Quantcast
Jump to content


  • 0

Enabling usb recording and live tv


Question

Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? I think I found the options in the service menu but I cannot change the values. Any suggestion?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Hello, I have the same Problem with the LG UN7300 from italy. The reason for this is, that LG doesn't pay the italian tax for recording devices (SIAE), which also includes TV with DVR/PVR. I

Hello. I have an LG UN7300 with USB recording enabled in Honduras, just tell me how to get there and I'll share the code. 

@T0BlAS I tried every options, even what @td47 suggested, but changing the location settings does not enable usb recording. I would try changing the number in tool_opt6 but I couldn't find any lists o

Posted Images

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

@Hblone 

I see from the spec here:

link hidden, please login to view

that it shows "Time Machine (DVR)  YES" so the recording functionality IS there, but it will need a small self-powered HDD (external backup type of hard disk) plugged into the USB3 socket to activate the recording functionality that the TV has. NOTE: the new disk when added, may trigger a recording "setup" automatically anyway, so be aware that it may well want to format it to the TV requirements (file structures, folder names etc), that may take a few minutes. Use Velcro or a cable tie to hold the external disk in a convenient place, so that it does not strain the connection cable (NEVER let it hang from the cable). I would use about 500GB or a 1TB HDD drive, depending on the amount of recordings you want to do, and if HD quality or not. 

ALSO: be aware that even when in standby, the TV will still have enough "smart electronic logic" active to do the scheduled recordings on its own, it does NOT need to be in the ON state, BUT DO NOT TURN IT OFF AT THE WALL SOCKET OBVIOUSLY! 😊

If you have a smart remote, you might find the "Q.MENU" button, or one button marked "123" to get to your settings. If you had a separate manual for your remote or TV, have a good read to see if it helps with the recording side. It MIGHT be the "settings" cog button on yours, I am not sure.

I find the Time Machine scheduling a bit clunky and non-intelligent on my older LG, but you may find your later one is smarter? A typical issue is that (unlike a set-top-box like Sky) it will not necessarrily "track" any time changes to a scheduled program if it starts late. If you adjust it to start at an earlier time, then the "File/program name" will reflect the PREVIOUS program title, and NOT the actual one that is the main recorded program!!

I know that the smart remotes have a good voice command function, so press the button to activate the microphone and try saying "time machine". I find the voice command useful to get to "settings" with my older magic remote, as I can never remember how to get to it on my TV otherwise... 😊

By the way, I find that Toshiba, Western Digital, or Seagate portable USB3 drives are good for this, use this Google search term to see what is available in your area:

"site:.uk Western Digital portable drive" or "site:.uk seagate portable drive" without the quotes. The site thing limits sites to your country/area/locale so avoids generic ".COM" sites usually.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 0

@td47 @td47 thank you for your answer. I do have an older lg smart tv and I use Time Machine and DVR on it. About this new one, I know the UK model has the functionalty there, but on the Italian website  they say it doesn't, and if I plug the hdd in and try to record I get a 'function not available' message. I guess it's the same device with the same capabilities and I guess that the function is switched off by software on the Italian model. How can I turn it on?

20 hours ago, td47 said:

@Hblone 

I see from the spec here:

link hidden, please login to view

that it shows "Time Machine (DVR)  YES" so the recording functionality IS there, but it will need a small self-powered HDD (external backup type of hard disk) plugged into the USB3 socket to activate the recording functionality that the TV has. NOTE: the new disk when added, may trigger a recording "setup" automatically anyway, so be aware that it may well want to format it to the TV requirements (file structures, folder names etc), that may take a few minutes. Use Velcro or a cable tie to hold the external disk in a convenient place, so that it does not strain the connection cable (NEVER let it hang from the cable). I would use about 500GB or a 1TB HDD drive, depending on the amount of recordings you want to do, and if HD quality or not. 

ALSO: be aware that even when in standby, the TV will still have enough "smart electronic logic" active to do the scheduled recordings on its own, it does NOT need to be in the ON state, BUT DO NOT TURN IT OFF AT THE WALL SOCKET OBVIOUSLY! 😊

If you have a smart remote, you might find the "Q.MENU" button, or one button marked "123" to get to your settings. If you had a separate manual for your remote or TV, have a good read to see if it helps with the recording side. It MIGHT be the "settings" cog button on yours, I am not sure.

I find the Time Machine scheduling a bit clunky and non-intelligent on my older LG, but you may find your later one is smarter? A typical issue is that (unlike a set-top-box like Sky) it will not necessarrily "track" any time changes to a scheduled program if it starts late. If you adjust it to start at an earlier time, then the "File/program name" will reflect the PREVIOUS program title, and NOT the actual one that is the main recorded program!!

I know that the smart remotes have a good voice command function, so press the button to activate the microphone and try saying "time machine". I find the voice command useful to get to "settings" with my older magic remote, as I can never remember how to get to it on my TV otherwise... 😊

By the way, I find that Toshiba, Western Digital, or Seagate portable USB3 drives are good for this, use this Google search term to see what is available in your area:

"site:.uk Western Digital portable drive" or "site:.uk seagate portable drive" without the quotes. The site thing limits sites to your country/area/locale so avoids generic ".COM" sites usually.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Hblone Apologies I did not notice that your locaton was Italy, and your problem is with a recently purchased Italian variant LG TV.

It does seem odd that older model has a working Time Machine functionality, but the newer model would have a restriction (maybe due to cost, or difficulties with current copyright laws in Italy).

Have you tried contacing the shop where it was purchased from, or LG Italy directly, for comment? This forum is NOT an official arm of LG (they might look at it if we are lucky, but I don't think they officially comment here directly).

Edited by td47
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello,

I have the same Problem with the LG UN7300 from italy. The reason for this is, that LG doesn't pay the italian tax for recording devices (SIAE), which also includes TV with DVR/PVR.

I went in the EZ-ADJUST menu and found the DVR Ready function under "ToolOPT6_Energy/Country".

image.thumb.jpeg.69877ee0d0d53dd2982219a54e065cfa.jpeg

It's greyed out so it's not possible to turn it on.

Would it be possible to change the number of "ToolOPT6_Energy/Country" to a number for a country where USB Recording is available? Is someone here with an LG UN7300 and working Recording who can share this number?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@T0BlAS FYI: there may be another setting section for actual country or region coding. Those other numbers may be "subordinate" to the "region" (say Europe, Asia etc), and country codes. Make a note of them before you change them as the TV could become inoperative.

I found this in a related forum, but was from 2015, so later TV models may well have a totally different setup or menu options. The country code for UK appears to be 3122.

"I have LG 60UB850T purchased and using it in Dubai. Managed to change location using LG Service Menu Explorer app for Android downloaded from Google Playstore and installed on my Samsung 10.1 Tablet.
With TV on, run the app and select Infra-red as means of connection.
App opens to look like remote control.
Press button which looks like a 'red Wand' icon on right hand side.
You are asked to enter one of two codes, mine was 0413.
You are now presented with EX-ADJ menu, scroll down to 'Area Settings' using the down arrows and press enter.
Change the top line 4 digit to the code of your choice. 3122 for UK, 1793 for US etc.
Press 'red wand' until service menu closes and just have TV, reboot the TV (turn off then on). WEBOS should reload.
Go to TV settings menu and select Location, your selected continent should be selected all you have to do is select country of service."

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, Selvin Fúnez said:

Hello.

I have an LG UN7300 with USB recording enabled in Honduras, just tell me how to get there and I'll share the code. 

I have a Android Smartphone with infrared. I downloaded AnyMote on my smartphone. I selectet "LG service Remote" which has a separate key named EZ-ADJUST. The Password was 0413 for my TV.

(I had to enable "Use Alternate IR Commands" under settings for my phone.)

 

11 hours ago, td47 said:

@T0BlAS FYI: there may be another setting section for actual country or region coding. Those other numbers may be "subordinate" to the "region" (say Europe, Asia etc), and country codes. Make a note of them before you change them as the TV could become inoperative.

I found this in a related forum, but was from 2015, so later TV models may well have a totally different setup or menu options. The country code for UK appears to be 3122.

The country code for my TV bought in Italy is also 3122. So it is possible 3122 means EU and not just UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@T0BlAS I tried every options, even what @td47 suggested, but changing the location settings does not enable usb recording. I would try changing the number in tool_opt6 but I couldn't find any lists of code numbers to type in there.

@Selvin Fúnez you can enter the menu by downloading AnyMote Smart Remote on your mobile phone, then press EZ-Adjust key, type 0413 as password and you're in. Can you please post a picture of your settings under tool_opt6 so I can try to copy it? Thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? 

link hidden, please login to view

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/18/2020 at 7:02 AM, Hblone said:

@T0BlAS I tried every options, even what @td47 suggested, but changing the location settings does not enable usb recording. I would try changing the number in tool_opt6 but I couldn't find any lists of code numbers to type in there.

@Selvin Fúnez you can enter the menu by downloading AnyMote Smart Remote on your mobile phone, then press EZ-Adjust key, type 0413 as password and you're in. Can you please post a picture of your settings under tool_opt6 so I can try to copy it? Thank you!

The thing is my phone lacks of infrared port, I'll try to find how to enter this menu on the normal remote. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Hblone and others watching this. It seems that for those countries where LG has not paid the DVR/Recording tax, they have gone to great lengths to stop this functionality, and even if you use the special tool menus to get into special settings, if you get these wrong, you can render the TV useless for Live TV if you get the tuner fequency ranges messed up, and cannot get them back to your proper settings. In any event, even if you DO manage to get Recording capability active, the Premium apps will still NOT allow recording (notably Netflix, for obvious DRM/Copyright reasons).

You best solution, is to find a set-top-box, or external DVR that is designed to work in your country, and pay for any premium or channel pack contents you need. I hear that the FETCH Mighty box is very good. However, I am not sure if there are any limitations in some countries. You CAN get an Italian "channel pack" though:

link hidden, please login to view

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Topics

    • By rick wiseman
      I have owned this tv for a year and pleased with it ... until about a month ago. I now have constant repetitive messages in top right hand corner of screen saying 'Unknown device disconnected' or 'wired network is connected' or wired lan cable is connected' and it's driving me crazy. I have tried the lg live chat technical support and they were not aware of the issue but I've seen the same problem discussed on US forums and here too. Nobody seems to be able to have a solution. I have unplugged all external stuff - Virgin V6 box, Wii, wired internet, etc and it still happens. Help!!
    • By Mohammed Albusaidi
      I can't connect my lg Tv 43LF630T to my huawei p30 pro screen mirroring problem 
    • By Bella Lee
      With the Amazon Music app, LG smart TV owners who also happen to be Prime members can finally access two million songs on their TVs. But there is a more convenient approach for you to play Amazon Music on LG smart TV. With an or Mac, you are able to link hidden, please login to view and them play them directly on your smart TV without the Amazon Music app. And you don't worry that your smart TV is not compatible with LG smart TV.
    • By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported
    • By dennik
      I have a problem updating or installing amazon prime video app. When hitting the update button (after several factory resets) it simply says "Application has not been installed. Try again" after it stops.
      This possibly happened due to a cancelled update a week ago.
      Any ideas how to fix this? Factory reset doesn't work. App won't run without update, and update won't run.
       
  • Similar Tagged Content

    • By SteveK
      Disappointed in Smart TV.  Other than OTA TV through Tablo, most TV we watch is on Sling.  On the Roku app we can use the Sling DVR. But on the LG TVOS app, we can not.
      I confirmed this with Sling and LG. Now when someone asks me about the TV I am tempted to suggest they get a UHD TV, but not bother with SMART.
       
      Am I wrong? Something to be done?





×
×
  • Create New...