use 
can anyone provide a sum-up of all the settings required .. in order to ensure that i am not missing any

#33 pi314

pi314

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 10, 2015 - 04:58 AM

Hello Flyke & HanoYs: In LG Store (at least in Spain) there is a Plex Client called PlayZ Media and it works fantastic. It's a creation of an Australian Guy. The first days (July 2014) it was called "Plex" but Plex told the creator not to use their name, so today it's called PlayZ Media... Here's the forum at plex https://forums.plex....smart-tv-webos/ And the Web page http://playz.sithari.com.au/ If the app is not in your country LG Store, I think in the Web there is a way to install it...

#34 Flyke

Flyke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 05:33 AM

Hi, I could not find the app in the LG store on the TV at first. I'm from Belgium. I first had to go to TV settings, set countries to manual, then select UK as country and then restart te tv before the PlayZ Media app appeared in the store. I'm happy that I did, the plex (PlayZ) app is great!

#35 mstwntd

mstwntd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hi, please add DS Video for Synology NAS on LG Store. There are many LG smart TV users who wants to play the media content from the NAS and the experience without this application it's very unsatisfying.

#36 sgrienen

sgrienen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 09:41 AM

DS Video, Kodi, Qobuz and VLC for me please :-) !

#37 daextab

daextab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 21, 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hello, 2 apps fort me : - tunein radio (existe on Android)
- bo film apps (IMDb or AlloCiné for french user)

I m french userr

#38 brandenwan

brandenwan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 11:29 PM

Plex +1

Plex is still not available, but hey... although there isn't a Plex app released for WebOS on the LG, LG officially uses Plex server to "talk to" the SmartShare app on your TV. When you go to download their "SmartShare" software for your computer, you will notice it is actually Plex Server. They don't even try to hide the Plex name. LOL. Chances are, it is coming! :-)

#39 albertguedes

albertguedes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 11:06 PM

It is a waste of potential LG does not provide basic apps that would make use of them more than stand watching videos, music and photos.

For me, missing programs such as:

- simple file manager

- messenger with video call ( skype or lg proprietary app, why not ? )
- email client ( may be, only to read messages )

- one social network app
- rss or news reader ( read through the browser is horrible )

- an blessed ssh server to access the system !!!

#40 duongvuquy

duongvuquy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 04, 2016 - 12:08 AM

please add DS Video for Synology NAS on LG Store. There are many LG smart TV users who wants to play the media content from the NAS and the experience without this application it's very unsatisfying.

LG support like a shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users