Quantcast

TV WebOS Sucks

Add me to the list of disillusioned LG owners.

I'm in the process of contacting support about the "This app will restart to free up more memory" problem, but apparently they have never heard of it  :wacko:

Although we've had the TV for over a year I've only recently started using the WebOS options, as a possible alternative to our VM TIVO. Oh dear, web searches suggest I don't hold my breath in expectation of it ever being fixed, let alone seeing any real improvements.

• 2 weeks later...

One Year Ago I was bitching about my then new LG webos TV and I took it Back and got Samsung, best, decision, ever :D My samsung tv simply works and fast! And everything is up to date, the TV is alive FTW Sorry guys youre kinda fucked with these LG tvs. I hear Sony, Phillips etc. have good series with android now too so... choose wisely

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Oh yes, how about waiting for an app to appear in the app store just to find out that the "WebOS 2.0 upgrade" that my TV got wasn't REALLY WebOS 2.0... It was WebOS 1.nothing.

It's the Windows Phone of TVs. Sure, it's easy to just snap in a Roku or Chomecast but the thing LG got right was the Magic Remote. Otherwise I would have ditched WebOS. Now I'm stuck with a big 70" TV that only has Plex. Lame.

Topic moved to discussion forum.  Unfortunately there have been many complaints in this forum about the webos 1 and 2 for that matter. Lg doesn't seem to be updating older TVs to webOS 3.0 and 3.5, some of that they say is because of the hardware capability.  You can try and contact them directly with update question via their contact form, it seems to work for some.

Form: 

link hidden, please login to view

• 5 months later...

Hi
Can you help me?! I am from Azerbaijan.I have LG Tv 43LF631V.And in my Tv don't work Lg content store.I didn't enter any apps.I try to reset my tv from the settings menu.But don't change any.I know to enter service menu (EZ adjust) whit a smartphone.But I don't know codes( area, country, tools)in the service menu.If you know codes, send me, please

• 3 months later...

LG sold their product "saying SMART TV with WebOS",  i am a dumb buyer to believe them!!!!!!!.

Next time i will smarter and  better buyer. I WILL BUY A ANDROID TV. REAL SMART ONES . There are many developers doing things for this OS.

BYE BYE!!!! 

LG WebOS

Yeah these propietary built-ins OSes are very slow and have few if any desirable apps in them.  I use Direct TV Now for my streaming channels and it is still not on the apps list either.  Just forces you to have to use Roku. Amazon Fire, ChromeCast or Apple TV box 4K to get all the usable apps.  I understand that both Samsung and LG want to built there smart TV users base but in truth it not happening like they thought.  I have Smart TV built-in in my DVD players, TVs and never ever use them because it is very limited, locks up alot and are slow too.  But the management of the both electronics manufacturers keeps plugging away, putting them in all of their video devices and not really expending much money on improving apps content nor making their OS  competetive at all with the streaming boxes.  

• 3 weeks later...

All I want from my LG 43UJ6300 SmartTV is to automatically start Web browser and show me my one (and only one) favorite, in full screen when I turn the TV on. Is it too much to ask? I could forgive 1000 sins of WebOS if I could do this one thing. May be one of you SmartPeople know how to do it.

• 3 months later...

It's not webOS, it's your TV that sucks. I am perfectly happy with my 55UJ670V... cheap, fast, 4 seconds to boot from standby, 20 to fully boot. 10 to boot in quick start mode.
channel zapping is fast.

I see no problem whatsoever. I am just curious to see webOS 4.0 on this tv since I am still at 3.7.0 (firmware version 4.70.65)

• Like 1

On 02/12/2017 at 9:05 PM, Vinod Gupta said:

All I want from my LG 43UJ6300 SmartTV is to automatically start Web browser and show me my one (and only one) favorite, in full screen when I turn the TV on. Is it too much to ask? I could forgive 1000 sins of WebOS if I could do this one thing. May be one of you SmartPeople know how to do it.

This is a feature many people have asked for, one that the boffins at LG obviously did not think of.  It is possible that the feature will have made its way in to webOS 4, but it is anyone's guess if your current TV will be one of those that will be compatible with the upgrade.

• 5 months later...
Just now, Craig Goslan said:

Recording anything with the LG 'Smart ' remote is way more difficult than  recording with my Youview box. So un-intuitive that you feel that you have wasted your money. The TV is great, buy the control is rubbish and not very smart at all.

If you have 2 neurons, yes. Pressing the center button on magic remote and then select record does not seem so difficult even to monkeys.

• 2 years later...

LG TVs are absolute SH_T!!! The WiFi fails coming out-of-the-gate!   The Updates cause more issues than they resolve. CALL 'EM "DOWNDATES'  Support won't do JACK.  Their Self-promoting Xumo Ads are complete BULLSHIT!  Who needs to keep being chronically reminded of their car's features while they're using it.  I KNOW ALL ITS FEATURES!!! After several calls, their attitude is 'Oh well!'  IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING A CLASS-ACTION SUIT AGAINST THESE "INCOMPS'?  PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  Iwill be diligently searching a Legal Team.  I'm glad it's a flat screen.  At least then, when I throw it out, it'll occupy less space in the landfill!

WHAT LG REALLY STANDS FOR IS:     "LESS GOOD"!

ADAMANTLY & SINCERELY,

Kaatman2

• 1 month later...

I just bought a brand new one. It's fast, looks nice, but their claim of "most commonly to used apps" is entirely deceptive. Tubi, Nosey, and Discovery plus, are the most used in the country and it's not even available on WebOSs "hundereds" of lame apps. You spend a thousand dollars on a smart tv and it's not even smart enough to support the most commonly used apps in the country, forcing you to invest in a separate streaming device such as Roku. Very disappointed in the deceptive advertising of this product. If it wasn't a gift for my dad who is computer illiterate I definitely would have returned it.

• 1 month later...