Quantcast
Jump to content

  • Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

    Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

akhil7j

Network connection issues. LG Content store doesn't connect.

Recommended Posts

I did a refresh of my LG TV 3 days ago. Sold the old LG 47" 3D LED TV and bought new 55" LG Super UltraHD TV with WebOS. I believe, the biggest con of this new TV is WebOS. Its totally frustrating. Sorry for WebOS fans.

It isn't that smart and functional they way it looks. The problem I having since 3 days and being a network engineer, I am unable to solve a network issue myself which is even more frustrating for me.

Ok, let me explain the issue. The TV when installed was connected to LAN cable to my router which has direct internet connection. The TV works and none of the apps were working. Basically TV wasn't able to connect to internet via apps. If i open web browser, it was working fine with all webpages showing correctly.

I'll skip the part of contacting LG support which was useless. All troubleshooting steps like resetting, formatting, changing time zone, location, region was done but no luck. Finally I connected the TV via mobile hotspot and it just worked which gave me the clue that some ports are being blocked by my ISP or router.

My internet setup is this way. Internet cable from ISP -> ISP Modem (can do NAT and work as router) - WiFi Router (NAT, DHCP, etc) -> all LAN clients. I put my LG TV in DMZ, opened all ports, etc but no luck. Then I converted my ISP modem as router and connected the LG TV directly to it and it started working..!!!

My WiFi Router is TP-Link Archer C7 and I was using stock firmware. Thought it was creating issues and I installed DD-WRT, Open-WRT but no luck at all. The apps which were installed in TV when TV was connected directly to modem are still working fine. Youtube, Plex, Netflix, etc all are working but when I open LG Content Store, it just refuses to load.

I am not sure what wrong my TP-Link router is doing. There is something wrong with the LG TV content store. If it requires to open ports, then I would like to know which ones.

Sorry for the long port, may be my frustration of 3 days with no luck.!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Same issue here. I first noticed my issue when I tried to open Sling TV app. It required an update which tried to take me to the LG Content Store. Then I would get an error message that the LG Content Store is temporarily unavailable, try again later. This has been going on for a month with absolutely no help from LG Technical Support. Most other apps (Netflix , Amazon Video, etc.) all work fine. I was finally able to get into my router management and disable the firewall while I tried to update the Sling app. It worked long enough to update the app. But after a few minutes, I got the “temporarily unavailable “ message from the LG Content Store again. Very frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys

As an experienced LG Oled TVs I can suggest one option to solve all kind of WebOs function. Since it’s computers I always 

unplug the power cord from the wall for few seconds . Usually it fixes all kind of sudden errors with the WEBOS of LG.

Let me know if it solved your issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 8:53 PM, akhil7j said:

I did a refresh of my LG TV 3 days ago. Sold the old LG 47" 3D LED TV and bought new 55" LG Super UltraHD TV with WebOS. I believe, the biggest con of this new TV is WebOS. Its totally frustrating. Sorry for WebOS fans.

It isn't that smart and functional they way it looks. The problem I having since 3 days and being a network engineer, I am unable to solve a network issue myself which is even more frustrating for me.

Ok, let me explain the issue. The TV when installed was connected to LAN cable to my router which has direct internet connection. The TV works and none of the apps were working. Basically TV wasn't able to connect to internet via apps. If i open web browser, it was working fine with all webpages showing correctly.

I'll skip the part of contacting LG support which was useless. All troubleshooting steps like resetting, formatting, changing time zone, location, region was done but no luck. Finally I connected the TV via mobile hotspot and it just worked which gave me the clue that some ports are being blocked by my ISP or router.

My internet setup is this way. Internet cable from ISP -> ISP Modem (can do NAT and work as router) - WiFi Router (NAT, DHCP, etc) -> all LAN clients. I put my LG TV in DMZ, opened all ports, etc but no luck. Then I converted my ISP modem as router and connected the LG TV directly to it and it started working..!!!

My WiFi Router is TP-Link Archer C7 and I was using stock firmware. Thought it was creating issues and I installed DD-WRT, Open-WRT but no luck at all. The apps which were installed in TV when TV was connected directly to modem are still working fine. Youtube, Plex, Netflix, etc all are working but when I open LG Content Store, it just refuses to load.

I am not sure what wrong my TP-Link router is doing. There is something wrong with the LG TV content store. If it requires to open ports, then I would like to know which ones.

Sorry for the long port, may be my frustration of 3 days with no luck.!!

 

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm an IT guy also troubleshooting the exact same issue for weeks very frustrating!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


As crazy as this sounds try this, unplug your tv for a few minutes then plug it back in. I’m a computer repair tech and have years of experience in a variety of electronic troubleshooting. 

I was having this same issue when I ran across this fix that seemed so silly but it werked!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 2:27 PM, [email protected] said:

As crazy as this sounds try this, unplug your tv for a few minutes then plug it back in. I’m a computer repair tech and have years of experience in a variety of electronic troubleshooting. 

I was having this same issue when I ran across this fix that seemed so silly but it werked!!

Ah yes after twenty years in the computer support industry myself it is amazing how many times the solutions of turning off/unplugging and turning back on again works.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well unfortunately the "unplug from power source" doesn't work for me. I live in South Africa we are currently having scheduled power outages  for +/-  3 hours daily even that prolonged period of "unplugging" doesn't work. What's even more strange/annoying is that the LG content store & all other apps won't work on a wired connection directly connected to my ISP modem/router on FTTH (using Google DNS) but NETFLIX works without a single glitch all the time.  I keep getting the "CHECK NETWORK CONNECTION (-118)" error message on the wired connection.

I'm almost convinced that the wired connection takes second preference to a wireless connection as I can access the content store & the rest of the apps via a cellular broadband connection (without using Google DNS) even though the wireless doesn't work at all on my primary ISP modem/router.  I have put the TV in the DMZ on my  primary wired ISP modem/router to avoid any firewall/port blocking issues to no avail I have even requested for a static public IP address from my ISP.

Is there any way to pull logs directly from the TV via SSH or something? BTW I also got +20 years tech experience but this is just mind boggling & highly frustrating!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pridgom said:

Well unfortunately the "unplug from power source" doesn't work for me. I live in South Africa we are currently having scheduled power outages  for +/-  3 hours daily even that prolonged period of "unplugging" doesn't work. What's even more strange/annoying is that the LG content store & all other apps won't work on a wired connection directly connected to my ISP modem/router on FTTH (using Google DNS) but NETFLIX works without a single glitch all the time.  I keep getting the "CHECK NETWORK CONNECTION (-118)" error message on the wired connection.

I'm almost convinced that the wired connection takes second preference to a wireless connection as I can access the content store & the rest of the apps via a cellular broadband connection (without using Google DNS) even though the wireless doesn't work at all on my primary ISP modem/router.  I have put the TV in the DMZ on my  primary wired ISP modem/router to avoid any firewall/port blocking issues to no avail I have even requested for a static public IP address from my ISP.

Is there any way to pull logs directly from the TV via SSH or something? BTW I also got +20 years tech experience but this is just mind boggling & highly frustrating!!

Well, besides the obvious like unplug the netwerk cable or switch it out, there could be a bad connector etc. Also unplugging and powering down are two different things. I’m pretty dumb but maybe there could possibly be enough power to keep the settings, ie:standby power? Perhaps? I would still unplug for 5-10 minutes just to be double sure and while you’re at it swap your netwerk cable out or at least check the fittings/connectors. Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally this issue is solved for me, for resolution go through the below lines and follow:

I was frustrated for months with similar issue and blamed the ISP for the issue as certain preinstalled apps like youtube etc. worked fine, but LG content store was just not reachable. I had a Linksys E900 wireless router. To my surprise, changing my router made the content store reachable. With this I finally concluded it was my router that was the culprit and not LG or my ISP. I then factory reset my router settings, but it didn't work. What really worked for me was a setting on my router known as MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit Size of Data Packet). It was on Auto Mode and showed a value 1480. I then changed this value to manual mode and with a value 1470. Saved settings, restarted router and TADA it worked. Hope changing MTU size for you guys solves your problem as well. For Linksys routers this setting is under Basis Setup -> Setup Tab. The same setting for your make router if not linksys will be elsewhere, refer to the user guide of your manufacturer for more assistance on tweaking this setting.

All the best Guys!!!

Zap 

(happy to help [email protected] )

Pune, India

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Topics

    • LG To Expand Partnership With Qt On Next Generation Embedded Devices Running Webos

      SEOUL, June 26, 2019 — LG Electronics (LG) announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with The Qt Company, the Finnish-based software developer behind the Qt Project, to expand its existing collaboration on webOS. The expanded partnership will focus on embedding LG’s open source webOS platform in future automotive, robotics and smart home devices as well as positioning webOS as a reference operation system of Qt. The partnership will guarantee more efficient management of resour

      in Upcoming and Rumored webOS Products

    • Question: gigabit ethernet on smart TV

      Hello, Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 

      in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

    • Question: webOS 3.3.4 - third party player or update for in-built player?

      Hi there, so far, the inbuilt media player was able to play a lot I threw at it, but it, but some videos just won't play. They are playing on every other platform and other videos with the same codecs involved also play, but there seem to be things (maybe a higher compression, bigger container data or something like this) that throws off the in-built player, so it just says "couldn't recognize media, want to continue with the next video?" So I was looking for another media player on th

      in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

    • Hulu is Ending Support For 2014 and Earlier LG Smart TVs

      Hulu will be ending support for LG smart TVs running the Hulu app version 1.1 starting on July 24th, 2019.  Hulu has confirmed that LG TVs made in 2014 and earlier with webos 3.0 will no longer be supported. Supported LG models You can download the Hulu app on a variety of supported devices, but the content and features that you have access to will vary depending on your plan and the version of our app that your device supports. Latest Hulu app Some LG models support the late

      in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

    • WebOS TV Firmware version

      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

      in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

  • Similar Tagged Content

    • By Arnaud
      Hi
      I own a 55UG870V smart tv with firmware that has recently been updated to 04.05.80
      Since this update, Wifi is non functionnal each time I start the TV.
      I have to deactivate WIFI and reactivate it and then the TV reconnects without issue.
      ( trying to reconnect without deactivate/reactivate doeqn't work)
      Is this a bug ?
      Does anyone suffer the same issue ?
       
      Thank you
      Regards
    • By Karan Sheth
      I have a 2019 LG Smart TV but could not find the HBO GO app in the LG Content Store. Could someone please help with this? Is HBO Go app available on LG Smart TVs?
    • By Vikram Sud
      When will we get the SONYLIV app on WebOS ? 
      Even the WebOS browser doesn't support playing SONYLIV content due to lack of Flash support. 
      Strangely Chromecast also has issues. 
       
    • By jzayaspr
      In Oled55V7P with software 04.71.00 I am unable to set close captions in the Red Box Streaming App. Can someone help me????


×
×
  • Create New...