Quantcast

App will now restart to free memory... error

Still getting the oft reported out of memory error with latest 2017 smart tv's running very latest WebOS and App updates. So annoying LG cannot fix this problem which as been ongoing since at least 2015.ti little more than trite suggestions to re-start the TV or remove unused Apps etc.

Problem seems to be either insufficient memory installed to run WebOS apps properly or a major problem with WebOS ability to properly manage what memory there is.

Combined with pitifull lack of USB ports quickly occupied with hard drive if recording and time machine functionality is required the 'smart' features seem poor compared to other manufacturers now. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the phone to lg support. I was told the web browser shuts down when attempting to stream video ON PURPOSE! Furthermore, once you stream anything from the internet, the cache fills up, does not clear, and prevents the installed apps from functioning properly.  I was told that the OS is a web browser NOT a web streaming service and if they allow customers access to stream video they will be in breach of their contractual agreement to the companies who have apps on the TV. This clearly doesn't happen on tablets or phones, so their logic for creating a sub par product is utter bollocks. I specifically asked the salesman if I could stream video from the internet and was told absolutely yes. When I pointed this out to Lg customer service they re-iterated that a web browser does not confer the ability to stream video. This is misleading the customer, and effectively censoring and filtering internet content.  This must stop! 

• Like 1

Absolute bull****! Why does Samsung and ANY other TV not have the same "flaw" built in? That's an complete copout for bad design! Furthermore, why could someone from LG not come on to this forum, HOSTED BY THEM, to tell everybody that? I know why, telephonically they can say what they want to. Put it in print here and they are liable to get sued, that's why! Another thing, how the HELL are you supposed to stream YouTube, which is embedded as an application on the product, but does the same crap "out of memory" errors????

• Like 1

I told , the very well spoken lad who should really go into politics as he defended the indefensible with aplomb, that i sincerely hoped the conversation was recorded as I was about to make it my mission to out LG for its slimy practices. When I asked why the limitations of the OS wasn't pointed out on the TV Specs, which i read thoroughly before purchase, he said that no company would list such info and that the list would be extensive as no device does everything. My retort was that a webOS streams video in every other device known to man. Not streaming video on an OS is equivalent to buying a car only to discover there isn't a speedometer. LG has taken their customers to be fools. How marvellously offensive! Every social media outlet, television review, electronics website, LinkedIn connected LG employee, and competitor is about to know my name.  Hell hath no furry like a scientist with an internet connection and a grudge. Beware LG, I'm coming for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leigh said:

I told , the very well spoken lad who should really go into politics as he defended the indefensible with aplomb, that i sincerely hoped the conversation was recorded as I was about to make it my mission to out LG for its slimy practices. When I asked why the limitations of the OS wasn't pointed out on the TV Specs, which i read thoroughly before purchase, he said that no company would list such info and that the list would be extensive as no device does everything. My retort was that a webOS streams video in every other device known to man. Not streaming video on an OS is equivalent to buying a car only to discover there isn't a speedometer. LG has taken their customers to be fools. How marvellously offensive! Every social media outlet, television review, electronics website, LinkedIn connected LG employee, and competitor is about to know my name.  Hell hath no furry like a scientist with an internet connection and a grudge. Beware LG, I'm coming for you!

You go girl! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Only registered to show my support against LG and annoying and unbelievably stupid thing..

webOs is not for streaming but browsing?? Bullshit..using netflix in the last 12 month without problem but youtube and iptv keep crashing..

I found out this thing very recently only a few days after I bought a brand new smart LG to my parents..now I've cancelled the order and I'm going to choose samsung..also I'll tell to everyone I can not to buy LG... 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Puja aingh
      Dear LG TEAM
        Kindly resolve this issue 
      My lG TV MODEL NO IS 32LK628BPTF

• By Puja aingh
      Respected LG TEAM
           KINDLY SHORT OUT MY LG WEBOS LED TV MODEL NO IS 33LK628BPTF MY ISSUE IS EVERY TIME RESTART MY TV BECAUSE I OPEN ANY APP AND WATCH ANYTHING SUDDENLY RESTART MY TV AND SHOW FREE UP YOUR STORAGE AND RESTART YOUR SYSTEM      HOW CAN I FREE UP MY SPACE  PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM
    • By geoffHome
      Initially would search and find 3 networks (Testra Air, the correct one and one other??) but would not connect.
      Reset our router (turn off then turned on again  and waited) but now no networks are even found to attempt to connect to.
      Any suggestions what my next step should be?  This has happened suddenly.  Thanks
    • By Laurence
      I have an LG65UR80006LJ and when I plug my portable hard drive in to one of the USB ports, it lights up and sometimes the thumbnail folder gets added by the TV (I can see it when I plug the drive back into my PC) and twice now it has operated as expected and it appears as a device on the media app.
      But it has only worked correctly twice and now doesn't find the drive at all, despite me having reformatted it and only add one file to the root directory (the first page if this makes sense; not buried in sub folders.)
      Before I box the TV back up and send it back, is there anything else I need/can do as my 12 year old Philips smart tv has no problems what so ever finding the drive and playing the media on it?
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Laurence 
    • By News Reporter
      LG Smart TV Users Gain Free Access to Wide Selection of Apple Originals,
      Hit Shows and Feature Films for Limited Time Only

SEOUL, Feb. 6, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is offering access to three months of Apple TV+ free to eligible LG Smart TV users in 93 countries.1 The 3-month free trial is available within the Apple TV app of compatible 4K and 8K LG Smart TVs (2018 models and later), along with lifestyle screen models StanbyME and StanbyME Go. This limited-time offer will be in effect from February 6 to April 30.2
      Apple TV+ offers premium series, compelling drama and comedy series, captivating feature films, groundbreaking documentaries, and kids and family entertainment. Apple TV+ offers acclaimed, global hit series such as “Monarch: Legacy of Monsters,” “Masters of the Air,” “Silo,” “Hijack,” “The Morning Show,” “Foundation,” “Slow Horses” and multi-Emmy Award-winning “Ted Lasso,” as well as award-winning Apple Original Films including the ten-time Academy Award nominated “Killers of the Flower Moon,” from Martin Scorsese and historic Oscar Best Picture winner “CODA.”
      LG’s industry-leading TVs feature Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos to deliver superb home entertainment and LG Smart TV users can enjoy Apple TV+ in 4K with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.3 The company’s 2024 premium TVs4 are industry first to support both Dolby Vision and Filmmaker Mode, a cinematic experience available with Apple TV+ titles mastered in Dolby Vision.
      LG is committed to elevating the viewing experience to a new height by offering an extensive array of content and services, class-leading picture quality and immersive audio. LG Smart TV users can effortlessly tap into the full suite of content and services offered by LG Smart TVs with the versatile and user-friendly webOS platform.
      # # #
      1 Available in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, India, Korea, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, France, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, United Kingdom, US, Canada, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Brazil, Belarus, Ukraine, Gambia, Ghana, Uganda, Egypt, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Lebanon, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and Israel. Additionally available in Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Moldova, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Mauritius, Niger, Guinea-Bissau and Turkmenistan for models ranging from webOS22 to webOS 24.
      2 Offer ends April 30. Redemption dates for select 12 countries (Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Moldova, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Mauritius, Niger, Guinea-Bissau and Turkmenistan) is from February 20 for TVs running webOS 22 and March 4 for TVs running webOS 23. This offer is available on 2018-2024 LG 4K and 8K Smart TV models, StanbyME, and StanbyME Go in the Apple TV app. Availability of StanbyME and StanbyME Go may vary by region. Valid only for new subscribers to Apple TV+ in your region. Limit one offer per TV and Apple ID. Plan automatically renews at your region’s price per month until cancelled. Requires Apple ID with payment method on file. Payment will be billed to payment method on file and can be cancelled anytime at least a day before each renewal date in your service account settings. Terms and Apple Privacy Policy apply; see the applicable terms at www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html. Must be the minimum age required in your country and in the country that matches the store front on which you are redeeming the offer. Compatible products and services required. Cannot be combined with other offers providing access to the same service. Apple TV+ is a service mark of Apple Inc.
      3 Not all content is available in 4K or 4K HDR. 4K resolution requires a 4K‑capable device. Accessing Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision features requires a Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision capable system. Playback quality will depend on hardware and internet connection.
      4 Dolby Vision and Filmmaker Mode is available on LG’s 2024 OLED TV, QNED TV 90, QNED TV 91 and QNED 99 series. Automatic Filmmaker Mode experience is available on Apple TV+ on LG Smart TV models running webOS 6.0 and later.

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content