Quantcast

SONY LIV APP

Vikram Sud

6 hours ago, Vikram Sud said:

When will we get the SONYLIV app on WebOS ? 

Even the WebOS browser doesn't support playing SONYLIV content due to lack of Flash support. 

Strangely Chromecast also has issues. 

Hi Vikram,

webOS will get the SONYLIV when Sony produces it, as with iOS and Android app development is not down to the platform provider.

To the best of my knowledge no mobile platform (this includes Smart TVs) supports Flash due to the fact Adobe dropped  support and development back in 2011 for such devices, this includes your Chromecast.

• 8 months later...

I have one LG 43uk6780pte 4k TV. I hope you know that people in India use 4 apps (hotstar, sonyliv, voot, zee5) extensively along with Amazon prime and Netflix. Now, webos platform is having many apps, but it is missing two of the most popular apps i.e. sonyliv and voot. Hence, I am eagerly waiting for these apps.

So, I want to know whether there is any chance that we will be getting these apps in near future.

19 hours ago, Subrat said:

I have one LG 43uk6780pte 4k TV. I hope you know that people in India use 4 apps (hotstar, sonyliv, voot, zee5) extensively along with Amazon prime and Netflix. Now, webos platform is having many apps, but it is missing two of the most popular apps i.e. sonyliv and voot. Hence, I am eagerly waiting for these apps.

So, I want to know whether there is any chance that we will be getting these apps in near future.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Ankit Batra said:

Sony has already produced the app and SDK is available, LG Webos team should build the app now bases that.

I am not sure why you would need an SDK from Sony to build an app for the webOS platform.  SDKs are usually produced by the platform manufacturer (in this case LG) so that people can build applications for said platform.

5 hours ago, Ankit Batra said:

Than please go ahead and build one.

Android OS is killing your market in India because the apps available for them are pretty more than what is for webos today.

Hi Ankit,

Yes I would, but I'm not a programmer and I do not work for either Sony or LG.  You may have missed that this is a user-to-user forum so not many people here have a vested interest in actually producing apps.  Producing apps for a platform is easier done by the content providers themselves, in this case Sony, as they will have the knowledge of how their own backend services are set up to allow an external app to access them.  Really you need to complain to Sony Liv about the lack of an app.

Hi George,

Thanks for highlighting, i have written to SONY as well for same. Hope they take this seriously and action.

i would urge others too to drop them a mail regarding this request

Dear sony Team,

This is a request to develop an application for LG Webos Smart TV. 
Many users who have subscribed for sony liv would be benefitted with this and you should also be in forefront with other smart TV app providers like Hotstar and Zee5.

Please do think of building one and i am sure you will increase you subscription base with this.

Regards
Ankit  

Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ankit Batra said:

Hi George,

Thanks for highlighting, i have written to SONY as well for same. Hope they take this seriously and action.

i would urge others too to drop them a mail regarding this request

Dear sony Team,

This is a request to develop an application for LG Webos Smart TV. 
Many users who have subscribed for sony liv would be benefitted with this and you should also be in forefront with other smart TV app providers like Hotstar and Zee5.

Please do think of building one and i am sure you will increase you subscription base with this.

Regards
Ankit  

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Ankit,

Hopefully other forum members will follow your example and nudge Sony along.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 3:10 PM, Vikram Sud said:

Thanks for a very quick response. 

I need to buy two more TVs for my other rooms. Clearly I will buy Android TVs instead and LG will loose out on biz. 

I don't think that is compelling enough to add deprecated technology onto the WebOS platform (including the security issues of Flash) 😀

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Not sure why LG TV people can buy if their operating systems are not compatible to create new apps immediately as per the customer's need.! 

This is as good as Windows Phone Vs Android apps.

These LG guys don't understand that because of these software apps their televisions are getting sell out.

They want to make bother windows phone type of model in television industry and soon they will wiped out of they don't understand the customer's basic need.

• 5 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 5:46 PM, Tapas Rakshit said:

I buy the premium subscription to sonyliv so please bring it to this platform so that we can get the full content in HD mode asap. Make it first.

Hi @Tapas Rakshit

You would be best doing what @Junaid Ahmed has done and contact Sony via their Twitter feed to show that as a user you pay a premium subscription and you are not getting your money's worth.  Also, by more users contacting Sony direct it may encourage them to speed up the process of bringing a native app to LG's webOS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Bhavan Kamble said:

@Vikram Sud Yes you are right,  LG and LG Web OS is a good platform , but due to lack of apps and content , LG will surely lose out TV biz too. Instead replace Web OS with android.

Hi @Bhavan Kamble

LG replace webOS with Android!  Never going to happen for exactly the same reason Samsung would never replace Tizen; money.  TV manufacturers make little money from the actual sale of hardware, but if they have complete control of their software ecosystem they are on to a winner.

It would be interesting to know if people actually do some research before buying a TV. If you know that you predominantly use Android based apps, why not buy an Android based TV?
Alternatively get a small Android box and connect to your TV. Problem solved.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sbzz said:

It would be interesting to know if people actually do some research before buying a TV. If you know that you predominantly use Android based apps, why not buy an Android based TV?
Alternatively get a small Android box and connect to your TV. Problem solved.

Hi @sbzz

Are you suggesting that people should take some responsibility for the actions?  Shame on you...

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...