this app will now restart to free up more memory

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I have been using the LG 43" UHD Smart TV with WebOS now for about a year.  At first it seemed to run fine and continuously while watching all manner of material.  Recently I added a Synology NAS Serv

3 answers to this question

I have been using the LG 43" UHD Smart TV with WebOS now for about a year.  At first it seemed to run fine and continuously while watching all manner of material.  Recently I added a Synology NAS Server to my network, and I've noticed interruptions regarding the "must restart the app to free more memory" while running the Plex app.

I have tried various things to resolve the problem but the only thing I have found useful is to cut the power "just to the TV".   I have my cables tied neatly together with ties, and as I'm not sure which is for the TV at my power strip, I find it easiest just to pull the plug on back of the TV.   This should theoretically free up the memory just on the TV's internal memory.  After trying this I have been able to watch any content which was previously stopping to free memory, without any problems for a least a couple of days now.  

If it happens again, the first thing I will try is unplugging the TV for several seconds and try again.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 11:39 PM, Kevin Glenn said:

I have been using the LG 43" UHD Smart TV with WebOS now for about a year.  At first it seemed to run fine and continuously while watching all manner of material.  Recently I added a Synology NAS Server to my network, and I've noticed interruptions regarding the "must restart the app to free more memory" while running the Plex app.

I have tried various things to resolve the problem but the only thing I have found useful is to cut the power "just to the TV".   I have my cables tied neatly together with ties, and as I'm not sure which is for the TV at my power strip, I find it easiest just to pull the plug on back of the TV.   This should theoretically free up the memory just on the TV's internal memory.  After trying this I have been able to watch any content which was previously stopping to free memory, without any problems for a least a couple of days now.  

If it happens again, the first thing I will try is unplugging the TV for several seconds and try again.

Thanks for the advise, it seems to have worked for now so thank you.

I'm glad this has been a helpful tip.  I have a fairly vast library of movies, many in h.265 (HEVC) which began to fail in Plex.  At first I thought it was my server, but I looked up the specs for the TV, and the memory seems perilously low for an advanced Smart UHD TV.  I reasoned that it was just the TV memory failing, and one way to be sure is to cut the power completely for a few seconds.  I went back and watched several films without fail.

I should warn you though, that I have had a repeat of the problem a couple of times, but it only takes a few seconds to correct.  

Regards,

Exeter

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tom M
      Today I switched to WOW internet service and dropped ATT and DirectTV.  I purchased Sling, but now can't add it to my LG TV because there is no option that I can find to add an APP like Sling.  There is no LG Content Store.  What do I do?
    • By News Reporter
      Advanced Solar Panels Featuring N-type Half-cut Cells
      Deliver Industry-leading Power Output and Durability

SEOUL, Apr. 7, 2021 — The newest, advanced solar panel from LG Electronics (LG), featuring the company’s innovative N-type half-cut cells, delivers high power output and comes backed by a 25-year warranty. The LG NeON H solar panel is ideal for both residential and commercial applications as it offers carbon-free energy and long-lasting reliability in a package that delivers enhanced performance compared to the previous model.
      With the majority of solar panels on the market today employing positive-type cells, LG NeON H utilizes sophisticated negative N-type cells with a temperature coefficient of -.33 percent per degree Celsius.1 The bifacial cell structure of N-type cells also enables the cells to absorb sunlight from both the front and rear sides. As a result, the panel provides outstanding output, generating maximum 390W from its 120 cells while simultaneously minimizing power loss.2 The highly durable energy solution can withstand harsh weather conditions and is also resistant to light-induced degradation (LID), the loss of performance from exposure to sunlight in the initial hours after installation.3
      LG is the world’s first manufacturer to operate in-house solar testing facilities certified by two major international inspection and certification bodies – UL and TÜV Rheinland. Meeting industry-standard testing criteria, LG NeON H panels are guaranteed to operate at 90.6 percent of their original performance even after 25 years of continuous use.4
      “Our new NeON H solar panel is the most reliable and efficient renewable energy solution that LG has ever created,” said Kevin Kim, vice president and head of the energy business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “As one of only a handful of manufacturers with the confidence to offer a quarter-century warranty on its solar products, LG is continuing its commitment to providing efficient, effective solutions that stand the test of time.”
      # # #
      1 Temperature coefficient verified based on internal accelerated test data.
      2 Certified by CSA Group, January 2021.
      3 Initial performance verified based on internal accelerated test data.
      4 25-year performance verified based on internal accelerated test data. Actual performance may vary depending on the environment or conditions of use.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By alexdavid
      WEBOS - IS NOT SUPPORTING ANY VIDEO OR EVEN JEPEG (EVEN WHEN WE LOGIN TO FACEBOOK -BEFORE 4-7 MONTHS IT WAS WORKING)
      MODEL IS 55UH850V-TA
      WEB OS TV VERISON
      3.3.4-3721 (DREALLOCKS-DHARUG)
    • By Adrians
      Many sound bars don't have any sort of audio out so it would be very useful if the TV could provide an audio out so it can be connected to a Hearing aid adapter.  At the moment the optical, analogue outputs are disabled when HDMI ARC is being used.
      I have a partner who is hard of hearing and needs to use the direct TV connection to understand the program dialogue clearly.  For me i can just use the normal sound bar output.
      So when HDMI ARC output is being used also have option of optical/audio out and bluetooth. 
      I have seen quite a few requests for this type of feature in the various forums or problems connecting hearing aid adapters with sound bars on LG webos TV.

• By Sadguru photography Studio
      hi i am prashant i have LG UH8500t tv use bat  disney +hotstar  not support  mo 9822510462