Quantcast

HBO GO/ SHO Anytime

leonis123

I just bought an LG smart tv only to find out that HBO GO and SHO Anytimw are not available?!?!?!  This seems totally crazy. Why would LG do this ? I am thinking about taking it back to the store and getting something else. I feel like buying a Chromecast or Firestick would just defeat the purpose of having a "Smart TV". I don't want 300 remotes. Is there any effort by LG to put these apps on their operating system?

I have to say I was not happy to find out that none of the premium channels are supported. I have to disagree that LG doesn't have some influence on the apps. The fact is the software doesn't support flash. That's between LG and Adobe. Funny Netflix and Amazon Apps work just fine.. I really wish they would address this issue. 

• Like 4

This was my response from LG. What a bunch of BS! 

Hi Leon,  

Thank you so much for contacting LG Email Services. It is our pleasure to assist you with your inquiries or concerns about your LG devices. 

I understand that you are curious on why the HBO GO or Showtime Anytime application is still unavailable with the LG 55UJ6540 TV. With regards to your concern, please allow me to inform you that in order for LG to add an application to the list of application it can offer to our valued customers like you, LG and the developer of the application needs to reach an agreement that our units can carry the application and offer it to our customers. Now, such agreement is not yet existing and this is the reason why the application is still unavailable with the unit and the information if there are any updates for this is unavailable here on our end. I hope that you will understand. 

Please allow me to inform you that we strive to make our customers happy with the features of our products and that is the reason why we cherish the feedback and suggestions that we receive form our valued customers like you. Trough our internal ticketing system, we can create a ticket for your feedback about the HBO Go/Showtime Anytime applications and send it to our Software Development team. If you will ever be interested, please provide us your contact number so we can create an account for you here on our end that we can use to send the ticket for your feedback. 

Please let me also inform you that you that you may get in touch with the service provider to provide a feedback if they can create an app for the LG TVs because if the service providers detects that there is a high user request for an app to be created for LG TVs, they might create one. 

I hope that this information have been helpful to you. It has been a pleasure assisting you today! If you have any other questions or concerns, please don&#39t hesitate to contact us again via Email, Live Chat, or by calling the LGCustomer Service at 1-800-243-0000

• Like 2

Just sucks that I bought this " smart tv" to simplify everything. I love the tv itself but smart tv's themselves are obsolete without a complete range of apps. LG phones run on android so they have these apps. With chromecast, firestick , roku etc there is almost no use for a smart tv with only a few apps. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/8/2017 at 11:33 PM, leonis123 said:

I just bought an LG smart tv only to find out that HBO GO and SHO Anytimw are not available?!?!?!  This seems totally crazy. Why would LG do this ? I am thinking about taking it back to the store and getting something else. I feel like buying a Chromecast or Firestick would just defeat the purpose of having a "Smart TV". I don't want 300 remotes. Is there any effort by LG to put these apps on their operating system?

I recommend to use  firestick. There is many advantage. You can watch all channel in your lg smart tv without paying single penny. Simple you need to install kodi on Firestick and install some popular addons.  I recommend to use Sportsdevil. Please find from here addon's tutorial guide and all kodi related issue.    

link hidden, please login to view

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

LG should be pushing hard to HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CINEMAX, for apps for WEBOS.  It makes your TV's more appealing to buy.  I love the picture on my new LG TV; I did not realize there were no apps, and can't play via the browser; VERY DISAPPOINTED in a $2500 TV SET!     I don't want pay for these again via Hulu, or Amazon; as I already subscribe to these channels via cable TV; why do I want to pay again!   If you can't get the apps, make WEBSOS support Adobe FLASH, so we can watch via the browser!   Do SOMETHING please! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sphinxrb said:

LG should be pushing hard to HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CINEMAX, for apps for WEBOS.  It makes your TV's more appealing to buy.  I love the picture on my new LG TV; I did not realize there were no apps, and can't play via the browser; VERY DISAPPOINTED in a $2500 TV SET!     I don't want pay for these again via Hulu, or Amazon; as I already subscribe to these channels via cable TV; why do I want to pay again!   If you can't get the apps, make WEBSOS support Adobe FLASH, so we can watch via the browser!   Do SOMETHING please! 

Hi sphinxrb,

I agree that LG should be doing a lot more to get content providers on-board, even if LG developed the apps and the providers paid them to do it.  At least if that sort of set up was in place when LG updated webOS they would (in theory) know what to update in the apps themselves.

On the Adobe Flash front however I am sorry but it is such a prehistoric piece of software that is hugely complicated to programme for and is riddled with bugs.  HTML5 has usurped Flash's position in the market place, it is just that people are wedded to it and cannot seem to move on to a product that is less problematic, is simpler to produce content for and has less overheads both on the front and backends.  

• Like 1

Thanks George Hofmeister for the info.   Seems HBO and such; should at least make their video's playable in a web browser; as you mention, in HTML5 instead of FLASH.    Seems many other devices and TV brands have apps.  If I had known, I would have looked at other brands and maybe even chose a non-OLED TV.  I was so forward looking to having my first smart TV.  I knew there were no apps at the time, but did not realize, or even fathom, I could not watch in a browser either.  I did a lot of research on this TV, and thought I covered all the point's; but missed this one.   LG really needs to get on board quickly.   It stinks sitting here; hoping I can one day, watch these on my new TV.   I will say this to LG; burn me once, it's over.  If LG does not fix this;  but does it for newer TV's only; and not this current one; I will NEVER buy an LG product again, no electronics, no appliances (which I have a clothes washer), nothing form LG ever again.    

2 hours ago, George Hofmeister said:

On the Adobe Flash front however I am sorry but it is such a prehistoric piece of software that is hugely complicated to programme for and is riddled with bugs.  HTML5 has usurped Flash's position in the market place, it is just that people are wedded to it and cannot seem to move on to a product that is less problematic, is simpler to produce content for and has less overheads both on the front and backends.  

Completely agree. I ended up getting a Roku to get around the issue. Hopefully LG will through their weight around and get behind updated (HTML 5) apps in the future.

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kingroy
      Can not access to my LG store. After click on it going to load, but redirecting to previeous page. Also can not access to my LG store account. Any suggestions? 
      Model 42LB6520-TB.
      Best,
      Constantine
    • By Visalbot
      If I know LG TV give me a hard time like this I didn't buy LG Smart TV. I just bought LG UHD TV 43UP77, and now got stuck with no Netflix on LG Store, and when I press Netflix logo on magic remote, a message poppped up " Content is unavailable. This page is not available"  oh shit....... feel regretful
    • By News Reporter
      Becoming more sustainable means a commitment to using fewer resources, creating less waste, and doing everything possible to ensure a healthy planet for future generations. LG Electronics embraces this challenge and continues to take steps to reduce its environmental impact through an extensive program of ESG management. Along with its ambitious Zero Carbon 2030 initiative and goal to transition completely to renewable energy by 2050, LG offers innovative solutions that can help consumers to live more in balance with nature today.

LG recently had an opportunity to demonstrate its eco-conscious exhibit for its state-of-the art HVAC solutions at Korea Energy Show 2021, South Korea’s largest annual energy exhibition. Instead of wasting new resources on a temporary exhibit, LG used prefabricated shipping containers and adopted recycled materials such as wood waste to create a unique, visually interesting space.

Exhibiting a complete range of highly efficient LG HVAC solutions suitable for homes, offices, schools as well as other indoor environments, the highlight of the exhibit was a new commercial air conditioner made more efficient via an AI engine.

LG’s latest HVAC solutions leverage smart technologies to help create better indoor air quality while simultaneously cutting energy consumption. LG’s ceiling-mounted 1 Way Cassette with comprehensive air purification system cleans, cools and heats the air to keep the home comfortable all year around.

Other LG innovations on exhibit at the show included the LG Energy Storage System (ESS) and Building Energy Control (BECON), a powerful duo that together create a total energy management solution for businesses. Also on display was the LG 4-Way DUAL Vane Cassette which employs UVnano technology and an antibacterial drain pan to enhance the hygiene of the unit and the airflow produced.1
      LG showcased its first GHP Hybrid Heat Pump system air conditioner, a cost-effective option for educational and governmental facilities. LG’s hybrid solution combines the advantages of electric- and gas-powered climate control systems to deliver superb performance while reducing the cost of cooling and heating.2

To further minimizing its footprint, LG moved to using recycled materials for the packaging of the outdoor units of its system air conditioners. Instead of using expanded polystyrene in its packaging, LG opted for expanded polypropylene as it offers improved cushioning and protection for its products. LG estimates that switching to reusable expanded polypropylene for all its AC packaging will cut its annual paper usage by 85 tons and polystyrene usage by 19 tons.

After the conclusion of Korea Energy Show 2021, LG donated the exhibition containers to Habitat Korea, the South Korean branch of the global nonprofit Habitat for Humanity. The repurposed containers will be utilized by the organization as a dedicated education center.
      As LG’s efficient, eco-responsible HVAC solutions demonstrate, creating a healthy, comfortable indoor environment doesn’t have to come at the expense of sustainability. With innovations that carefully consider the needs of its customers and the well-being of the planet, LG is helping to bring about a
      # # #
      1 Testing conducted by FITI Testing and Research Institute verified the LG DUAL Vane Cassette resulted in the reduction of 99 percent of Staphylococcus bacteria and colon bacillus.
      2 Based on cooling/heating load of 52HP (GHP 32HP and Multi V 20HP) and the proper energy source (electricity or gas), the LG GHP Hybrid Heat Pump can save up to 28 percent of the energy cost (electricity and gas combined) compared to the energy cost of using Multi V alone. Operation cost may vary depending on load conditions, climate and other environmental factors.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By San Lam
      Why Netflix is not available in LG content store? My LG smart TV model is [LG] webOS TV UM7290PTD and my country region is Cambodia.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By ozzyzig94
      Hi everyone. I have a quite recent LG 43UM74507LA smart TV (2019 model). The current software version is the 05.10.25.
      I can read on the guide that the maximum suggested size for an external USB-connected drive is 2 TB. But what does it mean suggested? That it might be dangerous in some form for the hard drive to connect a unit which is larger than 2 TB?
      I am asking this because I actually use to connect a 4 TB external hard drive (a portable WD elements), with single NTFS partition, just to watch some video files (so no recording or else), and it works just perfectly. No problem of any sort. That's why I am very confused. I should also add that this drive is almost full (it contains 3.6 TB of data), and this does not affect the readability by the TV.
      I am indeed considering to buy another hard disk (exactly because the former one is almost full 😄), and I am considering a 8 TB WD Elements Destkop, which will be also formatted in NTFS (the only difference is that this one must be plugged to power as well, while the former only requires to be plugged to the TV via USB). Now, since the former 4 TB hard drive actually works, despite the "official suggestion", should I be confident that also the 8 TB one will work? Would you suggest me to proceed with buying that?
      Thank you very much in advance for your answers!
    • By JCowper
      I have a LG 55" 4K UHD HDR OLED webOS Smart TV and a Sonos Arc. They have been working together fine, but suddenly are not and I cannot seem to fix it. I have tried everything from new hdmi cable to total factory reset on both pieces of equipment and I am so frustrated! 
      Can anyone assist me with what might work? Or is anyone else suddenly experiencing issues with this setup as well?
      thanks!!

• By PNike24
      Does anybody know why my LG C9 OLED is not showing Showtime Anytime programming in 4K/UHD but other LG models running the same version of the application have 4K/UHD available (including non OLEDs)? 
    • By Alex
      ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Oct. 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA announced today a  offering the first six months of the HBO Max Ad-Free plan included with the purchase of qualifying 2021 LG OLED and LG QNED MiniLED TVs at LG-authorized retailers and via LG.com effective now through November 12, 2021 ($90.00 value).1 Visit  for full details.
      LG Smart TV owners can now access HBO Max2 on the webOS platform by opening the HBO Max app using their remote or, when available, by saying "HBO Max" into their LG Magic Remote3.
      HBO Max is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer platform, offering best-in-class quality entertainment and featuring the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences from the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and more, as well as all-new Max Originals. LG Smart TV owners will have access to HBO Max's entire catalog of programming, including an array of new series and film debuts. For more information about HBO Max, visit .
      Experts worldwide have hailed LG OLED as the best TV technology ever, thanks to its unique ability to create its own light. Only OLED TVs feature over 8 million self-lit pixels that can be individually controlled, resulting in perfect black, over a billion rich colors and infinite contrast for a viewing experience like no other. Featuring Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, LG OLED TVs elevate your home entertainment experience and bring the magic of movies into your home. The LG OLED C series is currently the top-selling premium TV series in the US4.
      For more information on LG OLED and LG QNED MiniLED TVs visit .
      1    Consumers who purchase an eligible 2021 LG OLED or QNED MiniLED TV between October 1, 2021 and November 12, 2021 from a participating retailer may be eligible to claim the first 6 months of an HBO Max subscription included with your purchase. HBO Max codes must be redeemed by December 19, 2021. New HBO Max subscribers only. Visit  for full terms and conditions.
      2   Separate subscription required.
      3   LG Magic Remote available with select TV models.  Visit LG.com for more information.
      4   Source: The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Weekly Retail Tracking Service, LCD TVs, Jan. 3, 2021- June 5, 2021 combined. LG defines "premium" as products with an ASP of $1,000+ and display size 55 inches+.
      About LG Electronics USA
      LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $56 billion global innovator in technology and manufacturing. In the United States, LG sells a wide range of innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems, solar energy solutions and vehicle components. LG is a seven-time ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. The "Life's Good" marketing theme encompasses how LG is dedicated to people's happiness by exceeding expectations today and tomorrow. 
      link hidden, please login to view. SOURCE LG Electronics USA