Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Ewen

TV Guide / Single Tuner

Having had a few weeks to adjust to the 50LB6500 the slowness of the interface at startup and when pulling down the TV Guide is very frustrating. A single tuner in this model is a serious obstacle to usability. When you first turn on a TV the thing you most want to access is the guide, and you have to wait ages just to get the WebOS interface running, then wait even longer to see anything useful on the TV Guide.

One thing that would make the TV Guide more useful is a function to scan through the channels and grab the broadcast information. The current implementation of the App makes you do this manually. That's not really a Smart TV, it's a Lazy TV. Can't you do better with the guide LG?

E

• Like 1

Do you mean the guide is pulled down EVERY time the tv launches? That's crazy, why not have a small local DB where you store the guide data (where does it come from anyway, is it embedded or from LG locally?) and then update it like every night? I can really understand that it is slow if it has to load all guide data every single time you start the TV.

I am also running Windows Media Center here at home, and there you can have combined guide data, e.g. where no guide data exists from the XML feed from Microsoft, the app is getting the guide data from the DVB-T feed itself, and that is SLOW. Takes about 10 seconds or something. 

Most sett op boxes also take the guide data from the DVB-stream, and I have never experienced them being so slow... I wonder what the problem is with WebOS?

Do report this to LG!

/H

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dave dowson
      Hi
      I got an LG OLED today, I only have a Sky Q as input (no other devices). I want to stop using the Sky Q remote, which button on the LG magic remote acts like the "Home" or "Sky" buttons on the Sky Q Remote? 
      The magic remote can pause/play and power off the sky q box as well as navigate the menu (after I call it up) all with single button pushes. But to get the sky menu - I cannot find a way to get a single button push on the LG to bring the sky q menu up. I found a couple of ways
      1) press the STP power button twice (off / on = brings menu up on power up)
      2) press the ... (three dots) button then scroll down to menu from the pop up menu.

I want a single button to bring up the Sky menu ... any ideas? Maybe it's possible to configure the 4 coloured buttons or the GUIDE button on the LG remote to map to the Sky Home/Menu feature
      Thanks in advance
      Dave
    • By Yaswanth
      Looking for airtel Xstream app for webOs in LG554T. Please add it. This app is available in google play store & app store
    • By Monz87
      Hi guys, is there a way to turn off the pop up recommendations on the latest updates when you hover over apps? My kids use the TV often and sometimes inappropriate thumbnails appear and I would rather have it off.
      Thanks.
    • By Yogesh Handa
      Not able to see hot star and Zee 5 on model 42LB6500-TH
    • By Ken Gendron
      I have an LG (web) OE TV model Number UJ6200
      That's keeps losing memory.
      I read somewhere that I can install an external hard drive. Is this possible and if so can you please let me know hard drive make, model, and Mfgr.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Jeroen Jansen
      Hi all,
      hope someone can help me. I have a LG 49LX761H model 2016. I know it’s a hospitality tv but turned that mode off it works perfect. We upgrade the webos to the latest version available but the content store is not available. Is this function not available on this model or do I need to turn something on. Hope someone has the answer. Thanks
    • By sharathks00
      I have
      LG webOS TV UF950T,
      software version 04.06.00
      1.)  WebOS is getting updates but new  apps are not showing up in LG  Content store.  When I visit 
      link hidden, please login to viewthrough my Tv browser there are many new Apps which are not in LG content store.         When i try to install , it says  not compatible with your Tv. 2) When i try to play a video some times it says video format not supported and some times audio format not supported like with opus & ogg.
      My question is to Manufacturers/ WebOs designers if this is the case what is the point in updating TV, when there are no apps or support for new video or audio formats ????
      In this case its like if i want new apps, I have to buy a new TV, updates are not helping in improving TV in any ways, no longer a Smart TV
      lol

• By Kirtan Mehta
      Hi,  I need help to open Microsoft Teams on my LG Webos TV.. 
      I have LG WebOS TV OLED55C8PTA. My software version is 5.10.45. 
      When I open Microsoft Teams browser version from the browser on TV, I get the error message that "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Here's what works: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox."
    • By ajmboy
      So LG has put webOS on TVs, projectors, and now cars with webos auto. Does anyone thing LG will ever produce a webos powered smartphone or tablet? I know samsung has tried with tizen and it was only with the palm pre 2 and touchpad from HP that we saw webos on these types of devices. Just curious on what everyone thingks. Here's what webos used to look like..

HP Touchpad