Quantcast

webOS 2.0 Information

I don't care what version number they stick on webos as long as they keep doing big fixes and performance updates and the AppStore is kept up to date. A big if!

That's the point bro! Do you think they will updating older versions? I am almost sure that don't... just see what they did with newscast!

Enviado do meu XT1069

Dear Admins of this forum .. 

is this forum - somehow - monitored by LG? does LG knows anything about this thread?

because although these are just 34 angry comments of some twenty-ish owner of LG Hardware, but any reasonable person can imagine the number of customers those have bought the 2014 version of LG Smart TVs with WebOS 1.x that will be not upgraded to 2.0 version and how could they be mad about this

with all respect to the Admins .. and their efforts .. but I didn't feel the presence of LG Customer Support anywhere .. every post I've read is either by an admin who replies with his own personnel experience or another owner for a LG Hardware

Dear Admins of this forum ..

is this forum - somehow - monitored by LG? does LG knows anything about this thread?

because although these are just 34 angry comments of some twenty-ish owner of LG Hardware, but any reasonable person can imagine the number of customers those have bought the 2014 version of LG Smart TVs with WebOS 1.x that will be not upgraded to 2.0 version and how could they be mad about this

with all respect to the Admins .. and their efforts .. but I didn't feel the presence of LG Customer Support anywhere .. every post I've read is either by an admin who replies with his own personnel experience or another owner for a LG Hardware

No this is not affiliated with LG support, it's a webos user to user support and fan forum. Does LG monitor this forum? I have no idea but I would if I was them since there is a lot of customer feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All, just read those lines, and it seems it's still unclear to LG whether they'll provide such an update for all 2014 models, I already opened a ticket at their support in France, got no feedback yet, but I think you should all put the most pressure you can, else we can forget it...

Here are the lines I mentioned : 

link hidden, please login to view

Cheers,

S

if there will be no update for 2014 LG TVs ill say good by to all lg products for good and even campaign against! All my friend told me to go with Samsung but noo i want something new fresh i want to give chance to development world (what a full i was)!!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Do not warry.

I install WebOS 2.0 to my 2014 lg TV with fake lg appach server.

If you want you can connect to server and update your TV.

Just write to me.

Can you make tutorial, or just basic steps how to make it.

Where to download webOS 2.0 firmware, how to setup appach, and how to set TV to find update on that server?

Thanks.

You are fake.

1.Download lg server provider.

2.Set IP of personal computer where server was install. This is one config file.

3.Check file link for correct web link ROM.

4. Open LG network advance settings, set manually network interface. Then set only DNS IP address of your computer.

5. Go to update lg settings and check for update and install.

Do you need more info? I update my TV with 4.55 version. After aprile,2015 I will install web is 2.0 ROM.

• Like 1

Fake !

You are fake. If you have external IP I will install and set all option to easy connect and update all LG TV. This can be done on Linux too.

LG ROM provider server is standard appache web server. You must only set your DNS IP and then trigger update.

Server name is "LgDTVUpDater".

You are totally wrong.

You can reassembly ROM package and copy only software updates of program. Reassembly to see architecture layers. One layer is service,other hardware and software. Just need to get service and software layers from 2.0 then replace you old ROM. Last step is to archive and update. Done.

You are fake.

1.Download lg server provider.

2.Set IP of personal computer where server was install. This is one config file.

3.Check file link for correct web link ROM.

4. Open LG network advance settings, set manually network interface. Then set only DNS IP address of your computer.

5. Go to update lg settings and check for update and install.

Do you need more info? I update my TV with 4.55 version. After aprile,2015 I will install web is 2.0 ROM.

Your tips are very vague and confuse... I didn't understand nothing you said!

Enviado do meu XT1069

You are totally wrong.

You can reassembly ROM package and copy only software updates of program. Reassembly to see architecture layers. One layer is service,other hardware and software. Just need to get service and software layers from 2.0 then replace you old ROM. Last step is to archive and update. Done.

Stop speaking for nothing... you can create your custom rom by porting another rom, but what about the kernel ? maybe you can develop your own kernel from unknown source ? you're just a dreamer !

I bought my LG TV 1 month ago and i am very dissaponted. WebOs it's slow, lack a lot of basic features...

I don't want any workaround, I want a official support for my 650v Smart TV...

So just an idea, since LG will ignore us here almost for sure, why not making this even more public? Using a website like Reddit and share this information for new consumers?

A Bad advertisement will make LG change their mind almost for sure. So can anyone here with a English better than mine make a topic on Reddit and share it here, explaining everything for us to share in our social networks and boost this shame to everyone?