Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

fynotfi

When will Spotify be available in WEBos?

yes, its aweful that spotify web version does not work, even spotify said (when stopping to provide the app for Web OS on LG) that it should work in the browser.

As spotify cannot support HTML5.0 web application for their service, still Adobe Flash is needed to start the web app of spotify. Which the current LG Web OS Broser doesnt support.

So no Spotify anymore on Web OS on my LG. 

LG: PLEASE upgrade the browser with Flash, or simply find a sulution for Flash needed contents, or support a new version of the "old" app for LG Smart TV.

I have a smart TV and want this service from Spotify, I cant believe that Software Providers and LG makes steps back, where service do not work anymore, even worked years before!

THANK you.

its a shame: LG PLEASE DO SUPPORT HTML 5.0 for SPOTIFY, its aweful not to have this app,...as Spotify siad when they turned down the app: "......your webbroser will support the spotify wb app" - which DOES NOT work, is not true. PLEASE put a proper web browser on smart TVs, or i get rid of this stuff in short time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dianne Lonie said:

Mine was pre-installed on my LG WebOS, but when I tried to use it, said it wasn't supported anymore!

Hi Dianne,

Just checked the Spotify forum and there are complaints from March 2017 about the failure of the app to be updated, so someone isn't getting the lead out and sorting things.  Bad Spotify.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meinharttv said:

its a shame: LG PLEASE DO SUPPORT HTML 5.0 for SPOTIFY, its aweful not to have this app,...as Spotify siad when they turned down the app: "......your webbroser will support the spotify wb app" - which DOES NOT work, is not true. PLEASE put a proper web browser on smart TVs, or i get rid of this stuff in short time!

The browser in LG webOS does have support HTML5, although admittedly not on the same level as say Firefox or Opera.

You can test the browser at www.html5test.com

LG are not in the business of building web browsers they are in the business of building a software platform that is there to run apps created by content providers.  It is Spotify that needs urging to sort out their software.

There are lots of methods for you to choose from.

1. Spotify TV app

You could download the Spotify program on LG Smart TV and play Spotify music on the premise that you are a Premium account holder.

2. Spotify Connect

You could play Spotify on your phone and connect your phone to your LG TV. And then all Spotify music will be played on LG TV.

link hidden, please login to view

You could 

via Spotify Music Converter and then play Spotify music on LG TV without any limitations. For more details, you could read the post '
'.

Now there are so many

, you can choose one to download and convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, WAV, etc to play offline on any devices. In the same way, you can
with several clicks. 

Spotify app is now unavailable on LG WebOS TVs. There is no plans for it to make a comeback updated. So here I introduce a new way to listen to Spotify on my TV. 

You can use a

to download and convert Spotify songs to TV compatible audio files and them transfer them to USB drive. After that, you can easily
via the USB stick after you plugin your USB stick to the USB port of the LG TV. 

To play Spotify music on LG smart TV, there are three methods available for you. The first method is that you can download and install Spotify TV app on your smart tv and then search for music you like within the app. Or you can

using
developed by
and stream Spotify music to LG smart tv via USB. Except for the former methods, you can also play your favorite Spotify music on your phone and cast it to your smart tv via Spotify Connect.

It is 2020 and still nothing. It seems that Spotify will not integrate with WebOS in the future. I have used another workaround to listen to Spotify on LG TV for a long time. Just use a

to download songs from Spotify and import them to LG TV via the USB.