Quantcast

Please help - how to change the default open screen - I dont have live tv

Paulct

Question

I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

Settings → All Settings → Programme → Programme Tuning and Settings → Programme List Update → Off This issue happens because your TV is trying to search for updates within the TV's channel listings. This was something that was implemented with the latest software versions because the governing body who look after the channels wanted the TV to scan for updates...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, maninblack2000 said:

Settings → All Settings → Programme → Programme Tuning and Settings → Programme List Update → Off This issue happens because your TV is trying to search for updates within the TV's channel listings. This was something that was implemented with the latest software versions because the governing body who look after the channels wanted the TV to scan for updates...

Unfortunately I am in America and this is not an option on our menus. I posted this on a few forums and called LG twice. I either have to turn my TV  on to blaring static every time,  or have it turn on to a HDMI input  screen where a pop up window asks if I want to  search for an input every time. The reason LG gave me both times was that a TV is built to use cable, and that won't  be changing any time soon. I will be returning this TV for another brand. 

I have a C7, no cable, just like you. Mine has never done what you describe so there must be some option to prevent it. Not entirely sure what it would be, but I have 'Channel Plus' and 'Live Plus' turned off. It defaults to the Home Theater input. 

11 hours ago, Cody k said:

I have a C7, no cable, just like you. Mine has never done what you describe so there must be some option to prevent it. Not entirely sure what it would be, but I have 'Channel Plus' and 'Live Plus' turned off. It defaults to the Home Theater input. 

I have a b7. There are no channel plus or live plus option in any menu.

3 minutes ago, PeterV said:

First I had live tv using an antenna. Now I have a set-top box. In the connection manager menu (I think) I told the system I had a set-top box on HDMI-2 and now the TV always starts on HDMI-2.

If I do that it opens to a pop up screen asking if I want to search inputs. 

i got this reply on my post, not sure if its relevant to you but:

I FINALLY found a fix for this. Well, really a workaround, but it solved the problem for me. I went into parental settings and set a passcode lock on the live tv and component inputs. Now, my tv starts up perfectly on whatever HDMI input I last used. 

In Device Connector I selected 'decoder'. After this I also changed the functions of the Magic Remote.

Now I select 'Input' I can see the live TV is still selectable, but al the options are grey.

Also in 'setup' I can not select channels any more.

Of course I don't remember exactly what I have done 2 years ago, or maybe they have changed the options in newer version of WebOS. The only thing I can think of is reseting the TV and while going to the options select you don't have an antenna.