Quantcast

LG WebOS 2.0 LG a lack convenience

najlepszy622

Question

Hi everyone!

I want to introduce myself by my first post here. Some time ago I bought LG 49UF7787 a nice 4k Smart TV from LG .
I'm quite enjoyed by the speed of UI and capabilities of the device but there are some lacks which I thought will be fixed after some time with coming updates. Now after two system updates and 3 months of usage (a model from 2016) there are still things to work on it.

1. Sometimes Magic pilot don't respond. Mostly when I'm not doing anything for some time (pilot is in power save I suppose asleep mode) and when I want e.g. change tv channel or turn the volume up it do not respond or it react with a 2-3 seconds lag. It occurs maybe by 10% of operations when it is power saving.

2. When I want to check program informations and I'm pushing INFO button there is 4 lines of text but 2 lines are the  movie description and other two are the copy of previous ones.... (picture below)IMG_20170304_165336q.jpg.49267fe4a048b31a9c817b1cc55ab7ad.jpg

IMG_20170304_165354q.jpg.d1fbc27d5581f63659205c2b16092b81.jpg

3. There is no info about CAST and YEAR in the INFO description (for me the wasted 2 lines of copied movie description should be for that specs)

4. Using a LIST button generates a menu with programmes list - it is very nice but is is loading only those descriptions which you are looking at at the moment, when you scroll your list down it starts to load another piece of programmes - I think it should be done in background with some time intervals.

IMG_20170304_165555q.jpg.bae5043b05a49916d8dcb365bc10c780.jpg

IMG_20170304_165607q.jpg.7605c56c24acb0f23cec6cbb3578908d.jpg

IMG_20170304_165609q.jpg.f9ae793c8cee8974f6962cb8c17b455d.jpg

5. I have a cable TV from my ISP and I personalized my program list only to that ones are my favourites. The manager works fine and I just saved my new program list but after I suppose my ISP is changing its own program offer I'm getting the new stations which are empty because my tv plan do not support them.
E.g. I have only programmes from 1 to 50 but sometimes I get a new channels 383 and 537 or other (numbers are random but always exceed my own list and are empty) 

IMG_20170304_165444q.jpg.58994dc4312038133709049a87b59bdf.jpg

Any recomendation what should I do to get rid of this disadvantages?
Do you have the same with yours WebOS 2.0?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Posted Images

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jkester
      Sling TV is my default app on my LG TV.   Everything  was working fine until today.  Now when I hit the HOME button on the remote, the TV correctly returns to the HOME page, but then immediately re-launches Sling TV before I have an opportunity to select a different app (for example, Netflix).   This cycle repeats itself every time I enter HOME while in the Sling TV app.  The only way I can return to HOME without Sling TV automatically relaunching is to manually select a different input (e.g., HDMI one or LIVE Team), and then enter HOME and it will correctly stay in HOME until another app is selected.  I've tried resetting the TV  and I've tried deleting/adding Sling TV.  I have the latest WebOS update.  This may have started after downloading a recent Sling TV app?  Not sure.  Any suggestions appreciated.
    • By Alex
      Discovery+, the company’s subscription streaming service, is filling in some holes in its distribution lineup through a new agreement with LG.
      The app is now available on LG smart TVs in the U.S. including the company’s lineup of OLED TVs and QNED MiniLED TVs dating back to 2018 models. Users can now access discovery+ on LG’s webOS platform by saying "discovery plus" into their LG Magic Remote.
      Discovery+, which sells for $4.99 per month or $6.99 per month with no ads, is also available on Android and iOS devices, Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung and Xbox.
      "We are thrilled to expand the availability of discovery+ and provide LG customers a direct and easy way to stream our much-loved brands, series and talent," said Gabriel Sauerhoff, senior vice president of digital distribution and commercial partnerships for Discovery, Inc., in a statement. "The announcement of discovery+ on LG Smart TVs builds upon our existing relationship with a valued partner, and we look forward to the continued growth of discovery+ and reaching more fans around the world."
      The launch on LG TVs comes just one day after Discovery announced that Discovery+ will be available in Canada beginning October 18. The service will be priced at Can$4.99 per month, with an ad-free version available for Can$6.99 per month, and each account will include up to five user profiles and four concurrent streams.
      Discovery Inc. is currently in the process of merging with WarnerMedia, which will be spun off from AT&T. In August, Discovery CEO David Zaslav said he was recently in Washington, D.C. and didn’t pick up on any potential headwinds for the deal that will bring together HBO Max and Discovery+ under one banner.
      “There’s broad support for this transaction. We haven’t heard any pushback, we haven’t seen any public pushback,” he said. “Right now, it feels for us on every level like we’re seeing green lights. We’re not seeing any yellow or red lights.”
      Discovery and AT&T expect the deal to close by mid-2022.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view Discovery+ is available in Canada as of October 18.

• By Ron Shaver
      I have the SLING streaming service on all 3 of my LG OLED TVs.  I've updated the SLING app on 2 of them and now have a problem.  Both TVs default to the SLING app when I turn them on.   I am able to watch streaming content but can't exit the SLING app.  This only started happening after I updated the app.  For this reason I did not update the SLING app on my 3rd TV.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix?
    • By panrap
      Hello,

I am trying to watch NBA matches at my TV, and i have nba pass subsrciption. It appears that my country is not eligible and there is no nba app at the lg store.
      When i login to my account through the webos broswer , when i try to watch a game, i get the message "download the app", and the link takes me to other apple store.
      I tried to watch through airplay (either from my macbook or my iphone), but when i connect to airplay, the screen gets black. I guess that is something with nba sharing rights etc, because with other apps it works fine.

has anybody find any solution to this?
    • By Orson Cart
      Some time ago after an update to my TV, whenever I switch it on it has an annoying strip across the bottom of the screen, The strip features buttons for various terrestrial channels and also for streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
      Since I have no use for this strip whatsoever, the first thing that I do is to close it down. I have to wait about 5 seconds though. During that time the tv won't respond to any input other than the volume control.
      After the 5 seconds is up I am able to close it down and then for example, change the channel I want. At that point all's good until next time I switch on the tv when I have to go through the same rigmarole.
      Can anyone here please tell me that it's possible to disable this thing? I've looked but can find no means of disabling it.
      Thanks,
      Orson
  • Similar Tagged Content