Quantcast
Jump to content



  • Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

    Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

  • 0

Question

I  have just bought an LG Smart Tv and have tuned it in via freeview and the guide shows that i have all the channels installed. However I am a Racing tv subscriber and the guide shows channel 261 as installed but when i try to access it I get a message saying 'Invalid Service' with an animation and a blank screen. I had no issues with my previous tv so am a little baffled by the fact that i cant receive racing tv on my brand new LG tv. Is this a compatibility problem or is that i need a flash player installed to stream racing tv. Can someone please offer a reason and a solution for this as it is driving me batty.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

95 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

These channels are already 'hybrid' as they are an IPTV service...both internet and OTA. I doubt we will get a response from LG even if they read these comments. Wash and hands springs to mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 1

@David38  Thanks for passing that gem on.

So VOD365 say there is an LG hardware fault that their TVs can't receive signals now which aren't being transmitted until later in the year. We need LG to upgrade the software to fix this issue quickly.   Then, when we can receive the RacingTV results from a few months in the future, we can all clean up at the bookies!

The problem I've always had with communications industry companies is that they don't understand questions. You ask "Is there a fault?" and they answer the question "Is there a fault we can let you know about without admitting that we are in any way connected with the fault?". Hence, the customers are frustrated and the company keeps its little faults to itself as a matter of National Security.

At least we know now.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hmm same problem here with the UM7400.

Apparantly it is because your ariel signal is far too strong and this will cause interference with the tv, therefore stopping some services/channels/HD channels. LG tv's need between 70-85 signal strength. 

I was also told it was freeview at fault. 

However, my older LG tv (last year's model) runs absolutely fine on vision tv, planet knowledge, channel 261 etc. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thank you Tinks for your reply and advice. I'm going to try and reduce my signal to your suggested level and have ordered a RF Inline Attenuator to do this. I will try this when I receive it and hope that it resolves my issue. Thanks again for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Neversaydie said:

Thank you Tinks for your reply and advice. I'm going to try and reduce my signal to your suggested level and have ordered a RF Inline Attenuator to do this. I will try this when I receive it and hope that it resolves my issue. Thanks again for the info.

No problem. I went out and bought a variable attenuator today but sadly forgot the correct connectors to go with it so will have to sort it another day.  I hope it works for you.  Best of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 0
On 11/16/2019 at 1:32 PM, Neversaydie said:

Thank you Tinks for your reply and advice. I'm going to try and reduce my signal to your suggested level and have ordered a RF Inline Attenuator to do this. I will try this when I receive it and hope that it resolves my issue. Thanks again for the info.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but attenuating did not work. The ariel engineer came round and even replaced the ariel AGAIN due to this issue (this was advised by LG customer service if attenuating failed) and guess what...it still did not work. So I am now another £65 down. 

He noticed it was ALL the interactive hybrid channels on UHF 25 that had invalid service.  All non interactive channels on UHF 25 work perfectly fine. 

My older LG has NO issues at all. The engineer even took the tv downstairs and hooked it up to old lg tv cables/ariel/internet...still same issue. 

Reset router, reset Tv. He noted that the TV is not updating to new SW version 04.70.20 but is stuck on 04.70.03. 

I also contacted freeview and planet knowledge and it's not their end. 

This crap TV has cost me a lot of unnecessary money in trying to rectify a fault that is obviously LGs end. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Tinks,

Really sorry to hear that attenuating didn't work. I'm still waiting for my attenuator to arrive but will let you know if it works with me. Not holding my breath though.  I totally agree with you that it's an LG issue but they don't seem to be able to offer any help or resolution to the problem. I think it's all rather disappointing that you can go and purchase what you consider to be an upgrade in your tv experience only to find that what you have actually done is downgrade. Bit peed off with the whole situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Apologies if it doesn't work for you either but I was just passing on LG customer services recommendation and 'expertise.

Sadly it failed for me but I hope you have more luck. Can I ask what model you have? And thanks, it would be good to hear if attenuating worked for you or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Tinks. We can only try attenuators, if it works great, if not.nothing lost .I have the  LG 49UM7390PLC model. I have wrote an email to the LG help & support team asking them to investigate further and telling them how disappointed I am in their product. I can't believe that in this day and age they can't rectify this simple issue. I thought I was buying a brand new super dupa upgraded TV and all I've got is a disappointing downgrade.

Speak again when I've tried the attenuator.

 

Regards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I think it's either an issue with the UM models or the WEBOS 4.5. My old set is WEBOS 3.5 and runs the hybrid channels perfectly. 

I have returned and replaced my defective set for UM7000PLA....another defective set and very bad on the eyes. This model still does not have the capability to access the hybrid freeview channels on uhf25.

So yet another return tomorrow. Good luck with them investigating. They informed me they would only programme a new update if they had more complaints! In fact, I don't even think LG staff even knew what I was talking about as they referred me to freeview play and that was a tech engineer who just happened to be in the room at the time! Good luck...I think we need it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 0

Hi Tinks

Not received my attenuator yet but please see below a response that I got from LG Help/Support. To be fair I have no idea what they're talking about. As far as I'm concerned  TV is a TV, I don't look into what format it operates under.

 

Thank you for your response. I have had another look into this for you.

It is possible that your old Toshiba smart TV was formatted to MHEG channels whereas our models are not. We would be unable to repair this feature though as it is a compatibility issue, so if the TV were to have parts replaced they would be formatted the same way and therefore you would have the same issue.

I am sorry to hear that you are very unhappy about this. I would be glad to raise a customer suggestion for you regarding the formatting of our channels however I cannot guarantee that anything will be changed because of this.

Kind Regards

Chloe  | LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

LG Customer Services
UK: 0344 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954
Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm
Closed bank holidays

[

link hidden, please login to view
]
link hidden, please login to view

You can even reach us via our Web Chat facility through the LG UK website
link hidden, please login to view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, Neversaydie said:

Hi Tinks

Not received my attenuator yet but please see below a response that I got from LG Help/Support. To be fair I have no idea what they're talking about. As far as I'm concerned  TV is a TV, I don't look into what format it operates under.

 

Thank you for your response. I have had another look into this for you.

It is possible that your old Toshiba smart TV was formatted to MHEG channels whereas our models are not. We would be unable to repair this feature though as it is a compatibility issue, so if the TV were to have parts replaced they would be formatted the same way and therefore you would have the same issue.

I am sorry to hear that you are very unhappy about this. I would be glad to raise a customer suggestion for you regarding the formatting of our channels however I cannot guarantee that anything will be changed because of this.

Kind Regards

Chloe  | LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

LG Customer Services
UK: 0344 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954
Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm
Closed bank holidays

[

link hidden, please login to view
]
link hidden, please login to view

You can even reach us via our Web Chat facility through the LG UK website
link hidden, please login to view

Thanks for posting their response. I'm a tad confused them saying their tv's do not use MHEG as that really has no baring on this issue. I have contacted the company that supplies the platform for planet knowledge and they stated categorically that the format is HBB that LG incorporates.  I'm not sure why they would have to replace hardware as MHEG/HBB is a software issue. 

Sorry to hear attenuating did not work and you has an extra expense. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Just totally confused with the whole issue Tinks. I'm no expert on the hardware or software that TV's operate under so don't really understand what it all means. In your opinion, is there anything that LG could potentially do to improve or resolve this software issue?

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi guys, I just found this thread whilst investigating another issue with IPTV over Freeview (the hybrid channels). Please would someone confirm whether or not the screen saver fireworks kick in after a few minutes when watching these channels? A number of people with LG OLED TVs including me (E8) have this issue and there's no way to override it. Very annoying.  For some reason the TV thinks that the video stream is a static image.

I'm happy to check whether I can receive streams on UHF channel 25 if they could be listed here, and I'll confirm my signal strength.

Edit: the IPTV streams are on UHF channel 29 in my area - signal strength 94%, quality 100%. I confirm I can receive Planet Knowledge and all the others, therefore I think the theory about high signal strength being the issue is incorrect.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 0
On 11/23/2019 at 10:17 AM, Neversaydie said:

Just totally confused with the whole issue Tinks. I'm no expert on the hardware or software that TV's operate under so don't really understand what it all means. In your opinion, is there anything that LG could potentially do to improve or resolve this software issue?

 

Regards

Sadly I'm not an expert either but after this issue I have done a lot of searching. Even the BBC state they are recoding for HBB yet still incorporating MHEG so nobody misses out.  The tv's we own have HBB capability; the channels we cannot receive are HBB format.  

I believe it is a fault in the software of LG. Even the red button on BBC reports a carousel failure of WEBOS 4.5 HBBTV. The red button uses hybrid code. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, TonyB said:

Hi guys, I just found this thread whilst investigating another issue with IPTV over Freeview (the hybrid channels). Please would someone confirm whether or not the screen saver fireworks kick in after a few minutes when watching these channels? A number of people with LG OLED TVs including me (E8) have this issue and there's no way to override it. Very annoying.  For some reason the TV thinks that the video stream is a static image.

I'm happy to check whether I can receive streams on UHF channel 25 if they could be listed here, and I'll confirm my signal strength.

Edit: the IPTV streams are on UHF channel 29 in my area - signal strength 94%, quality 100%. I confirm I can receive Planet Knowledge and all the others, therefore I think the theory about high signal strength being the issue is incorrect.

Hi Tony. 

Thanks for checking the channels. My 2018 LG TV has 100% signal and recieved the IPTV channels fine. The UM models seem to have an issue with it.   Do you mind giving me your model number and WEBOS please? 

I have checked the IPTV channels and I get no screensaver at all. You can turn this option off in settings...not sure if you have tried that at all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Tinks

Thanks again for your thoughts regarding my LG issue. I've become so confused and disillusioned with the whole situation that I have decided to sell the wretched tv. Thank you so much for help over this matter but as I say I've just had enough of it now and am going to invest another TV.

 

Regards

Graham

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
31 minutes ago, Tinks said:

Hi Tony. 

Thanks for checking the channels. My 2018 LG TV has 100% signal and recieved the IPTV channels fine. The UM models seem to have an issue with it.   Do you mind giving me your model number and WEBOS please? 

I have checked the IPTV channels and I get no screensaver at all. You can turn this option off in settings...not sure if you have tried that at all? 

My TV is the OLED55E8 PLA and the web OS version is 4.1.3.5624 (goldilocks-glacier). Weird that it's just the the UM range that's affected.

Thanks for reporting back on the screensaver.  In fact the LG OLED TVs have no option to switch off the screensaver, given their higher potential for screen burn or image retention. It kicks in after two minutes when you're watching a radio channel but it's very irritating that it also happens when streaming a live video channel that happens to be broadcasting via IPTV. I suppose it could be classed as a bug.  I'll try and find out if the 2019 OLEDs also have the issue.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Neversaydie said:

Hi Tinks

Thanks again for your thoughts regarding my LG issue. I've become so confused and disillusioned with the whole situation that I have decided to sell the wretched tv. Thank you so much for help over this matter but as I say I've just had enough of it now and am going to invest another TV.

 

Regards

Graham

How about trying to download the Racing TV app on your phone and cast it to the tv? 

 Or can you not return it to where you purchased it? Explain to the merchant what has happened. Along with Tonys screensaver issue, it seems that this 4.5 LG OS is not recognising the HBBTV channels for what they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Topics

    • By Mihai B.
      Hello,
      Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 
      Kind regards,
    • By turtuv
      hi guys, I have an LG CX65 bought a month ago. it's already happened two times that while I was watching a normal TV channel the fireworks screensaver kicked in. After the first time I did a reset of the TV, but it happened again today. Someone has experienced this issue? If could be useful to know, I have an Xbox series x, a ps5 and a soundbar connected respectively to HDMI port 1, 2 and 3 and the consoles always stays in sleep mode. they works great, no problem at all, and the hdmi cables are brand new.
      the first time the fireworks kicked in while a was watching a news Channel i has only the soundbar and PS4 connected tho.
      I hope you can help me out
       
      Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk
       
       
    • By Bogan Silver
      Hi
      I am trying to stream and display my favorite song collections on a smart TV, all failed. I had previously used samsung s3 to connect via bluetooth, but when i used iphone x to connect, the system reported an incompatible error. Can someone tell me why the connection was not successful? Here are the songs I want to play on my TV: 
      link hidden, please login to view
      Thanks in advance  
    • By PVN Satyanarayana
      Hi, I purchased my SMART TV model 43LF6300 in the year 2016 and current Firmware Version 04.06.40. Every one India using their favorite app like Disney Hotstar+, Zee5, Aaha and many more apps but those are not available on my TV which is annoying.. I spent Rs. 54000 to buy LG Smart TV but all the latest apps are not available. Please release the latest Web OS for these models at least Beta version unless the TVs like this will be useless and no one trust LG products. Thanks in advance and hope to receive latest Web OS soon.
    • By Sur Partha
      I want to install MX Player on my LG Smart TV. I checked LG Play store for content. It is not available. Is it possible ?
      Regards,
      Partha
       
       
  • Similar Tagged Content

    • By Anthony Place
      I have a strange problem with freeview play and Iplayer on my 55 E6 I need help first is this the correct place to post 
      The problem started about 2 months ago 
      If i select a BBC program from the past by scrolling through the freeview guide Iplayer starts as usual But when it starts playing there is no picture or sound if subtitles are on you can see the the subtitles going by but no sound of picture.

      if i start iplayer using the app UI to watch the same program it works fine 
      all other catch up works through the freeview guide 
      If i am watching a bbc program and press green to restart the program it works ok also
      I have contacted Freeview they told me to contact BBC 
      I have contacted bbc iplayer help they told me to contact LG 

      I contacted 
      link hidden, please login to view  they sent an engineer he said he would report the issue to LG 
      I am told LG said they did not see it as a problem and would do nothing 
      I spoke to link hidden, please login to view  again and was told LG tvs do not support Iplayer any more 

      I also have a 55uh850v that I use in my cinema as a 3d monitor this tv is olso webos3 this tv has exactly the same problem 
      I also have a 49UH610v this works perfectly 
      I also have a OLED55B7V this has the freeview guide disappearing problem that is well documented in "LG TV Freeview Play" forum but when its working the Iplayer works ok
      I have 70mg fibre broad band and the tvs are on wired ethernet 

      I do not know what to do next
    • By Phil D
      I've seen some old posts (over a year) via a google search about the issue I'm having which seemed to be a bug then and apparently still is.
      I have an OLED55B7V with the latest LG Firmware available according to the Update section on my TV which is 04.70.95.
      My issue is that occasionally when I turn on the TV from Standby via the remote, the Freeview channels are no longer tuned and I am required to retune them. I don't experience any issues tuning them and they will stay tuned sometimes for a couple of days.
      There doesn't seem to be anyway of reporting the bug. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or know of a way that I can resolve it?
    • By manus34
      I have a new lg 55uj634v tv and have an annoying issue.I live close to the border of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
      When I tune in my DTV,I get about 47 odd channels showing up on auto search,but when I go to watch them,The non Irish Channels all show up with Invalid Service with a little animation,so basically all the freeview Channels seem scrambled or something.
      Does anyone know what Invalid Service means or how I could get around this


×
×
  • Create New...