Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

20 hours ago, Arian Topi said:

@Zibri Hi 

you can help me downgrade lg 55uk6950plb a firmware 4.10.06. because he worked very well now there are problems with video flicker. As the wire is modified to get the tv recognized as new update

Yes. Send me a private message.

22 hours ago, Kiril said:

Can model 55uj701v be downgrade from 05.80.25 to 04.70.70 as now the TV become unstable? It losses the internet connection (Ethernet cable), it looses the connection with the magic remote... It is like hell now. 

ALL LG TVs can be downgraded. But I am the only one who knows how to do it without "hacks" :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, I’m new on this forum and I thank you all for your support.

I have a 49UJ634V and I updated to 04.70.70, reading on LG Italy website I found 05.80.25 released on April 2019, what do you think about this version? Do you suggest me to update to the new one, or maybe it is unstable and better stay with the actual one?

I read quite few pages of this 3D, but all information and suggestion are more then welcomed.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, Zibri said:

Don't update. No real advantages in 4.80.25.

Thanks Zibri for your reply.

I have another question for you guys, since I don’t update to the newer sw version, TV is reminding me every time I turn it on that a new version is available. How can I stop it bothering me, I’m scared I’ll press yes once...

I also have the same question as the above poster....is there a way to stop the damm update notification question that pops up every time I turn on the C7 OLED TV?

It asks me to update to version 05.80.15 every time I turn on the TV. Surely there must be a way (except updating), or are we required to hit "no" for as long as we own the TV´s?

On 1/28/2019 at 1:18 AM, Kailem Jones said:

I updated the Australian software on my LG E7 OLED to 05.80.15 and now the colours are all washed out on my 4k set top box ! (Foxtel iq4 with HDMI deep true colour activated) When I set the resolution to 1080p it's ok, but when the resolution is set to 2160p I get washed out colours ... Reds are Orange etc. Before the update it was fine.

I believe this firmware has an issue with 4k 50hz devices plugged into where the BT.2020 colour space is incompatible. As when I set my Apple TV to 4k 50hz I get the washed out colours as well. 

We are waiting for a new firmware. A famous blogger said to me that LG has fixed this issue and and a new update is rolling out soon. 

11 hours ago, Palmlu said:

We are waiting for a new firmware. A famous blogger said to me that LG has fixed this issue and and a new update is rolling out soon. 

Oh that would be very great if LG stepped up to the plate and made things right.  I hope its true?

Maybe LG should stop rolling out these firmware updates when they have achieved a somewhat stable TV, since every new update seems to break more than it fixes.

Buone notizie per i possessori di oled serie 7! Finalmente Lg ha lanciato il nuovo firmware che fissa i colori sbiaditi per i contenuti di 4k hdr 50 hz. Firmware 05.80.25, appena installato e sembra funzionare correttamente.

Edited by Palmlu

4 minutes ago, Palmlu said:

Buone notizie per i possessori di oled serie 7! Finalmente Lg ha lanciato il nuovo firmware che fissa i colori sbiaditi per i contenuti di 4k hdr 50 hz. Firmware 05.80.25, appena installato e sembra funzionare correttamente.

Wow really, thats nice to hear. Have you tried it and does it fix the problem? Also has it brought any new problems from the new firmware?

6 hours ago, Palmlu said:

No :D In realtà hanno fatto un rollback ad una versione che funzionava :D 

6 hours ago, Palmlu said:

Sarà, ma la 05.80.15 introduceva la compatibilità con l’hbbTV  che su questa versione è rimasta. Per me adesso è ok, 

Ah ok... saraà che sulla mia la 5.80.25 esisteva da tempo e la beta è 5.80.30 da tipo 3 mesi.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, Kiril said:

So, can you share the secret? 😁😉

link hidden, please login to view
  - in english

- if you know Russian language.

or

- in english

- if you know Russian language.

As I see this is an active topic, I'm going to ask here. Does anyone know if LG is going to solve the problem with video playback and subtitles? The problem of not being able to play any subtitle other than srt that must be placed next to the video file with the same name. I have read several issues about it and they are old, so I am surprised that LG has not resolved this so far, I recently bought one.

Is there any workaround to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I have a tv lg 55uj6585. This week she updated to version 05.80.15.
After that the wifi is disconnected.
I would like to know if there is any way to return the previous version, or if someone could dispense the file from the previous version, 05.80.10.

I already searched the forum, but I did not find it.