Quantcast

Smartshare audio track change problem

How to change audio language?

I Was watching a film. (Mkv)

I stopped playback.

Tv said there is firmware update. I updated to firmware 04.30.09.

Later i wanted to continue the film, but the audio language changed to english. I can not switch It back to to original. The audio icon in the menu is inactive (like It was always).

Im playing the film through Dlna from my NAS.

Any ideas, how to Change language?

I have the same issue. The local support told me unfortunately the DLNA client does not support switching audio streams. However, watching the same MKV from USB works fine, I can switch between audio streams.

Hopefully they'll solve this problem in the DLNA client because I don't want to remove additional audio streams from each and every MKV I have.

• Like 1

I have the same issue. The local support told me unfortunately the DLNA client does not support switching audio streams. However, watching the same MKV from USB works fine, I can switch between audio streams.

Hopefully they'll solve this problem in the DLNA client because I don't want to remove additional audio streams from each and every MKV I have.

Ok, no changing Tracks on DLNA, but I checked the MKV file with MKVMerge.

My wanted audio track was the first, it had the same language whitch is set default on TV, and it was the default audio Track in MKV.

So it seems WebOS picks audio track randomly. (or it always picks the English Track...)

I hope it will change soon.

Ok, no changing Tracks on DLNA, but I checked the MKV file with MKVMerge.

My wanted audio track was the first, it had the same language whitch is set default on TV, and it was the default audio Track in MKV.

So it seems WebOS picks audio track randomly. (or it always picks the English Track...)

I hope it will change soon.

It's closer to random. Mostly it chooses English but there are cases when other streams come out as winners. FYI, I've created a shell script to easily create a copy of an MKV file with the video and one audio stream. It's on GitHub:

link hidden, please login to view

• 5 weeks later...

Local languge came back as default with new firmware update for mkv in DLNA client. Howewer audio languges switch does not work.

So only one local audio track from mkv file is avalable to play.

I have updated to the latest firmware but the issue is still there. I have an MKV with multiple audio tracks and the playback starts with the english one not the local language (the language settings are set to define hungarian as the local language).

• 2 weeks later...

I have local language plaing with my mkv files now. Not sure how DLNA client select tracks to play but each mkv file has adio "track#" and "default" property for each audio track.

My files have local languge as track #1 and its "default " property = yes.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! I started having this annoying issue on my 42" 42LA740S after an update, probably the same as you. Out of the box it was possibile to switch language and subtitles while streaming (I use Plex as media server on my PC). I'm trying to get an answer from the LG italian support, but I expect nothing  :unsure:

I think they removed this functionality from the DLNA player for some reason, and they are never putting it back  :huh: 

Maybe if we flood the support with emails.... :D

edit: I found this article explaining how to downgrade TV firmware 

I'm not new to this kind of thing, but I think is a little dangerous because there is no "recovery mode" or a way to flash the firmware directly from a pendrive USB, but you need to trick the TV to make it download a specific version of the software from your PC instead of LG official website.

Actually, with the latest software update the whole issue has has been resolved for me. I'm able to select audio track and subtitles provided in the MKV files.  :)

Are you sure it works streaming from a DLNA server like Plex? I just received last update (04.27.05) but this ain't changed. What is your software version?

I attach a detailed screenshot of my sw version  :)

post-5215-0-88151800-1443873758_thumb.jpg

Are you sure it works streaming from a DLNA server like Plex? I just received last update (04.27.05) but this ain't changed. What is your software version?

I attach a detailed screenshot of my sw version  :)

Yes, I'm using my NAS as the DLNA server. It used to be the case that I was unable to change audio tracks, although the TV could handle multiple audio tracks when I used the same file via USB instead of DLNA.

Please hav my software version as following:

This is an LG 42LB671V.

Yes, I'm using my NAS as the DLNA server. It used to be the case that I was unable to change audio tracks, although the TV could handle multiple audio tracks when I used the same file via USB instead of DLNA.

Please hav my software version as following:

This is an LG 42LB671V.

oh, your software version is 5 ... I don't know if my TV will get it...I hope so!

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

It's not immediately obvious but you CAN change the subtitles and audio track on Web OS 4.0.0.0. Here is how:

1) In Smartshare, choose a video and play it.

2) When Playing a video, click on the Additional Options icon. It's a left arrow Icon (<--) at the bottom right of the player.

3) Once you click the left arrow, it's clear. You can select the Subtitle option or Audio options. If the icons are disabled, it means it the video doesn't have addiitonal subtitles/audio.

That's it. I hope that helps.

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ramya Shyam
      Bought a LG Nano TV in Iceland and trying to change the settings from.Europe to India using settings remote. Does not update, What could be the issue?
    • By Stuart GIBSON
      I have a 48" OLED (Model: OLED48A26LA).  after updating to software version 13.30.61 the Sky New Live feed just displays "There was a problem with this video [timeout]".  It worked perfectly before the TV software upgrade.
      Ive reinstalled the Sky News app but still doesnt work.  wifi etc is all ok.
      Any ideas?  
      Stuart

• By coltaz
      i currently have a LG oled55cx tv which has not got an audio out setting for bluetooth headphones + internal at the same time. the nearest option is bluetooth surround + internal but the sound on the headphones is very poor and distorted. i'm currently having to run a wire to my headphones if my wife is watching tv as well. are there any other brands or ranges out there which has a bluetooth headphone + internal sound out option. thanks.
    • By Tsmt
      Hello,
      I have a problem with the subtitles when I try to share a video wirelessly directly from my PC to my LG 55SM9010PLA TV. I am not talking about sharing the whole screen (it lags a bit), just the video itself. 
      Sharing the video itself works well, but randomly the TV randomly does not recognise the subtitle, the sub option is not active in the TV menu, and there are no subtitles. It is in the same folder on my PC as the movie (.mkv), with the same name. In case of some movies it works, in case of others not, and I do not see the reasons why.
      First I tought it is becouse the format of the subtitle needs to be ".sub", becouse it worked with one movie. So I have learnt how to convert properly ".srt" to ".sub" - but still no success.
      Then I realised, in the case of another movie ".srt" worked on the TV, so I got really confused.
      I see no logic behind it.  Could you help me, what is the key here, what am I missing?
      Thank you!

• Weebly - Websites, eCommerce &amp; Marketing in one place.
    • By News Reporter
      LG TONE Free T90S With Dolby Atmos for All Content and Devices, Ergonomically
      Designed for a Near-Custom Fit

SEOUL, May. 16, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is introducing the company’s latest TONE Free T90S model to the global market, designed to offer impressive sound for a heightened listening experience. The new T90S earbuds are enhanced by pure graphene, boast an even more comfortable fit and possess a range of useful features essential for elevated on-the-go listening pleasure.
      Delivering an enriched audio experience with improved accuracy and clarity, the newest T90S earbuds use pure graphene for drivers, a departure from the conventional use of coated graphene. The lightweight and sustainable material is widely known for boosting performance and efficiency in advanced technologies such as semiconductors and solar cells. The use of pure graphene in LG’s latest earbuds reduces vibrations and allows users to revel in well-balanced and precise sound with powerful bass and enhanced mid- and high-range frequencies. The T90S earbuds are designed to take full advantage of graphene’s lightweight nature, ensuring a cozy fit that ensures comfort for prolonged listening.
      LG’s T90 TONE Free series continues to provide unmatched level of surround sound experience as the first Dolby Atmos earbuds to support Dolby Head Tracking across all content and devices. Dolby Head Tracking technology adapts audio based on users’ head movements, creating a dynamic sense of immersion that places listeners at the center. Whether listening to music, diving into a movie or series or engaging in all the action of a video game, the high-quality sound captivates users on smartphones, tablets or large-screen TVs.
      What’s new, T90S earbuds now support Dolby Head Tracking technology up to 24bit / 96kHz audio, allowing users to enjoy studio-level audio quality. The latest earbuds also offer added versatility with Dolby Atmos Optimizer, with optimized surround sound based on three adjustable levels that cater to users’ preferences.
      LG continues to present superior sound in partnership with Meridian Audio, featuring Meridian Headphone Spatial Processing (HSP), a specialized technology that delivers a clear center image, making listeners feel like they’re listening to a stereo sound system. In addition to natural, distortion-free sound, Meridian’s Perfect Balance technology allows T90S users to experience a consistent tonal balance despite the volume.
      Along with an elevated listening experience, LG TONE Free earbuds ensure hygiene is at the forefront with LG’s exclusive UVnano charging case, which uses ultraviolet light to effectively eliminate 99.9% of bacteria on the ear gels of the earbuds within just 10 minutes of the powered charging cycle.* T90S earbuds adopt medical-grade, hypoallergenic ear gels that absorb dust and prevent dirt from accumulating, effectively reducing skin irritations.
      Prioritizing user convenience with enhanced connectivity abilities, the LG T90S model enhances the versatile Plug & Wireless feature, a trait reserved only for LG TONE Free earbuds. With USB-C to AUX and USB-C to USB C cables included, the T90S charging case can be used a transmitter, enabling seamless Bluetooth connectivity between the earbuds and non-Bluetooth devices like in-flight entertainment systems, gym treadmills, hotel TVs and more.
      In addition to supporting Bluetooth codecs AAC and SBC for seamless connection with Apple and Android devices, the T90S is also compatible with the aptX Adaptive codec. With the LG TONE Free app, users can sync up to five external devices, eliminating the hassle of manually reconnecting when switching between devices. Moreover, the T90S supports multi-pairing, enabling users to connect to two source devices simultaneously.
      For flawless listening and call experiences no matter what is happening around the user, LG’s newest earbuds ensure optimal noise reduction with the company’s Adaptive Noise Cancellation (ANC) technology, adapting the T90S earbuds to surrounding noise levels in real time. What’s more, new ergonomically designed ear tips are designed to create a tighter seal and block more noise, while ensuring a stable fit which enables ANC to perform more effectively.
      The T90S earbuds deliver crystal-clear call quality, making it feel as if the caller is speaking right beside the user. LG has integrated a built-in three-microphone system and Voice Pickup Unit (VPU) to monitor background noise, pick up users’ voices and track jaw movements. T90S earbuds feature a new High Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) microphone which further reduces ambient noise, while the earbuds leverage a new algorithm that isolates speech from background noise to optimize dialogue quality and reduce noise.
      LG has always been devoted to delivering a comfortable fit without compromising performance. In collaboration with South Korea’s POSTECH Ergonomic Design Technology Lab, the latest earbuds have been designed with ergonomic precision and consistent comfort. Extensive research on the human ear has been conducted to determine how to fit the earbuds securely while applying the least amount of pressure, enabling use in various situations such as at work or during an intense workout.
      LG’s newest TONE Free wireless earbuds T90S will be rolled out in major markets worldwide from May.
      # # #
      * UVnano is a compound word derived from the words UV and its unit nanometer. Independent testing shows UVnano charging case eliminates 99.9 percent of Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumonia bacteria on earbuds within ten minutes of charging. The UV LED function works only when the charging case is connected to the power cable.

• Similar Tagged Content