Quantcast

Video from PC to TV - subtitle problem

Tsmt

Question

Hello,

I have a problem with the subtitles when I try to share a video wirelessly directly from my PC to my LG 55SM9010PLA TV. I am not talking about sharing the whole screen (it lags a bit), just the video itself. 

Sharing the video itself works well, but randomly the TV randomly does not recognise the subtitle, the sub option is not active in the TV menu, and there are no subtitles. It is in the same folder on my PC as the movie (.mkv), with the same name. In case of some movies it works, in case of others not, and I do not see the reasons why.

First I tought it is becouse the format of the subtitle needs to be ".sub", becouse it worked with one movie. So I have learnt how to convert properly ".srt" to ".sub" - but still no success.
Then I realised, in the case of another movie ".srt" worked on the TV, so I got really confused.

I see no logic behind it.  Could you help me, what is the key here, what am I missing?

Thank you!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By LPT
      Hi.
      When Im playing a movie in an app on my LG OLED TV the screen is turned off after 15 minutter and only showing for the lack of other words its "digital fireworks» and the text "Turn on screen by pressing any button on remote except power button».
      Its really annoying. 
      Every power/eco mode is off and no timer is active?
      Anyone?

• By Wcwhitejr
      I need to be able to disable the fireworks screen saver. I cannot use karaoke app!
    • By mradyali
      we are developing player for LG,  we want to get available subtitles  for the VOD, like this one

link hidden, please login to view textTracks() didn't return any result , is their any custom API or internal call to get them?
      Note :  audioTracks() work like  charm.
    • By News Reporter
      Many decades have passed since the first and second industrial revolutions birthed the factories, transportation and infrastructure that changed the world forever. The third industrial revolution is well underway and if LG has any say, the next revolution will be no less disruptive, with smart technologies changing both corporate cultures and customer experiences on a global scale.

LG Smart Park I at Changwon
      LG is embracing this change with the digital transformation of its manufacturing processes, starting with its largest appliance facility. After four years and USD 668 million, LG transformed its main home appliance plant in Changwon into the eco-minded LG Smart Park. The first phase, Changwon Plant 1, will begin churning out refrigerators and water purifiers starting this month.

Kitchen appliance manufacturing automation
      This digital transformation significantly increases automation in the process of manufacturing kitchen appliances, from assembling and inspecting to packaging the products. The integrated monitoring system employs big data and deep learning to further enhance production efficiency and quality competitiveness. What’s more, energy efficiency and safety are enhanced thanks to a more advanced energy management solution and earthquake-resistant architecture.

5G-powered automated guide vehicle
      The factory’s logistics system has also been strengthened to secure the highest productivity possible through 5G-powered automated guide vehicles and an automatic supply system boasting cutting-edge technologies. Intelligent unmanned warehouses and high-altitude conveyor belts enable this next-generation facility to increase its annual production capacity from 2 to 3 million units.

A high-altitude conveyor belt delivering supplies inside the smart factory
      LG Smart Park is optimized for LG’s modular design process which simplifies manufacturing to significantly reduce time and cost. Modular design simplifies and standardizes components that go into a product (like LEGO blocks) to more efficiently produce various products. This allows LG to reduce the time needed to develop new products that reflect the needs of different consumers.

LG’s plan for Smart Park is to expand the facility to six lines across two buildings by 2024 all the while continuing to deliver new value to consumers, enhancing and expanding its premium home appliance production systems on a global scale.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By sweb
      How can i share via ubuntu. LG webos based on linux. it's funny we dont have share screen using ubuntu desktop.
      How can share my ubuntu desktop via lg webos?