Quantcast

WebOS TV Firmware version

Dejan, I have experimenting all day long with all SW versions.

SW 3 and SW 4 are FAR MORE OPTIMIZED for my 42LB671V then SW 5! Far more! Menu pops out in less than 1 sec. Didn't know this until today, or let me put it differently - I forgot how fast and fluent this TV was before.

Beside this, I've never had issue with memory leak on this TV.

I'm back again to 04.45.25 and that my final sw until series 6 is out (if ever).

I'm not suggesting anyone to do the same, just bringing the info.

• Like 1

Took the chance and installed 05.00.60 over. 55. No problems, no hassle, but no visible or noticeable changes either.

I wish they'd include a possibility to program recordings in the program list in the upper screen menu.

Took the chance and installed 05.00.60 over. 55. No problems, no hassle, but no visible or noticeable changes either.

I wish they'd include a possibility to program recordings in the program list in the upper screen menu.

You must use the record facility. Do you suffer from sound glitches in the recorded content, I suffer from high pitched bleeps & burbles ( the best way to describe it) every 5-8 minutes. I don't record that much but it makes you jump if your watching a quiet scene with the volume a little louder than normal. I've had this over the last few updates

No problems with recordings, neither sound nor picture quality. I only record HD programmes though. And to program those recording I need to switch to program guide app every time. Would be much quicker using the upper on screen menus.

Cheers Kusie, I'm in Spain & have a re-broadcast uk tv system in SD or even less but this signal is not the problem I'm 100% sure, its tv or my Disc drive(just thought of that) Its a weird thing  but luckily I don't use it much. I'll probably update tomorrow. wish me luck.

I can confirm that the latest firmware 05.00.60 is the best so far. It is notable that little acceleration through menus and working with applications such as web browser and youtube. The new software is not perfect, but it certainly is not bad. It is not true that it is slower than previous versions 3 and 4. Older versions are slower and have a problem with a lack of memory. I do not see the point why I would go back to the proven worse software. After each update you must reset the TV to factory settings and set all again to see improvements... 

Oh yeah Dejan, you are very susceptible to placebo... After each update you write that is an improvement, and you tell people to restore factory settings. The truth is that for a long time nothing has changed, TVs with webOS 1 are shitty, and nothing can change that. After restoring factory settings TV is always a little faster, and this has no connection with the update, you can get the same restoring factory settings regularly every month. No offense - LG deceived us, but it does not make sense so that we deceive ourselves and others. 

BTW mister8ight is right that the firmware 3.x.x is faster, but we prefer to cheat, that we have almost webOS 2.0...

Well I've updared. Does look a bit snappier again. Haven't done a full reset yet because I only factory reset a few days ago and cant be botherd to set all the settings again so soon. Time will tell. Still no out of memory errors as per 3.--.-- and early 4.--.-- softwares and off course no arc issues. As for the picture quality with the older softwares I thought there was a degrade but after fiddling with the picture settings I manged to get back to similar quality as before. I'm just glad that LG seem to be supporting this early software/TV for free. They may not be monumentos upgrades but LG must be doing something as issues are getting less. Thats my Opinion anyway.

I do not know how older software is better when applications such as YouTube and Web browser take much longer to start and after a short time it appears a ANNOYING message about lack of memory. The image quality is absolutely the same and in fact is nothing better or worse..  -_-

@mister8ight Good luck with your old school versions ;) I am very happy about it  :lol: You need to install Windows 95(or older) because it is faster and better than Windows 10..hahaha  :D

Everbody has their own opinions. On my set the new software seems better than before and I'm going to stay with it. I had a problem with a couple of firmwares before so downgraded. If your happy with other firmwares thats ok, no problem. People hear are only tring to help other who are in a similar postion (not quite happy with the LG tv/firmware) you have 2 options Opt 1, buy new tv or Opt 2, continue to find best firmware for your preferences through a process ilimination.

• 2 weeks later...

New BETA/TEST firmware released for LB630-LB870 и EC930 (EUROPE)

Interesting,  did you already test this on LBXX TV? Not going to play the guinea pig this time...

Seems a strange jump from 05.00.60 to 05.05.00 .

K.

It's a good sign, LG are still tinkering with this firmware for the older TV's. I'm still not going to install the beta versions just just.

On th 5.00.60 software I've only had 1 app close to free up memory whilst using the WWW app, as always graphic heavy websites tend to crash the memory or so it seems. It still a little quicker navigating through the menus and i'm happy with it.

Jon

I installed this new version last Friday. No differences for me, good performance with 5.00.60, good performance with the latest.

Inviato dal mio ONE A2003 utilizzando Tapatalk

I am looking for atsc version 5.00.60 for LB directly from su..lg.com server, but i couldn't find yet.

Enviado de meu SM-G900FD usando Tapatalk

Silence has fallen on the 05.05.01 beta software. Lol We are all a little affraid of the betas I think Dejan.

Has anybody tried this? Maybe there'll be another update soon, so lets wait & see what develops.

Keeping my fingers crossed.