Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

I’m an owner of OLED55C8PJA. It’s an OLED SMART THINQ TV. I have spent lots of money in this. Anyway, I can’t see Sinhala Subtitles whenever I’m watching movies using this TV. But it supports Sinhala language. It even has menu language and keyboard language in “Sinhala”. But Srt Subtitle files that has Sinhala language cannot see.I have tried to set to encoding to UTF-8 also. But no luck!

hope you will know solution for me.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

On 1/27/2019 at 2:07 PM, Kasun Ekanayake said:

I’m an owner of OLED55C8PJA. It’s an OLED SMART THINQ TV. I have spent lots of money in this. Anyway, I can’t see Sinhala Subtitles whenever I’m watching movies using this TV. But it supports Sinhala language. It even has menu language and keyboard language in “Sinhala”. But Srt Subtitle files that has Sinhala language cannot see.I have tried to set to encoding to UTF-8 also. But no luck!

hope you will know solution for me.

Thanks

I brought 43UJ63 UHD Smart TV from abans Sri Lanka. Now I updated WebOS 5.  Still doesn't support to Sinhala subtitle. for me this is the only drawback in this TV. Hope it support with their next update.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:59 AM, daminda jayasekera said:

I brought 43UJ63 UHD Smart TV from abans Sri Lanka. Now I updated WebOS 5.  Still doesn't support to Sinhala subtitle. for me this is the only drawback in this TV. Hope it support with their next update.

Same here...I brought LG WebOS 32LB650V model but I can't watch movies with Sinhala subtitles ....But TV supports Sinhala language English .Srt files are working But Sinhala.Srt files not working please can you fix this issue 

Maybe the player cannot handle the Sinhala language.

You could try to use something else. What I do is use a Plex server on my computer and use the Plex app on the LG TV. This works great.

Good luck.

11 hours ago, PeterV said:

Maybe the player cannot handle the Sinhala language.

You could try to use something else. What I do is use a Plex server on my computer and use the Plex app on the LG TV. This works great.

Good luck.

PeterV thank you so much for your help ....i will try this hope it works 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.