Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Hi 

I put the new firmware  05.05.45  in this weekend on my 42LB731V and work's fine.  Indeed the youtube icon on webos menu is changed. 

But the major improvement  is TLS 1.2 (Transport Layer Security ) wich are cryptographic protocols that provide communications security over a computer network, and is global not only for Russia.

So I guess,  is OK to install this update.

My model number is listed so I’m downloading as we speak.. Mihai

36 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Hi 

I put the new firmware  05.05.45  in this weekend on my 42LB731V and work's fine.  Indeed the youtube icon on webos menu is changed. 

But the major improvement  is TLS 1.2 (Transport Layer Security ) wich are cryptographic protocols that provide communications security over a computer network, and is global not only for Russia.

So I guess,  is OK to install this update.

My model number 43lb731-VE is listed so I’m downloading as we speak.. Mihai can you tell me if you use the simplink function and is it working ok. Cheers Jon

1 hour ago, jonnyht said:

My model number is listed so I’m downloading as we speak.. Mihai

My model number 43lb731-VE is listed so I’m downloading as we speak.. Mihai can you tell me if you use the simplink function and is it working ok. Cheers Jon

No , I don't use it. But I guess they don't change something that is working.

4 hours ago, Leandro De Medeiros said:

I would like to know if have some firmware compatible with LG 47LB6500. This is the latest firmware wich i install...

20171127_194843.jpg

As far as I can see you installed a BETA 05.10.02 long time ago. LG Company did not allow firmware to be downgraded. You'll never get official update because official firmwares starting with 05.05.xx but you have 05.10.xx,  so only way is unofficial downgrade to latest official for your region (Brasil). Process is a bit complicated and here on this forum you have detailed tutorial how to. HERE IS TUTORIAL 

Attention: You can destroy (brick) your tv set if something going wrong in the downgrade process.

Cheers! Dejan

On 7/31/2014 at 2:46 AM, majorusa said:

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:

- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v

- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB

- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

On 26/10/2017 at 2:50 PM, Alessio1989 said:

43" 43UJ750V, updated today  to 04.70.06 (04.70.10 available on the support site), Italy.

Notes: looks like no major improvements at all for 2017 LCD models, no major bug fixed (no FLAC from PC/server play), got only an update for the YouTube application.

43uj750V updated to 04.70.30. No release notes yet available.

EDIT: 

[04.70.30] 
1. To improve Youtube VP9 HDR Contents SDR processing issue 
2. To improve Smart Retune Deleted Reservations issue  
3. To improve OLED Model Screen Saver occurrence issue 
4. To improve issue of canceling favorite setting channel in European Standby Channel Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know any firmware link below 05.05.25 for the 47 LB6500. I need to downgrade because I had problems with the upgrade, since I had downgraded with a firmware different from my model and when I upgraded with the correct epk I can not tune the HDTV channels anymore. A colleague said that it would suffice for me to install the atsc firmware that would re-tune the HTDV channels, but even with the correct firmware upgrade it is not tuning.Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've downloaded 04.70.65 from LG and copied ZIP file to USB, unpacked it and connected USB to TV but nothing happens.

TV recognises  USB is inserted but just wants to play media files from it which don't exist.

The OS update option in the TV settings seems only to look for updates over the internet, not from a connected USB.

Any help out there?  

UPDATE : Since found out, needed to create a folder on USB called “LG_DTV" and put the file in there.

2 minutes ago, Ade said:

I've downloaded 04.70.65 from LG and copied ZIP file to USB, unpacked it and connected USB to TV but nothing happens.

TV recognises  USB is inserted but just wants to play media files from it which don't exist.

The OS update option in the TV settings seems only to look for updates over the internet, not from a connected USB.

Any help out there?  

1. Format usb flash with fat32

2. Create folder LG_DTV on usb flash

3. Copy  .epk file to this folder 

4. Safely eject usb

5. Connect usb flash to TV

6. Confirm usb update and wait 5-10 minutes

7. After sucessfuly update popup notification show on tv screen now you can restart tv(turn off/on) 

8. Reset to factory settings after start for best performance

9. Enjoy in new firmware

• Thanks 1