Quantcast

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

It's great hepmisafir, even more lunatics.  :D

I remember your post, but I forgot to answer. Sorry about that. Anyway, you see what is the situation with your UF850x. And I don't think so that different model number may cause downgrade problem. All the time I think the problem is in the wrong configuration of the connection between TV, PC and Internet/LG servers. If we are unable to connect to LG servers, wired connection between PC and TV without router will not help us. I also thought about it, the problem is only in fact that for me everything is working properly, so I can't see how it works for you.

Hello again Simon,

Unfortunately, my downgrade attempts using my other modem also failed both for the local and online approaches.

I don't think our problem is related to a networking issue (after trying many many different configurations, I believe this way :) )

It seems like our TV does not accept the response file (maybe UF8507 requires some extra steps in the procedure or a response file in a different format) or LG did something on 04.10.10 firmware to block downgrade options  :wacko: I don't want to loose my hope here but I am getting closer to getting crazy :)

Not working on my tv (65UG870V-ZA.BPIYLJP, assembled in Poland on april 2015 and bought on july in Italy).

Double checked the internet configuration via 2 different computers (with firewall off) and it's ok, but no upgrade is found and the dump file is always empty.

I want to downgrade because with 03.20.05 there are too many juddering problems (for example in funbox 4k test channel, perfect with the old firmware, now full of ghosting and stuttering)

Hello mtuna10.  ;)

And... nope, any new ideas, unfortunately. Even our Russian brothers didn't know any good solutions. I do not know what else we can do except just a drink...  :huh:

In response to your previous post - I had in mind that we send our signal into space, instead of the correct server LG. 

It's a fkng joke that LG released a beta firmware which can not be downgraded. Another thing that probably was not designed for your TVs. 

I'm damn sorry that I can not help you all.  :(

As a consolation - I talked with a few friends and they have similar problems with their TVs Sony, Panasonic, Philips and Samsung of course.

So guys... let us rejoice that we have a beautiful picture...

Hi guys,

Yesterday i faced with this
link hidden, please login to view
method. Luckily, this method worked succesfully for my 49UF8507 model. I think NSU_Emu by SMX method can be an alternative way for who suffers from LgTvUpdater method like me and mtuna10. Finally my tv was downgraded.  :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for your guidance SIMON.
  • Like 1

Hello Simon, 

I'm Ricardo Fernandez.

I have a LG TV 47LA6900-UD (2013 Model), and I need to know if with your Tool I can Downgrade the Firmware in this TV.

I recently update to the last fimware 05.09.06, and with this software the sound of the tv is not clear and low volume.

Regards Simon.

Ricardo

Hello mtuna10.  ;)

And... nope, any new ideas, unfortunately. Even our Russian brothers didn't know any good solutions. I do not know what else we can do except just a drink...  :huh:

In response to your previous post - I had in mind that we send our signal into space, instead of the correct server LG. 

It's a fkng joke that LG released a beta firmware which can not be downgraded. Another thing that probably was not designed for your TVs. 

I'm damn sorry that I can not help you all.  :(

As a consolation - I talked with a few friends and they have similar problems with their TVs Sony, Panasonic, Philips and Samsung of course.

So guys... let us rejoice that we have a beautiful picture...

Hello Simon,

Thanks a lot for all your help and patience. Thanks to the method @hepmisafir found, I believe that I will finally be able to downgrade my dumb TV :)

Hello everyone. I'm smx, the author of the downgrade tool on 

I noticed this topic after a guy mentioned it in the (mostly silent) openlgtv IRC channel.

To reply to people saying that LG added a security check: i didn't do any change since my initial Netcast version, it just works as is.

There could be multiple reasons as why the LgTvUpdater tool doesn't work, but i didn't check as my tool shares no code with that tool, it's just a different implementation.

I actually had my tool in private testing within some friends at openlgtv before LgTvUpdater got released.
After it got released, i then thought about releasing my version to the public aswell (no point in keeping it private anymore, and many testers were also gone), so it has some rough edges (like not being an easy to setup tool).

But I am currently working on an updated, stand alone version, that should be easier to use and configure than the current one.

So stay tuned  ;)

Oh, and happy to be part of this forum  ^_^

• Like 3

Hello smx, Ricardo, hey mtuna10 and the guy.  :D

And yeah, welcome to LG DUMB TV CLUB, smx. Nice to see you here, and I hope that you find some time to support our colleagues in the struggle with Korean space technology.  ;)

@mtuna, of course please let me know when you make your TV a little smarter.  :lol:

@Ricardo, this tool can be used to downgrade TVs LA620 - LA741, so you can try to downgrade your 47LA6900 TV. 

Just try and let me know. If you need more help, we will be here to give it to you. BTW What's your location?

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

My smart TV is not so smart.  The crazy Russians have not been able to figure out a way for the newest firmware to get into.  There is absolutely no way to enable the debug mode.  My TV is an LG 49LF6300 (Canadian model).  I enabled the serial port and am able to send commands to it.  But this downgrade procedure does not work.  I can see that the DNS server is responding.  The dump file is empty though.  I tried on Win 10 and Win 7 with the same results.  Tried few versions of the LG update package.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Tom

Hello Tom,

If your in_dump file still empty, I can't help you too much. We've had similar cases with UF8507 model. 

Did you tried use

? The guys successfully performed downgrade their TV's when they had a problem with empty in_dump file.

Hello Tom,

If your in_dump file still empty, I can't help you too much. We've had similar cases with UF8507 model. 

Did you tried use

? The guys successfully performed downgrade their TV's when they had a problem with empty in_dump file.

Hey, no worries :D

Got rid of that 'stupid' TV and changed to Samsung that doesn't spy on me.  Hooked up a Raspberry Pi and I'm set!

Thanks!

-Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Simon I don't understand why should you downgrade tv firmware if after do it you check Update again via tv? Is there any issues with LG tv update? ??

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

@tiger81, you must to downgrade firmware and check for update again, if you have installed beta firmware with higher number than official firmware. When beta firmware is like 05.00.40, you can't install oficial update like 05.00.20. After downgrade, you can install firmware which you want by OTA or USB. 

Ok thanks it's clear now! I don't thought that LG released beta fw where we can find these? Do you know if there's a beta firmware for model uf850v! I know that same tv model but manufactured more recently (November 2015) have version 4.0 BUT my tv doesn't find any update and last firmware uploaded on LG website is 03.20.05 (version equipped on my tv)! I think that LG update is a fucked mess

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hey, same problem here, no firmware found  :mellow:

<REQUEST>
<PRODUCT_NM>webOSTV 2.0</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_W15A_AFADABAA</MODEL_NM>
<SW_TYPE>FIRMWARE</SW_TYPE>
<MAJOR_VER>04</MAJOR_VER>
<MINOR_VER>20.50</MINOR_VER>
<COUNTRY>DE</COUNTRY>
<DEVICE_ID>c8:08:e9:40:f6:57</DEVICE_ID>
<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>
<IGNORE_DISABLE>N</IGNORE_DISABLE>