Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

furkin

Streaming to LG TV +

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

As you will soon realise, I'm new to 'smart' things like TV's & Phones, and just invested in both.

I'm disabled, and struggle with things at times.

My Son - lives with his mother - streams from his phone to his tv, and been explaining it to me.

My phone is a Moto G 4GLTE, but I can't seem to get it to stream to the LG.

Any ideas please ?

Today, I am finding that my PC will stream to the TV.

I have just opened SmartShare and seen some video's from the PC.

One of them is a film: it has foreign subtitles. Can I turn that off at the tv ?

If not, can I turn that off at the PC ?

There are also a couple of youtube shorties that I did. On the TV, they are in the same folder.

How do I swap video's around from folder to folder ? Obviously I want to keep movies in their own folder etc.

Are they 'stored' on the TV, or purely stream every time I turn it on ?

This TV is a replacement one. When I bought the original one, I also bought a new 1tb Samsung HDD for it & saved a couple of things.

When I plug it into the replacement machine, I find that I can no longer play them.

LG say this is their doing.

Can I change the extension or something, to get them to play on my new set ?

(I know I can change the extensions to run .rec files from the Toppy onto the PC/TV)

Also, the replacement came with no black box for accessories,,,, nor batteries,,,, nor usb stick.

Again, LG say this is their doing.

When researching for my new, & long awaited TV set, I'm sure I saw an advert, or some write-up stating that it comes with a usb recording stick, but can't find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction of any such advertising please ?

Thanks all for reading the ramblings of an old geezer.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Hi,

I'm a newbie myself however, I think the solution is relatively simple.

Bare in mind that your smart TV is a conduit to stream files from your PC.

So, all changes should conducted at the PC end.

I'm using windows 7 with the smart share program located in the Icon box.

smart share should've been installed on your PC when you first installed the smart share software.

1: Make any changes you want to your movies, pictures and music files

2: Double click the smart share icon to pen the smart share program

3: Click My Shared Content on the left which will list any folder (you can select any dive you have and any folder)

to add a folder click the green plus folder icon top left, to remove click the minus folder.

If not already done so Add folders  

Sorry incomplete

step 4: After any changes click the blue refresh folders icon top left and

everything should be updated with your TV screen matching you PC folders

Hope this help

Please acknowledge if it does thanks