Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

Hi guys, i recently bought the  Lg 42LB650V and yesterday it automatically updated, and i have a problem, when i am using a app for log time, like watching video on youtube, after a while it say's me something like "Out of Memory, app closed". Please help me what can i do. It displayed this error before the update but never in the youtube app, only when browsing. and i have another problem, when i am watching a video on the web browser, after 10-15 minutes, it displays the same out of memory error, and i watched the same video on my friend's lg smart tv that hasn't got webOs, has got the old Lg smart tv OS, cinema 3d , and i watched the complete video without any error, and did lot of other stuff and didn't got the out of memory error. I bought this LG thinking that it's a new model so it will not have problems, if i can watch in the old TV, why not in the new TV. Please help me, i am very worried because i will have to change the TV because of the same error that i got in my Sony Smart TV that i returned to the store. HEEEEELP Please. :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

• Like 4

148 answers to this question

im just repeating myself: GET A NEW ROUTER! It solved 99% "out of memory" problems! Seriously.

I used to get the "out of memory" probably 10-20 times a day using SmartShare. And now after getting new router i got the error only 3 times during 2 months after (3-4hrs) long hours of youtube when switched to SmartShare. 

GET A NEW ROUTER and 'out of memory. app is closed' problem is SOLVED. LG TVs dont communicate well with older routers, and that is fine.

• Like 2

Hi everyone, i was a bit busy these days but now i am back, i would like to inform you that if you install a new update, the first time you use there will be no errors and you can use apps, watch movies on the browser,etc. But when you turn off the TV and try it the second time, it will start giving you errors. It's LG guys, crazy logic, but i have found a real solution, a little trick to get rid of the out of memory error, soon i will post it, be patient, yes, our dream will come true, no out of memory error. But remember that it's a temporary solution. Thanks, pleased to help you.

I have tested the new firmware Version_04.45.04 on my LB650V since I posted here in the forum the answer from support.

No errors appeared.

If anyone have problems with the new version, please write it here.

Otherwise Moderators have the right and obligation to announce the solution on this thread.

I have described in details the circumstances under which the error "out of memory. app is closed" and now from new firmware 4.45.04 renamed "this app will close to free up more memory" occurs HERE

Who does not use the smart option will have no problems with memory!!!

im just repeating myself: GET A NEW ROUTER! It solved 99% "out of memory" problems! Seriously.

I used to get the "out of memory" probably 10-20 times a day using SmartShare. And now after getting new router i got the error only 3 times during 2 months after (3-4hrs) long hours of youtube when switched to SmartShare. 

GET A NEW ROUTER and 'out of memory. app is closed' problem is SOLVED. LG TVs dont communicate well with older routers, and that is fine.

It think this is not a problem with the routers. I experimented with 3 routers (HG520c, HG531V1, Linksys-Cisco WAG160N) and with each appears this annoying bug.. Especially getting on my nerves it is now that stupid message renamed!!!

• Like 1

Really? So I switched to OLD router on purpose, and got "out of memory" problem in 10 minutes using SmartShare.
Dejan, the models routers you tried are all ~5y old. I would suggest trying with a new one. Maybe that would help.

And btw, i am running 4.41.32 firmware, not the newest one.

I have described in details the circumstances under which the error "out of memory. app is closed" and now from new firmware 4.45.04 renamed "this app will close to free up more memory" occurs HERE

Who does not use the smart option will have no problems with memory!!!

Ok, now you mentioned that you have the latest firmware installed on your TV set.

If so, please send an e-mail to LG support.

Me instead, I'm a bit more lucky. No errors appeared. And BTW, I use SmartShare  service quite often. Besides Smart Share, I use an app to watch IPTV, called SSIPTV. Before the update, I was getting "Out of memory" error, every 2 minutes. Solution with unplugging the power cord from TV, helped only for 1-2 hours of watching without errors.

I don't have cable TV, so I use only Smart option.

Hi everyone, i was a bit busy these days but now i am back, i would like to inform you that if you install a new update, the first time you use there will be no errors and you can use apps, watch movies on the browser,etc. But when you turn off the TV and try it the second time, it will start giving you errors. It's LG guys, crazy logic, but i have found a real solution, a little trick to get rid of the out of memory error, soon i will post it, be patient, yes, our dream will come true, no out of memory error. But remember that it's a temporary solution. Thanks, pleased to help you.

I have a TP-LINK WR1042ND running with one of the most advanced Operating Systems for routers, called DD-WRT. So I don't think either that the router is causing the error.

Software_File(Version_04.45.04) is out for 42LB650V, has anyone try it?

Edit: Same problems, working slow, quick setting opens fast but then whatever you choose it is slow just as before, everything is rubbish.

Software_File(Version_04.45.04) is out for 42LB650V, has anyone try it?

Edit: Same problems, working slow, quick setting opens fast but then whatever you choose it is slow just as before, everything is rubbish.

The error is gone, at least on my set. This thread is about "Out of memory", not the speed of menu browsing. You should have take it back to the store if you didn't like the speed.

There's a hope on a new OS version coming up.

Well the problem is back! It just started on my TV after an Update to 05.00.04. I bought my TV last September, so now the Guarantee is about to run out.

Make sure you have strong network connection. I changed my network configuration and It never occur again

Make sure you have strong network connection. I changed my network configuration and It never occur again

It's a real problem that LG are aware of, here is the email that they sent me...

Thank you for your email.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in response to your email. We have had an incredibly high volume of emails and we are working through them as quickly as we possibly can.

I am sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing with your 42LB650V. I would like to troubleshoot this issue for you.

We are aware of this issue and we are working on a firmware patch to fix this as we speak. 

• Like 1

Pincho I got the similar reply along that they wrote, while I am waiting for patch I should unplug TV power cable and wait for a few minutes. I think that said It all, LG does not have a clue what is causing the problem, not to mention how to fix it. It has passed to much time already waiting for patch to fix that.

I had to turn my Simplink off to get my TV to work, but that means I can use the TV without my amp, so I have to use the TV sound out.Still no fix in sight. But if you have no Amp then the Simplink off will work. You have to watch movies with a memory stick.

I have the same challenge.  It's directly related to Simplink being on.  I also have a Pioneer receiver.  LG's updates across the board are horrendous.  But let's be honest here guys, they are not an American company.  They don't have American support or values, customer service wise.  I do like their products but have come to accept the fact that their support is godawful.  Apple would never allow this to happen.

I have the same challenge.  It's directly related to Simplink being on.  I also have a Pioneer receiver.  LG's updates across the board are horrendous.  But let's be honest here guys, they are not an American company.  They don't have American support or values, customer service wise.  I do like their products but have come to accept the fact that their support is godawful.  Apple would never allow this to happen.

My amp is Pioneer as well, is that the problem?

There are two types of customers when it comes to this issue. Customers who are willing to accept this issue and therefore keep their devices and those who really find this issue very frustrating and therefore returns their device.

This issue has existed for minimum 2 years now. And there hasn't been an official fix from LG. It is obvious this can't/won't be fixed. It even existed in their older OS.

I can only speak for myself though. I did not wait for my warranty to end. I returned the TV after two tries from lg to fix it without any success. LG went even as far as changing the motherboard.

I can proudly say I'm now a happy Samsung customer(H6640SL) for 8 months now. Samsung's magic remote works even far better than LG's. And that was one of the reasons I went for webos in the first place. Yeah Samsung copied LG but they did it better and it works.

Don't get me wrong, I loved LG's webos concept. And I was really excited, until I met this issue.

Haven't really heard any news about webos V2 these days, but I hope it doesn't have the same issue.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

There are two types of customers when it comes to this issue. Customers who are willing to accept this issue and therefore keep their devices and those who really find this issue very frustrating and therefore returns their device.

This issue has existed for minimum 2 years now. And there hasn't been an official fix from LG. It is obvious this can't/won't be fixed. It even existed in their older OS.

I can only speak for myself though. I did not wait for my warranty to end. I returned the TV after two tries from lg to fix it without any success. LG went even as far as changing the motherboard.

I can proudly say I'm now a happy Samsung customer(H6640SL) for 8 months now. Samsung's magic remote works even far better than LG's. And that was one of the reasons I went for webos in the first place. Yeah Samsung copied LG but they did it better and it works.

Don't get me wrong, I loved LG's webos concept. And I was really excited, until I met this issue.

Haven't really heard any news about webos V2 these days, but I hope it doesn't have the same issue.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

He is correct, this issue has been around for quite some time now.  They have no clue or if they do, they just dont have the resources to resolve it.  I kept mine due to LG's 3D technology, passive vs active.  LG uses passive 3D where you can use the glasses that dont require batteries.  

He is correct, this issue has been around for quite some time now.  They have no clue or if they do, they just dont have the resources to resolve it.  I kept mine due to LG's 3D technology, passive vs active.  LG uses passive 3D where you can use the glasses that dont require batteries.  

What doesn't make sense is that my TV worked until last month, so why do they bother updating the TV? They would have fixed the problem if they never updated any of their TV's. I don't like the options on the right anyway, I preferred them on the left.

Hi all,

I have the same issue. When I turn on the simplink then I start getting the memory out message and apps restarting all the time. I have connected a raspberry pi to TV ( No Pioneer receiver).

It was working before the upgrade fine, so it can be fixed I guess. Except this issue I like the last firmware.

I had this problem in April this year on a previous model which thankfully broke and was replaced with a newer model, the LG 42LB650V-ZN

This worked fine until about 2 weeks ago - and now any app fails; Netflix, BBC iPlayer, NOW TV, etc -  'Out of memory issue'

LG advised solution is to download latest software (version: 04.45.25) and to load that after a factory reset.

This is the software already installed, so I haven't tried their 'solution' yet.

There are a lot of theories on the cause -but the long and short is that a new software update or patch is required

Come on LG - we've been here before - and your customers have been more than patient

Life's not Good​ with our LG TVs

• Like 1

Mine actually worked fine until software version 5 came out.  No I can watch about 1 episode on Netflix before the app crashes and tells me its out of memory.  I then have to turn the TV off and restart the app i was using.  I called support and they verified its a problem and told me an engineer would call me back today.  I had to reboot my TV 6 times this past Saturday.  I started binge watching the Blacklist on Netflix.  This is a pathetic issue that LG is not patching considering its been around for a few years now.  

Software ver. 05.00.15 is out for my TV..
55'' LG tv
model 55LB671V-ZB

seems to be working now.. not sure if everyone has the update available. but its here in Denmark
and I turned OFF auto update.. I dont want them to fix it again.. if its working now..

• Like 1

Software ver. 05.00.15 is out for my TV..

55'' LG tv

model 55LB671V-ZB

seems to be working now.. not sure if everyone has the update available. but its here in Denmark

and I turned OFF auto update.. I dont want them to fix it again.. if its working now..

I'm in the US and will check when I get home.  I hope you are right my friend!  And YES, turning off auto update for sure !!  Thanks for the post.