Quantcast

Ajay

Question

Hi guys, i recently bought the  Lg 42LB650V and yesterday it automatically updated, and i have a problem, when i am using a app for log time, like watching video on youtube, after a while it say's me something like "Out of Memory, app closed". Please help me what can i do. It displayed this error before the update but never in the youtube app, only when browsing. and i have another problem, when i am watching a video on the web browser, after 10-15 minutes, it displays the same out of memory error, and i watched the same video on my friend's lg smart tv that hasn't got webOs, has got the old Lg smart tv OS, cinema 3d , and i watched the complete video without any error, and did lot of other stuff and didn't got the out of memory error. I bought this LG thinking that it's a new model so it will not have problems, if i can watch in the old TV, why not in the new TV. Please help me, i am very worried because i will have to change the TV because of the same error that i got in my Sony Smart TV that i returned to the store. HEEEEELP Please. :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

• Like 4

hi again.

"Out of memory" problems almost disappeared when i upgraded from very old router to new one. So it may have something to do with data transmission/memory management. I still get "out of memory" error but only like once a week, and never with youtube, but after switching from youtube to smart share. It was impossible to watch for example a 8GB full hd movie or a short clip - now it is almost OK, as i said. Still not perfect, but enjoyable :)

• Like 1

I have already disabled SIMPLINK but still the problems of memory and a continuing lag species to " live  menu / program,"  switch to digital terrestrial / satellites channels
Maybe you work because you do not use these options, but to me that the use of the problems continue.

continues to lose and to mix the channels of the satellites, you go for example to the number 2530 them I have a channel astra,"Das Erste", call the number and find myself  "lombardiasat"  that is instead on Hotbird, resulting in movement of the motorized dish, this is not goes all well.

I just spoke to LG and they advised that they are now aware of this issue, and the software engineers have been working on a remedial patch for the past 7 or 8 days. The LG agent advised that they aim to have a patch released "in about a week" to resolve this problem.

Watch this space.....

please is there any update on this problem cus I just bought the 42LB67  and have the same problem.. when I share a video after 10 min I get "out of memory app closed"   :(  :(  

Will we get that webOS 2.0? That will hopefully work as promised cus I do feel pretty pissed seeing this problem goes way back  :angry:

• Like 1

On my TV the SmartShare crashes after 10-15s of watching video of anykind "out of memory error". No matter if I close recent apps, power off on TV, it's pure rubbish. I paid 600eur for this and of course was loyal to LG products, but this made me think again...

• Like 1

Okey guys, so I got fed up with the out of memory issues and therefore chose to return my TV for repair. It took 3 weeks to get it back.

They told the issue has been fixed so I asked what they really did to resolve it.

They said the motherboard was replaced. The motherboard? Really? We all thought this was an OS issue. It seems the problem is bigger than we thought.

This also explains why lg still hasn't confirmed upgrading 2014 models to webos 2.0. I'm now going to test it thoroughly if the issue is really gone for good.

I think that's not a problem with the motherboard. If you use the TV for HDMI connection for Play Station, STB and similar devices, you will never see this famous message "Out of memory. App is closed," and now the new renamed "This app will reset to free up more memory." The problem occurs when a longer time used youtube application and then run other applications such as smart share or web browser. By simply restart everything again works great until you turn on youtube, web browser, SMARTSHARE ... For example, if you turn on the TV and watch TV programs will never appear this message. I think they are in the service replaced the motherboard as an excuse, but in fact the biggest problem is bad webOS! We'll see if I'm right. I would ask the user to whom they replaced the motherboard to let us know whether the problem reappears with memory or motherboard problem though. Another thing that is very strange that LG has produced millions of tv sets and each has a problematic motherboard.  :blink:  :o

I must admit, installing a new router that operator provided "Cisco EPC3925 EuroDocsis 3.0 2-PORT Voice Gateway" and put him on higher ground I never saw "out of memory" error...Wifi Router is setup to N-Mode, Channel 9, WPS disabled, Beacon 50, Fragmentation/RTS 2304. Altought webOS or TV menu and other settings still lags as s**t. I will try some more and test it.

I am also not convinced about replacing motherboard. If mobo is dead in someway, it would cause different and bigger problems, in most cases dead tv.

This problem is present on all models that use webOS, not only on LB650V. Series LB700V, LB730V and LB731V are also problematic. Total insanity would be that all TVs have phallic motherboards. :o  

They sold millions of these devices !! Again, if you use the TV for playing PS4 or watch Satellite or Terrestrial TV then there is no problem with memory. The problems begin with the use of smart options!  :wacko:

Hey guys sorry to have kept you waiting. Had time to test it late in the evening.

I can confirm the bug IS STILL THERE. The first out of memory came after 4 hours of interchangeable usage between YouTube, smartshare and streaming from an android tablet to the TV.

Lastly I tried to use the browser to play some movies from my Plex sever and there came the message the second time.

This confirms therefore that this is and OS(architecture) problem as I initially suspected.

And it seems lg can't fix it on webos 1.x but refuses to admit it.

Nobody also know if this is not on webos 2.0.

LG have confirmed that thesoftware update to fix this problem has now been released (LG emailed confirmation 04Apr14)

You can get it at
link hidden, please login to view
under SOFTWARE UPDATE.

The file named Software_File(Version_04.26.05).zip is the actual software update file and the file named Software_Upgrade_Guide(English).pdf is the guide on how to install this on your TV.

LG have confirmed that thesoftware update to fix this problem has now been released (LG emailed confirmation 04Apr14)

You can get it at

link hidden, please login to view
under SOFTWARE UPDATE.

The file named Software_File(Version_04.26.05).zip is the actual software update file and the file named Software_Upgrade_Guide(English).pdf is the guide on how to install this on your TV.

We are talking about webos TV's and the TV you'd just mentioned isn't one. Secondly most of us are on FW version 4.4.* and we're still experiencing this issue.

Hi Titus

My TV is the 42LB650VB, which does use WebOS.(v 1.3.203232 afroarches) - and I'm on FW version 04.41.32. 

However, as you rightly noted - they've responsed with the 620 TV link.

Will refer back to LG and advise if any useful update,

Regards

Hi Titus

I should have made it clear that my information was cut and paste from LG email.

I'm simply passing on the advice verbatim from LG regarding the "Out of Memory" problem.

My TV is the 42LB650VB, which does use WebOS.(v 1.3.203232 afroarches) - and I'm on FW version 04.41.32.

Yes - LG have given a different model suggested in the software update ID - and their Software Version ID is not a sequential increment on the version number you are quoting - but this is the version they are advising (software released on 10th March 2015)

LG advise that The problem is with the memory management of the TV according (LG Tech Support)

LG advised advised that this Software Update would resolve the "Out of Memory" error - that appears in the WebOS

I have asked LG to confirm why a different model appears to be quoted, and also asks them to confirm if the software update will retain the fix, what with high version number releases being made available - and am still to hear the response.

Regards

Well, what I personally think at this point is, lg is totally clueless about what the real problem is. Stunts like changing a whole motherboard and still not fixing the problem says a lot. One thing clear is we all know it's an OS problem.

The problem about a TV is, not a lot can miss it and therefore not a lot are willing to return it. That's a chance lg is willing to take to sell as many as they can. The few that return it, will get a refund and case closed.

New LG email reply;

"Thank you for your email into us in regards to your 42LB650V, I will help as best as I can.

I am sorry that your television has the out of memory issue and as we promised there will be an update rolling our to the televisions very soon but it is still currently in testing.

As I know that this is frustrating for you and I really wish I could assist you further but I can't stress how important the testing is for the new update as if released early it will break all the televisions in the model range."

New LG email reply;

"Thank you for your email into us in regards to your 42LB650V, I will help as best as I can.

I am sorry that your television has the out of memory issue and as we promised there will be an update rolling our to the televisions very soon but it is still currently in testing.

As I know that this is frustrating for you and I really wish I could assist you further but I can't stress how important the testing is for the new update as if released early it will break all the televisions in the model range."

Your, and millions others..  :P