Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Question

Since two weeks or so, finally the WebOS store became available in the Netherlands. Unfortunately for me some very desired apps are still missing. 

These apps are:

- Soundcloud

- Spotify

- IMDB

Does anybody know if they are to be released in the Netherlands soon? Are they already available in other countries? In the web browser both Spotify and Soundcloud cannot be used because flash is not supported. Will there be flash support in the future?

Before WebOS I used a Western Digital Live TV media player, WebOS is such a relieve in comparison to the WD media player.

If these apps become available soon, WebOS is for sure the best smart-tv OS.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

55 answers to this question

Hi Lars, I'm also from the Netherlands.

Can you tell me the list of apps you have?

Besides the apps you already mentioned, i'm also missing facebook. The TV i got is the LG47LB670V.

Gr.

Jitse

How about a steam home streaming app ? Just connect the controller to the tv and play games from a proper desktop instead of htpc's and consoles. 

1 person likes this

After using the system for a couple of weeks, the tv desperately needs a Plex application. Using SmartShare to communicate with the plex server is a bad experience. Everything appears messy and tv series do not appear.

4 people like this

SmartShare as a viewer for TV Shows and Movies is a really bad experience. You cannot see them in a folder view. All your TV episodes are in one screen, having to scroll down for ages to get to an episode. I am not sure what LG developers were thinking when they were designing this UI. It should have a File Explorer view. 

1 person likes this

I think having a steam streaming app would be awesome, being able to plug your controller into the tv and use steam in home streaming without having to use a pc would make webos the best tv os ever. 

2 people like this

PLEX would be awesome.

Very important for me.

1 person likes this

My old TV was a 2011 LG whith medialink (PLEX) it's a shame that in 2014s models like my 49LB87 you can´t use it.

But yes, it is possible to see the folders in your PMS in a 2014 TV. Don't use smartshare app directly, you got to go to "Device Connector" and then "PC" ... then smartshare connects to your computer, but now it's able to see the folders... (excuse me for my english!) 

1 person likes this

Plex +1

1 person likes this

I would like to develop applications Crunchyroll viki: drama, spotify, espn play,plex and HBO GO, I'm from mexico and I see that there is little amount of apps in the store and most useless

p.s. for those whishing for a plex app. Until it is there, I always open the browser on my tv and visit www.plex.tv. That works very well for me.

Other things on my whishlist besides Plex:

- flash support for browser

- di.fm app

- stumbleupon

- a microsoft OneDrive picture viewer app

And on top of my whishlist would be (besides plex):

- an app that streams the sound of whatever is playing on the tv to your smartphone via wifi. So I can plug in earphones on my smartphone and watch a show without disturbing my wife

2 people like this

Plex app, please!!!!

1 person likes this

SmartShare as a viewer for TV Shows and Movies is a really bad experience. You cannot see them in a folder view. All your TV episodes are in one screen, having to scroll down for ages to get to an episode. I am not sure what LG developers were thinking when they were designing this UI. It should have a File Explorer view. 

Actually this is possible.

When you start SmartShare, you can click on the left on "All", after this you see circle icons in the upper right, with one of these you can change the view to "folderview", which will result in what you are looking for =).

Hi guys,

Can we install Google + client(hangout) to use its Video in LG LB65 series Smart Tvs

1 person likes this

Just want to let you guys know the Spotify app is available in the Netherlands (so probably in many other countries too). I find it pretty slow and why there is no option to cast songs from your smartphone?

My suggestion is buying Chromecast for easy casting of songs from Spotify and Soundcloud (Chromecast is only €35 in the Netherlands). There is still no casting option in both the official apps but with the My Cloud Player app and Spoticast app it is easy to finally cast music to your TV.

I hope many LG WebOS apps and also Android and iOS apps will support casting in the future. I use it a lot (Youtube in WebOS and Spotify and Soundcloud in Chromecast).

Hi I just bought LG 32LB6500-TH, I found that in LG store there is no many apps compared to Andriod TV. I would like to install live tv apps for chinese channels, but I cannot find in LG store, the TV I bought, there is no location country for China. Please help, thank you.

A decent video/photo gallery app that both looks better and works much better than the truly awful "smartshare". I would prefer a "Pictures hub" that aggregates pictures from whatever source you select. Then you can sort by tag, date, location whatever using a pivot menu or something like that.

The concept with smarthub is just awful, and the whole interface is really bad....

/H

Hi I just bought LG 32LB6500-TH, I found that in LG store there is no many apps compared to Andriod TV. I would like to install live tv apps for chinese channels, but I cannot find in LG store, the TV I bought, there is no location country for China. Please help, thank you.

I would also like to find some Chinese stream tv apps. My wife is Chinese but we live in Sweden, and she is having a hard time finding streamed content. ost likely it is blocked by content providers. As a sidenote I really HATE that concept. Everyone talks about how "international" we are nowadays, but if you move to Sweden, you are only supposed to watch Swedish content, no matter if you know the language or not, or if you are a native Swede. Your best bet in this case is to find media on the web, either illegal or from websites that don't use IP blocking. Usually this is of really poor quality also. I mean, who the f-ck cares if the consumer is in Sweden, China, India or whatever. It is a  CONSUMER that is INTERESTED in your content, provide it! Totally narrowminded... If I want to pay for watching CCTV1, 2 and 3, why do I have to physically exist in China? I pay for it, so why does it matter where on the planet I am located?

/H

1 person likes this

Steam Game Stream is possible, but just with a Raspberry Pi!

I can Play all of my Steam Games remote. With an xBox360 Controller and a Windows Wireless USB Connector, normaly controlling the Games will be possible to. But at this time i have to wait for the delivering of the USB Adapter, then i can test if the controller works with my Raspberry to.

When the Streaming App for the Raspberry also will run on webOS, i would be so lucky, but there is no such App at this moment...

Someone maby know something about this App and the compatibility with WebOS?

The Name of the App is "Limelight"

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65878&p=483479

It just works with some "big" nVidia GPU's and requires Java running on Raspberry/WebOS

Sorry 4 that bad spelling, i am from Germany...

SeeYa

Raoul

It would really be nice to have HBO Go. 

For those asking for Plex there is a PLAYz Media PLEX client in the store.  Don't know how good it is because I'm too cheap at the moment to download, It's all of 5 bucks

DS Video for Synology NAS or XBMC (Better tan Plex).

I Agree!!

1 person likes this

Xbmc please.. Or would love to have my .NFO files & cover photos shown on folders.

1 person likes this

I'd like ESPN ScoreCenter/Sports Center