Quantcast

Enabling usb recording and live tv

Hblone

Question

Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? I think I found the options in the service menu but I cannot change the values. Any suggestion?

On 2/7/2022 at 12:53 PM, Hblone said:

Yes, the problem got solved by itself with the next software update.  I believe that when I changed the toolopt6 code the first time, I used a code that turned off bluetooth functions and so it deleted the magic remote motion engine software, When I changed the code again to the one with bluetooth on, the magic remote paired with the tv again, but didn't work because there was no motion engine installed. When the tv downloaded and installed the firmware update it installed also the motion engine software, so everything started to work properly again and the pvr and live tv function are active.

What I suggest is to select a toolopt6 code of the same class of your original one (I mean the first digits of the code) and to check on the screenshot if the functions are turned on/off  in a way that's compatible with your tv before changing it

Thank you very much for your answer. I bought an LG TV, so I returned it because it didn't have a PVR feature.

I will now order an LG tv.

Hi all, I'm a United States C8 owner. I've read this thread but it's unclear to me if someone in the U.S. has successfully enabled live TV recording. I have a service remote and I'm ready to go if someone can provide the correct code(s) in a way that doesn't disable bluetooth and doesn't give the wrong antenna frequencies.

I appreciate your help!

15 minutes ago, USLGOwner said:

Hi all, I'm a United States C8 owner. I've read this thread but it's unclear to me if someone in the U.S. has successfully enabled live TV recording. I have a service remote and I'm ready to go if someone can provide the correct code(s) in a way that doesn't disable bluetooth and doesn't give the wrong antenna frequencies.

I appreciate your help!

hi.

(** The responsibility belongs to you.)

Take a picture of this menu. (Don't lose this picture just in case)

Then replace the red marked place in the picture I sent with the numbers in the picture. (change it to : 273861641)

and take another picture.

compare it with the first picture. Only the blue area should be different. (on/off)

webos1.thumb.JPG.dbc1fa5a761ddc0cea97d17a95e2f701.JPG

Thanks for your prompt reply. On my TV the menu appears to be different, with the DVR READY field on Tool Option 3, not 6. Also I'm not seeing how to change that number at the top -- do I need to change my TV's region first or something?

Thank you again for your help!

IMG_0548.jpg

USLGOwner,

I too am in the US and have an LG C1. I am also new to this and trying to learn exactly how to unlock something that is 100% capable of DVR. I am not able to see my TV right now but I do believe that you may need to change the area option under the "adjust check". This may be a different button in the service remote if i am not mistaken. I changed it to 1793. This then allowed me to change the  toolOPT6 menu to the recommended 273861641.  I believe this is where I got stumped and will have to come back too.

I have no idea what the "adjust check / area option" does, if someone could shed some light on the subject that would be helpful. 

Thanks to all that contribute to this thread.

Let me know what you get.

20220208_163840.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 11:03 PM, Seth_ said:

Hello everybody,
I have my OLED C16 and I would like to enable the Time shift option which in Italy is not enabled.
This is my current setting.
20220309_205638.thumb.jpg.3b66e14872d27a34adabff18d9bb95a8.jpg20220309_205723.thumb.jpg.803c47092141e695ae9a62189345096e.jpg20220309_205718.thumb.jpg.3e831459bbc2df27e392cb8e07c1e0b4.jpg

Which  area code or ToolOPT6 do I need to change?

Thanks everyone for the help

Hi, you need to change ToolOPT6_Energy/Country code with one that has DVR Ready option turned on. Try to find one online, or maybe someone here in the forum can help you. Before typing in the new code, I suggest you to make sure it is the same class of the one installed by default on your tv (it starts with 825.....) and that all the other options are set the same way, otherwise you might experience some malfunctions that may not be reversible.
I was given the code for my tv by another user of this forum, but unfortunately it has very different option settings from yours, so I wouldn't try it on your tv. 
When you find the correct code that enables DVR Ready option, then you have to change the country from the tv settings menu to one in which DVR is allowed, if you live in Italy you can choose Estonia who has the same channel list of Italy so you will have all the channels sorted correctly. 

Hope this will help you

@Hblone

Thanks for your tips.

I am looking for information on various forums, but for now I have not found a valid ToolOPT6_Energy / Country code for my model with the option DVR ON. I don't want to make random attempts to avoid losing functionality.

I think that a specific number must be added to the ToolOPT6_Energy / Country code based on the function or functions to be enabled.

In the meantime I tried to change the country to Estonia, but the new channel numbering list does not correspond to Italy.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:00 AM, USLGOwner said:

Thanks for your prompt reply. On my TV the menu appears to be different, with the DVR READY field on Tool Option 3, not 6. Also I'm not seeing how to change that number at the top -- do I need to change my TV's region first or something?

Thank you again for your help!

IMG_0548.jpg

tool option3:   323 try.

be careful, only the "DVR ready" section should change. Do not use if there is an error.

Hello to all members enjoying this topic:

@Hblone I have a question for you.

I'm gonna buy an LG tv in Italy and the PVR is locked too. Reading your comments, I understood that, at the end, is possible to enable the PVR/DVR function here too.

Which is the part of toolopt6 country code to identify Italy ? the 1st two,three,four... digits? What about the rest of digits? Do I have to insert randomly?

Did you figure out any problem after have changed that parameter? is everything working fine?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Filippo

@filfae Yes, I finally managed to enable PVR and Live TV functions and everything is working fine!

I don't know the meaning of the Energy/Country Code at Toolopt6, what I could understand is that changing them will enable/disable various options in the TV software - I believe they refer to the different TV models and to the Countries in which they are sold. I also think that different TV models have different toolopt6 "class" codes, meaning the first two or three digits in the code. 

What I suggest you to do is to take a screenshot of the default code on your TV, then search for a screenshot (you can probably find it online or asking on this forum) in which the code has the same first 3 digits but the "DVR Ready" switch set to ON and, VERY IMPORTANT, all the other options set the same as your TV. Selecting a code with random options settings could result in malfunction or damage to your TV: I was lucky because the first time, even if I typed in a wrong code for my TV and it deleted the Magic Remote support engine and some other minor functions, as I later typed in a correct code of the right class of my TV, a software update was released that fixed the problem, and everything works great since then. 

When you find and type in the correct toolopt6 code for your tv, then you must change the geographic area in the options menu to a country in which DVR is enabled, and the channel list is the same as Italy. I selected Estonia and it works great. The only issue is that I had to turn off automatic time zone selection, so twice a year I have to correct the time manually.

Hope it will help you.

• Like 1

Still on this question:
I am looking for a "ToolOPT6_Energy/Country" code with enabled PVR/TS for my OLED42C26LB.

Here what I have there:
image.png.187b2cc1fdb2e92a5fd6aed21bec051e.png

Some of you may be interested to "ToolOPT6_Energy/Country" code of my OLED65C11LB:

image.thumb.png.56ead25a6dd33410e460047153093162.png

It is a non Italian model. I could enable PVR/TS by changing broadcasting position to Austria and getting back to Italian LCN. Here the procedure I have used:

link hidden, please login to view

In case you are interest you are interested, you have only to translate and change ITA with your country. It is generic and it should work.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 12:44 PM, ebr9999 said:

Still on this question:
I am looking for a "ToolOPT6_Energy/Country" code with enabled PVR/TS for my OLED42C26LB.

Here what I have there:
image.png.187b2cc1fdb2e92a5fd6aed21bec051e.png

Some of you may be interested to "ToolOPT6_Energy/Country" code of my OLED65C11LB:

image.thumb.png.56ead25a6dd33410e460047153093162.png

It is a non Italian model. I could enable PVR/TS by changing broadcasting position to Austria and getting back to Italian LCN. Here the procedure I have used:

link hidden, please login to view

In case you are interest you are interested, you have only to translate and change ITA with your country. It is generic and it should work.

I have got from a friend the code for his OLED42C21LA:

image.thumb.png.a70c15e7eb194e90c200ed013410c810.png

I have tried to update the code on my one, but I cannot select it for modification (on my C1 I can).
I have FW 03.30.16. Is that common to C2? If somebody can test, it would be helpful.
Any idea I can enable SM/ToolOPT6_Energy/country for modification?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paolo Sala said:

Hello everyone,

Same problem here with an LG Nanocell(43NANO78):

image.thumb.jpeg.75b9a5097a79a3bf894cca6766bfa22c.jpeg

Any code available for Italy?

Thank you,

Before wasting time finding a foreign TV (with the same hw) with that feature enabled, have you checked if the field can be modified? On my C1 it is possible, but on my C2 it isn't.

34 minutes ago, ebr9999 said:

Before wasting time finding a foreign TV (with the same hw) with that feature enabled, have you checked if the field can be modified? On my C1 it is possible, but on my C2 it isn't.

In facts it seems locked.but it's strange maybe an unlock procedure exists... Btw the same television sold in Romania has all the features including time machine and PVR with the same hw 😤

16 hours ago, Paolo Sala said:

In facts it seems locked.but it's strange maybe an unlock procedure exists... Btw the same television sold in Romania has all the features including time machine and PVR with the same hw 😤

Ya, My C1 is imported from Croazia. So I have not even to look for a code (anyhow risky).
I could get the code for my C2, but no way. I have posted for suggestions about how changing that field, but I could not get any feedback

On 10/17/2020 at 8:52 PM, T0BlAS said:

Hello,

I have the same Problem with the LG UN7300 from italy. The reason for this is, that LG doesn't pay the italian tax for recording devices (SIAE), which also includes TV with DVR/PVR.

I went in the EZ-ADJUST menu and found the DVR Ready function under "ToolOPT6_Energy/Country".

image.thumb.jpeg.69877ee0d0d53dd2982219a54e065cfa.jpeg

It's greyed out so it's not possible to turn it on.

Would it be possible to change the number of "ToolOPT6_Energy/Country" to a number for a country where USB Recording is available? Is someone here with an LG UN7300 and working Recording who can share this number?

how can go to EZ-Adjust menu in lg oled 65c15

17 minutes ago, nash said:

how can go to EZ-Adjust menu in lg oled 65c15

Digit in your TV web browser webosapp.club/ezadjust
accept connection and digit 0413
Be aware that LG declare that accessing those kind of menu voids warranty.

The field depends on the model number (e.g, also the size). You have to find a variance of you model you have not indicated. But first of all, you should check that ToolOPT6_Energy/Country can be modified. As reported, on my Croatian C1 I can (but the feature is already enabled), but on Italian C1 , I cannot.