Quantcast

How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

Eu também não consigo fazer o downgrade. Aparece um erro na tela com a seguinte mensagem: Erro na descriptografia dos dos dados.

Sinceramente minha vontade neste momento é comprar uma nova placa principal para troca. Já tentei muitas vezes fazer o downgrade e sempre com o mesmo erro. 

Já tentei instalar uma versão mais nova, através do pendrive, mas também sem sucesso, pois não aparece mensagem alguma. 

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I have a smart TV 49UH610V and I am trying to downgrade from 5.60.03 to a previous version (5.30.25).

I am trying this way to save my tv: after the upgrade to the latest firmware, executed when the tv asked me to upgrade, I am experimenting highly instable images, overlaying images, flickering horizontal lines and bad colors...and I would like to check if the problem is related to the firmware or to hardware. As for the LG assistants it is just an hardware problem.

I have followed the described procedure in order to use LgDTVUpDater; the tv detects the previous firmware in the LgDTVUpDater folder, ask me to proceed, the process starts but suddenly it is interrupted. The error message is "update failed because the SW version is lower than the SW version of the TV".

I also tried to change the name of the epk file in order to test if the tv see it as a newer one (5.60.04) but with no success.

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Thanks a lot

HE_DTV_W16P_AFADABAA file

<RESPONSE>
<RESULT_CD>900</RESULT_CD>
<MSG>Success</MSG>
<REQ_ID>00000000017300397740</REQ_ID>
<IMAGE_URL>http://192.168.0.12</IMAGE_URL>
<IMAGE_SIZE>848430030 </IMAGE_SIZE>
<IMAGE_NAME>starfish-dvb-secured-k2lp-45.dharug.k2lp-4506-05.30.25-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk</IMAGE_NAME>
<UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>05</UPDATE_MAJOR_VER>
<UPDATE_MINOR_VER>60.04</UPDATE_MINOR_VER>
<FORCE_FLAG>Y</FORCE_FLAG>
<KE></KE><GMT>18 Apr 2021 20:39:01 GMT</GMT>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CDN_URL>http://192.168.0.12:80/starfish-dvb-secured-k2lp-45.dharug.k2lp-4506-05.30.25-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk</CDN_URL>
<CONTENTS></CONTENTS>
</RESPONSE>

In_log_result.txt

<REQUEST>
<REQ_ID>00000000017300397740</REQ_ID>
<PRODUCT_NM>webOSTV 3.0</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_W16P_AFADABAA</MODEL_NM>
<SW_TYPE>FIRMWARE</SW_TYPE>
<UPDATE_RESULT>720</UPDATE_RESULT>
<RETRY_COUNT>0</RETRY_COUNT>
</REQUEST>

In_dump.txt

<REQUEST>
<PRODUCT_NM>webOSTV 3.0</PRODUCT_NM>
<MODEL_NM>HE_DTV_W16P_AFADABAA</MODEL_NM>
<SW_TYPE>FIRMWARE</SW_TYPE>
<MAJOR_VER>05</MAJOR_VER>
<MINOR_VER>60.03</MINOR_VER>
<COUNTRY>IT</COUNTRY>
<COUNTRY_GROUP>EU</COUNTRY_GROUP>
<DEVICE_ID>14:c9:13:98:d8:cc</DEVICE_ID>
<AUTH_FLAG>N</AUTH_FLAG>
<IGNORE_DISABLE>N</IGNORE_DISABLE>
<ECO_INFO>01</ECO_INFO>
<CONFIG_KEY>00</CONFIG_KEY>
<LANGUAGE_CODE>it-IT</LANGUAGE_CODE></REQUEST>

• 3 weeks later...

My experience with LG WebOS  in a nutshell... "It SUCKS" and it sucks big time. I am a techie myself with lot of modding experience but when it comes to LG WebOS, I have given up as it is a black box and we are at the mercy of LG to push updates or to get any apps. 

So, I have forgotten that these are SMART TVs and installed FireTV Stick/Cube with each one of them... and I have 3 of them... lol. At least now my daily struggle with apps is over.

3 hours ago, Rajeev said:

My experience with LG WebOS  in a nutshell... "It SUCKS" and it sucks big time. I am a techie myself with lot of modding experience but when it comes to LG WebOS, I have given up as it is a black box and we are at the mercy of LG to push updates or to get any apps. 

So, I have forgotten that these are SMART TVs and installed FireTV Stick/Cube with each one of them... and I have 3 of them... lol. At least now my daily struggle with apps is over.

Not so clever then are you for a supposed techie... 

12 hours ago, Shotokan101 said:

Not so clever then are you for a supposed techie... 

well, I would have appreciated some thoughts or inputs as to what can be done to solve this issue rather than just a personal comment..!!! 

1 hour ago, Rajeev said:

well, I would have appreciated some thoughts or inputs as to what can be done to solve this issue rather than just a personal comment..!!! 

Well it's not a problem just a fact - if you want App Store  apps then you buy an Android OS TV 

Tho only glimmer of hope otherwise is that WEBOS is now being adopted by other mainstream TV Manufacturers which should drive the development of a wider selection of popular apps

In the meantime buy a cheap android streaming stick 

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 8:24 PM, Shotokan101 said:

Well it's not a problem just a fact - if you want App Store  apps then you buy an Android OS TV 

Tho only glimmer of hope otherwise is that WEBOS is now being adopted by other mainstream TV Manufacturers which should drive the development of a wider selection of popular apps

In the meantime buy a cheap android streaming stick 

Jim

Yea, the difference is that those Cheap Android Stick do work well and without mining these LG Tech Forums for some hints on how to make something work which is just so trivial in nature that rest of the world feels is to be natural to work. Like streaming apps and a browser. 

There is a reason why Proprietary systems fail... either be so good at it (e.g. Apple or Microsoft) or become non-proprietary like Android... If you are in the middle... You will go down sooner than later like Blackberry or Nokia. You may enjoy a fellowship for sometime, but eventually, the world has more Non-Techie guys or people like me who feel it is not worth spending days of my time trying to work something seems trivial with other systems. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/1/2020 at 7:40 PM, lbm_14 said:

Hi @SIMON hi all, I need downgrade my TV.

I'm from Argentina.

Tv model: 43UJ6560-SB

Actually webOS TV version: 3.8.0-61208

Actually software version: 05.8030

Model NM: HE_DTV_W17M_AFADATAA

Thanks!!!

Hola, como estas?

Estoy en la misma situacion que vos. pudiste resolver como volver para atras el software del tv?

Saludos desde Rosario.Argenina

On 7/1/2020 at 7:40 PM, lbm_14 said:

Hi @SIMON hi all, I need downgrade my TV.

I'm from Argentina.

Tv model: 43UJ6560-SB

Actually webOS TV version: 3.8.0-61208

Actually software version: 05.8030

Model NM: HE_DTV_W17M_AFADATAA

Thanks!!!

Hola, como estas? Estoy en la misma situación que vos, pudiste encontrar como volver atras el Webos de tv?

Saludos de Rosario, Argentina

• 1 year later...