Quantcast

this app will now restart to free up more memory

Pat

Question

On 9/8/2018 at 5:43 AM, Ang said:

We had the same issue.  Unplug your tv and press the on/off button on the tv, hold it in for 10 seconds while the tv is unplugged.  Then wait 20 seconds more and plug the tv back in and turn it back on.  This solved the problem for us.

Thank you very much Ang because I believe it was your suggestion that solved mine problem !!!Just in case someone wants to follow my steps resolving this super frustrating situation this is what I did :

My tv model LG OLED55B7V, bought it 2 months ago , started crashing Netflix app again and again ...

1) turned off FAST STANDBY/OPEN

2) turned off WIFI , I have only Ethernet

3) did factory reset 

And still the same ....😫😫😫

...but then I did what Ang suggested and voila!!! Problem solved . I watched a full episode of OZARK and Netflix app was fine .

I will report back if anything goes south the rest of the day ...

thanx again Ang!!

I'm having the same issue with version 04.30.70,  LGwebostv uh6035 is the model information that i got off the tv.

For me, it was crashing out when i had an Apple TV connected to the HDMI 1 (i had to resort to watching netflix via the apple tv since when i used the built in app on the tv, it would crash)

But now, even when an app isn't used, and it's just on HDMI1 it crashed with the same error.

I called support and they suggested that i do a reset. i did that and i then tried using it again, and so far i haven't had any issues. The apps take a while to launch, but that's about it. I'm going to keep an eye on it, and call "advanced technical support" if it still doesn't work.

This is SO annoying.

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue with version 04.30.70,  LGwebostv uh6035 is the model information that i got off the tv.

For me, it was crashing out when i had an Apple TV connected to the HDMI 1 (i had to resort to watching netflix via the apple tv since when i used the built in app on the tv, it would crash)

But now, even when an app isn't used, and it's just on HDMI1 it crashed with the same error.

I called support and they suggested that i do a reset. i did that and i then tried using it again, and so far i haven't had any issues. The apps take a while to launch, but that's about it. I'm going to keep an eye on it, and call "advanced technical support" if it still doesn't work.

This is SO annoying.

• Like 1

Just got our 50UH5500 set up yesterday, was looking forward to streaming The Americans straight from FX website.  Gave up after about 5 of these "App will restart" crashes.  And finished  watching on the iPad. Not going to put up with this, will happily return and let Best Buy sell it open box to some other sucker.  Where is the LG support input on this forum?  I'm brand new as of today, but is it just us b****ing at each other (WITH each other??)??

14 hours ago, dalnz said:

Just got our 50UH5500 set up yesterday, was looking forward to streaming The Americans straight from FX website.  Gave up after about 5 of these "App will restart" crashes.  And finished  watching on the iPad. Not going to put up with this, will happily return and let Best Buy sell it open box to some other sucker.  Where is the LG support input on this forum?  I'm brand new as of today, but is it just us b****ing at each other (WITH each other??)??

Try doing the reset, so far it hasn't crashed out on me.

19 hours ago, Johan Korthout said:

What reset? A factory default reset? How to do the reset? Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, BAZ said:

I'd also like to know this!

Yes, a default factory reset to the TV. Go to the settings button on your control (gear icon)>all settings>general>reset to initial settings.

It's been a few months since my post and i haven't had it crash out on me since.

I also had this issue with my 65sj850v model. it is brand new 2017 model actually. I turned off Quickstart+(I am not sure the exact name of it), Delete unuse app.

Connect Lan instead Wi-Fi. All solution was not helpful.

My issue was only happened when I was using Web Browsing and watching movie clip.  And I realize that it was happening only few specific web page made by Java. I thought this problem comes from that web page. since I am not using this webpage and not accessing. Problem is not happening again.

I'm having the same issue and I would love to take some of the advice posted by resetting to factory. The problem is I can't keep the settings open long enough to reset. I keep getting that same message "this app will restart to free up more memory". It's very frustrating. I've always been a fan of LG but this isn't making me love the product at all. 

Does anyone have any other ways I can clear my memory. I own a 55UJ6300.

I have the same issue with LG 43UJ630V  when playing YouTube via WebOS and it is really annoying. Fortunately I also have a Roku streaming stick with YouTube and all the other apps and this works perfectly so far but it would be good if LG could fix their WebOS or TV software bug. As always with these companies the usual advice to 'reset' never works it just means having to set up the TV all over again.  So far very disappointed with this WebOS , the guide takes forever to load and cannot be clicked to show  genres. Trying to freeze picture just triggers the 'cannot record to this storage device' error even though it does manage to record to USB stick via record button or guide. Even my 5 year old Toshiba could record to USB storage so LG are years behind with this. I have also removed/deleted all the unwanted 'apps' I never use hoping this might 'free up some memory' but it hasn't. Anything else I could try - apart from buying Panasonic?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nitin Chopra
      Hi Team,
      After update of LG WebOS to 04.40.70, Amazon Prime Video app on my LG Smart TV stopped working. It started giving error :
      Internet Connectivity Problem
      There is an internet connection problem. Check the device's internet settings, data cables, or try to resetting your router. Also, turning your device off, and then back on might fix the problem. For further assistance, please contact Amazon customer service at www.amazon.com/videohelp
      The internet/wifi connection is fine and all the other apps are working without any issue on the LG smart TV.
      I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Prime video app, but that didn't help.
      Has anyone faced this issue ? Is there a solution available for this issue.
      Thanks & Regards,
      Nitin
    • By Filip_IT
      Hello
      I have login issue on a brand new LG TV 55UR640S0ZD there I  want to create content with content manager and create Groups with Group Manager 2.0.
      I´m trying to login to Dashboard with chrome and Internet Explorer browser which is connected to wlan with IP address:
      link hidden, please login to view  Here it says to Input Password and I have tested
      admin
      Without success, what is the default password?  
      I have reset the TV from Hotell mode menu and ordinary Menu to factory default but does it exist any other way to reset TV?
      How can I get access to my TV?
      All help is appreciated
      BR. Filip

• By News Reporter
      In this installment of On the Job, we go inside LG’s System Integrated Circuit (SIC) Center to learn how LG is leveraging the latest AI to help deliver new customer experiences.

Imagine if there was a refrigerator that could play music and change color to match your current mood or spice up your kitchen décor. Well, as it happens, such a fridge actually exists – the newly introduced refrigerator with MoodUP from LG. The unique capabilities and customer experiences offered by LG’s latest kitchen innovation owe much to the LG8111, an on-device AI system-on-chip (SoC) developed by LG’s SIC Center.
      Even before it was known as LG Electronics, the company began producing chips for consumer electronics as far back as 1992, at the ASIC Center under Goldstar’s Central Research Institute. Now, LG’s SIC Center is responsible for developing all of the AI chips used in LG products. These technologies have evolved over time to become the AI-based integrated circuits now used in cutting-edge appliances and home entertainment solutions such as LG OLED TV, and now, the fridge with MoodUP.

(From left to right) Chang Woon-suk, lead of Smart Solution TP, LG SIC Center, and Lee Jin-jong, LG SIC Center professional
      Greatly expanding the customer experience, the company’s latest AI chips can process innumerable data points and enable LG appliances to communicate with one another – and with other smart devices as well. LG8111, the new AI chip used in the MoodUP, features an acceleration engine that processes information gathered from the refrigerator’s built-in cameras, microphones and sensors in real time. This allows the MoodUP to quickly recognize changes in its immediate environment and adjust performance accordingly, facilitate more convenient interactions with users and accurately assess if all of its features are functioning optimally.

Recognizing the importance that AI will play in consumer electronics and wanting to find a solution to differentiate LG products, engineers at the LG SIC Center began to develop the LG8111 in 2017 and created the first prototype in 2018. The LG8111, a highly integrated AI chip that is equipped with an LG-specific AI processor, is perfectly designed for LG products. While the chip performs and functions better online, its AI functions can also be utilized offline as well.
      Impressively, the LG8111 can provide three types of AI: vision intelligence (the ability to recognize and distinguish between different spaces, locations, objects and users), voice intelligence (the ability to recognize users’ voices or specific noises associated with a certain type of space) and control intelligence (the ability to adjust and optimize performance according to physical or chemical changes in the environment). Also, when connected to Wi-Fi, any product equipped with the LG8111 can transmit information to nearby devices or to cloud servers.

“We spent a considerable amount of time deciding which device would be the first to apply our new on-device AI chip,” said Chang Woon-suk, lead of Smart Solution TP, LG SIC Center.
      Various appliances were in contention, but ultimately, the SIC team decided to go with a refrigerator, a choice made because the household fridge has the distinction of being the only home appliance to operate 24/7. The first recipient of the state-of-the-art chip, the color-changing LG refrigerator with MoodUP boasts a seamless voice recognition feature that allows for convenient, remote control and monitoring via the LG ThinQ app.

“All of our top-notch researchers at the LG SIC Center are dedicated to developing chip solutions based on the core goal of maximizing customer value,” said Chang. “While we’re pleased with the success of the LG8111, we will continue to push the envelope as a team to take the customer experience to the next level.”
      The successful implementation of the LG8111 in the new LG refrigerator with MoodUP opens the way for the chip’s use in a wide range of LG solutions, from other smart home appliances to electric vehicle components.
      Stay tuned to
      link hidden, please login to view to learn more about the innovative technologies LG is using to drive the customer experience forward. # # #

• By Luka Pantsulaia
      I bought LG smart tv. for some reason region selected was Africa and could only choose from african countries and had very little available apps in content store. I live in Georgia, so figured that  changing region to EU would help so changed it to 3122 and selected service country UK because Georgia was not in the list. after that every app says that it is not available in current country. I have  default region code saved so I guess could go back but wondering if any one can help me to get it working in EU. or if anyone have region code in which Georgia is available it will be helpful as well. 
    • By Lizzy
      I have set up a hard disc, that I can see in the home menu, but when I go to the guide and select the "i" it only gives me the option to watch. I am very new to smart television and I can't figure out how to correct this problem.
  • Similar Tagged Content