Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

I’m an owner of OLED55C8PJA. It’s an OLED SMART THINQ TV. I have spent lots of money in this. Anyway, I can’t see Sinhala Subtitles whenever I’m watching movies using this TV. But it supports Sinhala language. It even has menu language and keyboard language in “Sinhala”. But Srt Subtitle files that has Sinhala language cannot see.I have tried to set to encoding to UTF-8 also. But no luck!

hope you will know solution for me.

Thanks

On 1/27/2019 at 2:07 PM, Kasun Ekanayake said:

I’m an owner of OLED55C8PJA. It’s an OLED SMART THINQ TV. I have spent lots of money in this. Anyway, I can’t see Sinhala Subtitles whenever I’m watching movies using this TV. But it supports Sinhala language. It even has menu language and keyboard language in “Sinhala”. But Srt Subtitle files that has Sinhala language cannot see.I have tried to set to encoding to UTF-8 also. But no luck!

Thanks

I brought 43UJ63 UHD Smart TV from abans Sri Lanka. Now I updated WebOS 5.  Still doesn't support to Sinhala subtitle. for me this is the only drawback in this TV. Hope it support with their next update.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:59 AM, daminda jayasekera said:

I brought 43UJ63 UHD Smart TV from abans Sri Lanka. Now I updated WebOS 5.  Still doesn't support to Sinhala subtitle. for me this is the only drawback in this TV. Hope it support with their next update.

Same here...I brought LG WebOS 32LB650V model but I can't watch movies with Sinhala subtitles ....But TV supports Sinhala language English .Srt files are working But Sinhala.Srt files not working please can you fix this issue 

Maybe the player cannot handle the Sinhala language.

You could try to use something else. What I do is use a Plex server on my computer and use the Plex app on the LG TV. This works great.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PeterV said:

Maybe the player cannot handle the Sinhala language.

You could try to use something else. What I do is use a Plex server on my computer and use the Plex app on the LG TV. This works great.

Good luck.

PeterV thank you so much for your help ....i will try this hope it works 

• Thanks 1

yahh.. it is strange.. i have UM7300PTA 4K tv, it does show sinhala fonts.. in the user agreement etc... however does not shw sinhal subtitle... when i was asking with Abans (LG locals service provider) people they said it should work... but sadly not...

i guess we should have representation from Abans here to see what problems are facing by the SL people...

On 1/27/2019 at 2:07 PM, Kasun Ekanayake said:

Thanks

Hey guys! I have found a solution for this. Install Plex Player on LG app store. And use Plex server on Your Windows PC. Currently there is no way to play via usb to show Sinhala subtitles as I think. Rename your srt file as example - example.sin.srt.  Then you are good to go!

yahh with PLEX it works... but wonder how.. i have serviio also in my DLNA server.. that does not get sinhala subs from the same folder but PLEX does..

anyway lets hope Abans will add Sinhala in the next WebOS update.. mind you Tamil is already  there...