Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!
Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
By Arthur Dent
since upgrading my LGOLED55C9PLA firmware to 05.00.03
every time I open a TV channel, I get the HOME menu bar at the bottom of the screen, not sure if a bug, or a bad idea, it has no disable option, feel I would like to roll back to the previous firmware, is this safe ? Is there an easy procedure ? Where do I get the previous firmware file from ?
UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE
The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.
Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE?
Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month.
HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES?
Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates.
Use this diagram if you need help getting set up:
ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:
Press the MENU Click SYSTEM SETTINGS Then ABOUT Then SYSTEM UPDATES You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically. FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.
Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
1. Download LgDTVUpDater [
link hidden, please login to view | link hidden, please login to view ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your link hidden, please login to view
5. Save and exit
6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
12. Restart TV
13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions
For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings
NSU EMU BY SMX
If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found link hidden, please login to view.
By LG user 42LB6500-TH
LG 42LB6500 is having trouble with display. Fire TV stick, prime video and set top box video are not getting displayed and only audio works. It looks like this is a software issue (current version 05.05.55) and I am not able to fix it by updating software to 05.05.70 via internet (image below) or through usb. Please advice.
Similar Tagged Content
By Mohamed Bahaa
Hello guys really really im getting crazy about my LG Smart tv 60 inch. 60LB6520 after the new frimware 5.5.55 ....i cant stop seeing juddering in every movie or any channel via satellite or pc or netflix ... i cant watch anything without juddering ... i tried everything to fix it and zero result ..
* i disabled trumotion and every option.
* i made trumotion on de judder 3 and de blur 0 to 10
* i made trumotion on de judder 0 and de blur 0 with real cinema on
i tried everything and really disappointed.
but the judder is gone once when i made trumotion smooth ( but u know the bad soap opera effect )
should i sell my tv or what i can do ...Neeed Heeelp
By neeraj chintala
my lg tv has a very good internet connection which is even capable of 4k but only plays the videos at 720p , need help!
Recently I am having problems playing movies ( 3D and normal bluray) from a 32GB usb drive...
The movie plays but randomly stops at certain points eg 20min in ect
Some movies with play 100% and other will stop..
I switched of the Tru Motion on the TV cuz it looks funny when I'm watching TV, can this be the issue???
Can it be because of the firmware update??
Anyone else having problems with 3D image at the bottom of the screen. I've tried a couple of 3D movies with subtitles. When the subtitles are at the top of the screen everything is fine, but when they are shown at the bottom of the screen (where they are 95% of the time), they are often really hard to read. They are shown almost duplicated or some thing (hard to explain).
The problem happens about 1/4 of the screen at the bottom and its not only with subtitles, also the image is almost like the glasses are not working correctly, but 3/4 of the screen shows the 3D image just fine.