Quantcast

LG 49UB850t Stops playing movies from usb???

JohannSmit88

Question

Hi there,

Recently I am having problems playing movies ( 3D and normal bluray) from a 32GB usb drive...

The movie plays but randomly stops at certain points eg 20min in ect

Some movies with play 100% and other will stop..

I switched of the Tru Motion on the TV cuz it looks funny when I'm watching TV, can this be the issue???

Can it be because of the firmware update??

Any solutions???

Thanks!!!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hi there,

Recently I am having problems playing movies ( 3D and normal bluray) from a 32GB usb drive...

The movie plays but randomly stops at certain points eg 20min in ect

Some movies with play 100% and other will stop..

I switched of the Tru Motion on the TV cuz it looks funny when I'm watching TV, can this be the issue???

Can it be because of the firmware update??

Any solutions???

Thanks!!!

It sounds much more likely to be errors in the file you are playing or the USB drive not being fast enough to transfer the data to the tv. Is it an HD file ie 1080p mkv or similar?

It sounds much more likely to be errors in the file you are playing or the USB drive not being fast enough to transfer the data to the tv. Is it an HD file ie 1080p mkv or similar?

I am using a SanDisk 32GB USB3 flashdrive....And yes the files are all 1080p mkv... They all work on my other Sinotec TV...

Should I try to format the Flash and only put 1 movie at a time ect?Cuz the drive is pretty much full

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mackey
      I bought a new 77 inch OLED tv a year ago. Ever since then it has randomly reset itself when using apps, (Youtube, Sirius, Netflix, doesn't matter). Basically the tv freezes, closes out the app and goes black as if the power has been cut, and then restarts to HDMI 1 just as it does whenever the TV is first turned on. I have had a technician visit 4 times already and he's replaced the main board, the wifi board, the remote control and the remote sensor. Basically he's replaced everything except the display and the power cord. Of course we've made sure the firmware is up to date and done many hard resets and nothing works.  I'll add one more thing that happened last week for the first time, but it happened twice so it is definitely not a coincidence. I was watching a movie on Disney Plus and a half second before my phone rang, the movie stopped like before, but this time the app restarted in stead of the entire tv restarting. This exact same thing happened 15 minutes later, a half second before another call came in so it was not a coincidence. My phone is android with Verizon fwiw, but of course I get calls all of the time and this only happened this one day. Since almost everything has been replaced I had already been thinking that some kind of electromagnetic interference may be at issue, but this is not my specialty. Has anyone else experienced this?
    • By jkester
      Sling TV is my default app on my LG TV.   Everything  was working fine until today.  Now when I hit the HOME button on the remote, the TV correctly returns to the HOME page, but then immediately re-launches Sling TV before I have an opportunity to select a different app (for example, Netflix).   This cycle repeats itself every time I enter HOME while in the Sling TV app.  The only way I can return to HOME without Sling TV automatically relaunching is to manually select a different input (e.g., HDMI one or LIVE Team), and then enter HOME and it will correctly stay in HOME until another app is selected.  I've tried resetting the TV  and I've tried deleting/adding Sling TV.  I have the latest WebOS update.  This may have started after downloading a recent Sling TV app?  Not sure.  Any suggestions appreciated.
    • By Alley Cat
      I am currently using this TV only to view internet content.  I am using the built-in wifi and ethernet connections.  But the TV starts up into maximally loud static every time and I haven't found a way around this.  Just about anything else would be better.  It could autodetect and mute the static.  Or it could start into the Apps screen.  Or it could start into my preferred app.  Or it could just start into a blank screen.  Whatever.  Just not loud, loud static.
      I read someone was able to set parental controls to get rid of the cable channels so it didn't start into static but that didn't work for me -- I deleted and locked all static channels but it still starts up into one of them.
      I guess more people have had success giving it an HDMI input and setting that as default -- I can't find the menu item to do that, maybe I need to actually connect an HDMI input? I don't have one readily available.  It seems silly to spend money on an extra streaming box to mostly do things that are built into my $900 TV, because it was designed to blast static on my speakers every time it starts up.
      So -- are there any other possibilities to solve this problem? 
    • By davexnet
      TV is the 2017 uj6500 series,
      for the last 4 - 6 weeks the FIlmrise channels do not properly load.  They install, you can select them,
      you get the channel splash screen, then the screen goes black and stays that way until you exit out.
      Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help.
      Any info appreciated

• By panrap
      Hello,

I am trying to watch NBA matches at my TV, and i have nba pass subsrciption. It appears that my country is not eligible and there is no nba app at the lg store.
      When i login to my account through the webos broswer , when i try to watch a game, i get the message "download the app", and the link takes me to other apple store.
      I tried to watch through airplay (either from my macbook or my iphone), but when i connect to airplay, the screen gets black. I guess that is something with nba sharing rights etc, because with other apps it works fine.

has anybody find any solution to this?
  • Similar Tagged Content