Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

webOS 2.0 Information

webOS 2.0

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 Sjaak van Boven

Sjaak van Boven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 02:04 PM

Glad to hear the 55UB850V is supported, can't wait. its probleby just a memory / Proccesor Isue that they can not support older TV's

#22 pascal91

pascal91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 02:06 PM

Where did you get this information from?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

#23 pascal91

pascal91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 02:11 PM

Information were wrong, yesterday lg has given an official statement to zdnet that non 2014 model will be supported..
See following article:
http://www.zdnet.com...-webos-upgrade/

#24 Sjaak van Boven

Sjaak van Boven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 02:16 PM

I've good hope, the UB850 maybe still produced in 2015, it has 1GB mem, and new proccessor, so mayby we will be rewarded.

#25 Jai

Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 01:08 AM

Sjaak van Boven, I hope you are right.

My UB850T is just few weeks old. No reason it can't run webOS 2.0 since it is already running webOS 1.x.

furthermore base on press release it doesn't seem major upgrade that require new hardware.

LG’s webOS 2.0 takes simplicity and convenience to a new level even while managing an expanding array of content options, so consumers can chose easily from a long list of new features. For example, the initial boot time when the TV is turned on has been reduced by up to 60 percent. Users will also enjoy a 70 percent improvement in loading when switching from the Smart TV Home Screen to YouTube, making accessing content significantly smoother and faster.

Also new in 2015 with webOS 2.0 is “My Channels,” an app that allows users to customize their favorite live TV or set-top box channels on the Launcher Bar for greater convenience. Quick Settings lets viewers adjust their TV without interrupting the program they’re watching and Input Picker allows connected devices to be recognized instantly for immediate use.

http://www.lg.com/us...orm-at-ces-2015

#26 r4str34t0r

r4str34t0r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 09:04 AM

Are you kidding me?

2.0 not compatible 2014 Tv backwards?? Or this is a joke or this will be the dead for WebOS on Tv.

And 3.0 will not be compatible with 2015 tv's, 4.0 not compatible with 2016, etc, etc....who will want to buy an LG branded TV?? Please think about it!

For all who bougth a 2014 LG tv, there will be updates on 1.x versions?

#27 sgrienen

sgrienen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 09:09 AM

I really hope it's a joke/mistake, and LG should provide some official statement very soon to clarify... If they go in this direction, it will be my last LG device ever...

#28 figgy

figgy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 09:28 AM

There seems to be a common theme here and lets hope LG are listening to their customers who spent good money on their TV's.  Its really bad customer service to turn a one year old product into a legacy/obsolete machine 

#29 Idiotwind

Idiotwind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 02:19 PM

Pascal the article says the exact opposite. No upgrade for 2014 TVs

#30 pascal91

pascal91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 03:14 PM

Pascal the article says the exact opposite. No upgrade for 2014 TVs

I didn't said that they will be supported, i said that non 2014 model will be supported as mentioned in the linked article

#31 Idiotwind

Idiotwind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 04:42 PM

My mistake. Sorry

#32 Idiotwind

Idiotwind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 04:44 PM

I don't care what version number they stick on webos as long as they keep doing big fixes and performance updates and the AppStore is kept up to date. A big if!

#33 Mango

Mango

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted January 12, 2015 - 05:49 AM

Lg will have to give webos 2.0 update for 2014 tv's. Or else there is shame on "Lg Software Developers" as like apple give the software updates to their older handsets too.

#34 andreluigo

andreluigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 06:32 AM

I don't care what version number they stick on webos as long as they keep doing big fixes and performance updates and the AppStore is kept up to date. A big if!

That's the point bro! Do you think they will updating older versions? I am almost sure that don't... just see what they did with newscast!

Enviado do meu XT1069

#35 HanoYs

HanoYs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 08:59 AM

Dear Admins of this forum .. 

is this forum - somehow - monitored by LG? does LG knows anything about this thread?

because although these are just 34 angry comments of some twenty-ish owner of LG Hardware, but any reasonable person can imagine the number of customers those have bought the 2014 version of LG Smart TVs with WebOS 1.x that will be not upgraded to 2.0 version and how could they be mad about this

with all respect to the Admins .. and their efforts .. but I didn't feel the presence of LG Customer Support anywhere .. every post I've read is either by an admin who replies with his own personnel experience or another owner for a LG Hardware

#36 Idiotwind

Idiotwind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 09:02 AM

That's the point bro! Do you think they will updating older versions? I am almost sure that don't... just see what they did with newscast!

Enviado do meu XT1069

That's the million dollar question but I agree it doesn't look good!

#37 Inodder

Inodder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 11:06 PM

Please Please Please Just give us Samba/SMB share and i wont even mention, the utterly horrible slow WebOS, the lack of support with 2.0 for our 2014 machines or the questionable quality of the panel with loads of bleeding...

Just give me SAMBA PLEASE! 

#38 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 322 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 11:44 PM

Dear Admins of this forum ..

is this forum - somehow - monitored by LG? does LG knows anything about this thread?

because although these are just 34 angry comments of some twenty-ish owner of LG Hardware, but any reasonable person can imagine the number of customers those have bought the 2014 version of LG Smart TVs with WebOS 1.x that will be not upgraded to 2.0 version and how could they be mad about this

with all respect to the Admins .. and their efforts .. but I didn't feel the presence of LG Customer Support anywhere .. every post I've read is either by an admin who replies with his own personnel experience or another owner for a LG Hardware

No this is not affiliated with LG support, it's a webos user to user support and fan forum. Does LG monitor this forum? I have no idea but I would if I was them since there is a lot of customer feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#39 sgrienen

sgrienen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 02:53 AM

All, just read those lines, and it seems it's still unclear to LG whether they'll provide such an update for all 2014 models, I already opened a ticket at their support in France, got no feedback yet, but I think you should all put the most pressure you can, else we can forget it...

Here are the lines I mentioned : http://www.trustedre...-2-0-upgradable

Cheers,

S

#40 Mile

Mile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 03:37 PM

if there will be no update for 2014 LG TVs ill say good by to all lg products for good and even campaign against! All my friend told me to go with Samsung but noo i want something new fresh i want to give chance to development world (what a full i was)!!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: webOS 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users