Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Pat

this app will now restart to free up more memory

Question

Bought a new 65" Smart TV, all the preoaded apps You Tube, Netflix etc  are restarting after couple of minutes with "this app will now restart to free up more memory" message.

1 person likes this

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

6 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue with version 04.30.70,  LGwebostv uh6035 is the model information that i got off the tv.

For me, it was crashing out when i had an Apple TV connected to the HDMI 1 (i had to resort to watching netflix via the apple tv since when i used the built in app on the tv, it would crash)

But now, even when an app isn't used, and it's just on HDMI1 it crashed with the same error.

I called support and they suggested that i do a reset. i did that and i then tried using it again, and so far i haven't had any issues. The apps take a while to launch, but that's about it. I'm going to keep an eye on it, and call "advanced technical support" if it still doesn't work.

This is SO annoying.

Im Getting the same message too. It may have something to do with a bug in the new update. How long is it before your system says the app needs to restart? For me its a few seconds.

Same here, very annoying

I'm having the same issue with version 04.30.70,  LGwebostv uh6035 is the model information that i got off the tv.

For me, it was crashing out when i had an Apple TV connected to the HDMI 1 (i had to resort to watching netflix via the apple tv since when i used the built in app on the tv, it would crash)

But now, even when an app isn't used, and it's just on HDMI1 it crashed with the same error.

I called support and they suggested that i do a reset. i did that and i then tried using it again, and so far i haven't had any issues. The apps take a while to launch, but that's about it. I'm going to keep an eye on it, and call "advanced technical support" if it still doesn't work.

This is SO annoying.

Just got our 50UH5500 set up yesterday, was looking forward to streaming The Americans straight from FX website.  Gave up after about 5 of these "App will restart" crashes.  And finished  watching on the iPad. Not going to put up with this, will happily return and let Best Buy sell it open box to some other sucker.  Where is the LG support input on this forum?  I'm brand new as of today, but is it just us b****ing at each other (WITH each other??)??

14 hours ago, dalnz said:

Just got our 50UH5500 set up yesterday, was looking forward to streaming The Americans straight from FX website.  Gave up after about 5 of these "App will restart" crashes.  And finished  watching on the iPad. Not going to put up with this, will happily return and let Best Buy sell it open box to some other sucker.  Where is the LG support input on this forum?  I'm brand new as of today, but is it just us b****ing at each other (WITH each other??)??

Try doing the reset, so far it hasn't crashed out on me.